NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant remember seeing a player leave a team he played 10 years for one year then return

Seahawks GM John Schneider said the team is still in talks with free agent LB Bobby Wagner.​

Middle linebacker remains one of the Seahawks' biggest needs. While a reunion with Wagner would certainly fix that problem, there's no guarantee the two sides come to terms on a new deal. After one season with the Rams, Wagner is now back on the market and has reportedly seen interest from both the Chargers and Cowboys. Wagner played at an extremely high level in 2022, totaling 140 tackles, six sacks, and two interceptions while being named Second-team All-Pro. Despite entering his age-33 season, he should have plenty of good football left in him.

Outsmarting his way to last place finish in 2022

Honestly the love of a guy who has quite literally done almost nothing well in the draft or free agency is hilarious

Outsmarting his way to last place finish in 2022

Honestly the love of a guy who has quite literally done almost nothing well in the draft or free agency is hilarious

Your Browns are rubbing off on your Crows. Im beginning to think youre a jinx.

Your Browns are rubbing off on your Crows. Im beginning to think youre a jinx.
I tried to warn my Crow brothers and sisters back when the “lets lose to get picks” momentum started that it would only ensure a foundation of losing is acceptable to become embedded.

5 season later—here we are

It is now comically sad to see the exact same posts—well this pick needs time, we played a good _____ (half, quarter)

It took many years of backing them—but yes seems I have infected Adelaide with losing finally ☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried to warn my Crow brothers and sisters back when the “lets lose to get picks” momentum started that it would only ensure a foundation of losing is acceptable to become embedded.

5 season later—here we are

It is now comically sad to see the exact same posts—well this pick needs time, we played a good _____ (half, quarter)

It took many years of backing them—but yes seems I have infected Adelaide with losing finally

Doesn't matter so much this year, as we are all playing for the right to get our ass kicked by the pies on grand final day sadly.

Would take quite the run of injuries to stop that train.

Doesn't matter so much this year, as we are all playing for the right to get our ass kicked by the pies on grand final day sadly.
Lot can happen between now and then —injuries, etc

The Crows descent to Browns hell hurts though

For a good stretch of 2010-2017 they were generally well coached, good talent identifiers and consistent top 8 members

Seems the pinnacle of that era was the destruction of the Kitty Kats at the Oval to advance to the GF

At least the Browns did me the courtesy of being a consistent disaster with zero hope—so never hurt as much

Can imagine these stories flattering around in 10 years time for the Saints salary cap management 😂

Pushing money out into the future with void years is only an accounting trick for salary cap purposes - the player gets their money at the time the bonus comes due (i.e. for a signing bonus, they get that money on signing)

I don't think even the Saints would be stupid enough to actually pay players 10 years after retirement (or more in the case of Bobby Bonilla) - or that is is even allowed in the CBA

Trading Simmons would be so so awful. If you desire to do a full rebuild just front load his contract and trade others (Landry etc) you dont trade a guy you can build the defense around.

Sounds like Carthon wants to gloat about the team HE built from the ground up

Vrabel was pissed when they traded AJ, he'd be on the verge of quitting if they trade Simmons too I reckon.

Vrabel was pissed when they traded AJ, he'd be on the verge of quitting if they trade Simmons too I reckon.
Those kinds of GMs are bad news. Theyre more focused on stamping their identity on a team, raising their name in football circles, big egos, rather than being clever and just building with what you inherited, keeping the best players etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back