2023 Paris-Roubaix

Remove this Banner Ad

MVDP 1 x Roubaix, 2 x Flandres, 1 x Milan-San Remo. One start in each of LBL & Lombardia 6th & 10th.

Watching GCN they actually mentioned that Mathieu had a better record (top 10 placings in his first 14 Monuments), than Eddy Merckx.
First 14 participations MVDP 4 wins plus 4 podiums and 5 other top 10, Eddy 3 and 4 placings, 4 top 10.

Mind you still a way to go overall, Merckx won all 5 at least twice and 19 in total!!.

Last edited:
Wout was matching him. Unlucky that the puncture happened then.
MVDP threw several attacks and did more work in the group. Wout went at the perfect moment and got a flyer and MVDP still instantly closed the gap. The puncture was horrible luck, and Wout might’ve got him tactically at some point without it but hard to think MVDP wasn’t the strongest rider today.

MVDP threw several attacks and did more work in the group. Wout went at the perfect moment and got a flyer and MVDP still instantly closed the gap. The puncture was horrible luck, and Wout might’ve got him tactically at some point without it but hard to think MVDP wasn’t the strongest rider today.
No arguments from me, just felt that Wout could have won if not for that.

Liege in a fortnight will be great. Amstel Gold next week should be a good marker, same with LFW midweek.

Amazing race, shame about the puncture and Degenkolb crash (nobody's fault) but that's Roubaix. MvdP was stronger based on Flanders so I think he would've taken him but WvA had done no work for 50 km.

Kaden Groves finish 31st, hopefully he'll feature and the Giro and Tour for Alpecin

He looked the strongest rider all day but jeez... MVPD was kissed on the dick a bit wasn't he? Somehow staying upright when his own teammate swings into him, Wout flat, missing that barrier by a millimetre. I know you need some luck to win, but that about as lucky as you can get.

And whoever picked the tyres for Jumbo today might be looking for a new job tomorrow I reckon.

Amazing race, shame about the puncture and Degenkolb crash (nobody's fault) but that's Roubaix. MvdP was stronger based on Flanders so I think he would've taken him but WvA had done no work for 50 km.

Kaden Groves finish 31st, hopefully he'll feature and the Giro and Tour for Alpecin
He'll do the Giro but not the Tour. Philipsen is the form sprinter in the world so far this year with four wins, two seconds and a fourth so far from 14 starts (quite a few of which were mountains in Tirreno-Adriatico). Which one gets the Vuelta I'm not sure though.

He looked the strongest rider all day but jeez... MVPD was kissed on the dick a bit wasn't he? Somehow staying upright when his own teammate swings into him, Wout flat, missing that barrier by a millimetre. I know you need some luck to win, but that about as lucky as you can get.

And whoever picked the tyres for Jumbo today might be looking for a new job tomorrow I reckon.

Both Alpecin and Jumbo use the same tyres. The way they are used can vary greatly in this race. Air pressure being the biggest but Jumbo ditched Shimano this year and are using different wheels which have much wider rims than what Alpecin are using.

I don’t know the Jayco riders too well but Roubaix should be the one race Bambie should target. I used to ride with her years ago and Adelaide and she’s a big diesel that can easily handle rough roads.

I am assuming Bambie is Manly. Manly has been suffering from illness and has barely raced since the TDU, so her missing is understandable. However. the bigger picture is that if you have three leading riders at least two should be in the biggest races, yet one week later the three are in for Amstel Gold. The team lost Grace Brown because they would not give her the program she wanted.

He'll do the Giro but not the Tour. Philipsen is the form sprinter in the world so far this year with four wins, two seconds and a fourth so far from 14 starts (quite a few of which were mountains in Tirreno-Adriatico). Which one gets the Vuelta I'm not sure though.

Except for one or two races, Groves is riding the exact program he would have done if he was still at Jayco.

S
I am assuming Bambie is Manly. Manly has been suffering from illness and has barely raced since the TDU, so her missing is understandable. However. the bigger picture is that if you have three leading riders at least two should be in the biggest races, yet one week later the three are in for Amstel Gold. The team lost Grace Brown because they would not give her the program she wanted.
Sorry, I meant Amber Pate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back