2023 Player Numbers - Doug Hawkins Reviews the Choices

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a bit odd that Rory Lobb was given No 7 considering he is an almost 30 import. Perhaps, as raised in the podcast, it may serve as a motivating factor to get the best out of him.
As Dougie says, let's hope Lobb kicks some goals in it next season. Who would you give the number 7 to?

As Dougie says, let's hope Lobb kicks some goals in it next season. Who would you give the number 7 to?
I thought Darcy was in contention for 7 or West could put his hand up for his old man’s number. Maybe an Ed Richards? Anyway let’s hope Lobb gives it a good home for 3 years or so?

Not that I'm advocating it, but we have left numbers vacant in the past if I remember rightly. We could keep it vacant til next season when we recruit our next star mid-fielder. ;)

Not that I'm advocating it, but we have left numbers vacant in the past if I remember rightly. We could keep it vacant til next season when we recruit our next star mid-fielder. ;)
It's an interesting one. We have a future first rounder next year from Brisbane, attached to the Dunkley trade. Let's curse the Lions and if they finish last, we get pick one and a certain star for the #7 guernsey!

Number 7 should have gone to Westy straight up, unless he didn’t want the burden? Walk-up start otherwise.

You'd think they would have asked Rhylee first if he wanted no 7, but he was happy with 14 and wants to make that his own. Understandable. 7 was vacant and Rory put his hand up. Would be fantastic to see Dougie present the no.7 to Rory before his first game for the club. Remember seeing Wheels present the no.35 to Daniel and it was inspiring to listen to him talk about how special the guernsey was to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back