Opinion 2023 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else making this decision at 5pm tonight when the teams are finalized?

Long vs Camaniti vs Sturt

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards Long. Big praise on the young kid. Will be a very slow burn, but should play a lot, and might fluke a couple of goals and a solid score. The DPP helps too.
I'm taking Caminiti. The extra 20k allows me to get Sheezel.
With Membery now out for a few weeks as well as other Saints injuries, with some luck maybe he can get a run of games.

Setterfield or Worpel?
Both solid picks IMO, but Worpel has the slight edge in terms of scoring history, less role competition and is 38k cheaper – $350k is usually my absolute max for non-keeper midpricers, and Setterfield is right on the cusp of that bracket.

That being said, I don't think you can go particularly wrong with either if it gets a rookie off the field. Trust your gut

D3 is the only non-rookie position I'm unsure of .... Luke Ryan V Barrass V Ridley V Richards

Ryan not playing in the practice matches worries me, Barrass has to contend with the return of McGovern, Ridley was ordinary last year but may now have a coach who uses him properly and I have doubts that Richards can repeat his great late season form.
All opinions appreciated.

McGovern if you want to be risky. Ridley the best out of those 4.

Philipou +$7k ITB
vs
Chesser + $50k ITB

Neither on field.
Assuming in the mids?
Do you have a dpp in the other 2 bench spots?
If so I’d go the one you don’t have

For eg if you have Davey already I’d go chesser for dpp flexibility purposes having the swing to both lines

If it’s just 1 I’d go chesser as I think that swing with constable and ginbey will be needed more so then the fwd/mid link early

Philipou +$7k ITB
vs
Chesser + $50k ITB

Neither on field.
I'd probably lean Chesser. Will spend more time around the ball, and the DEF/MID DPP is probably better considering the amount of rookies most have down back. But overall, it's pretty line-ball. I'd rather the option with the extra cash.

Jacob Hopper vs a Stormtrooper
Which one is more likely to hit a target?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming in the mids?
Do you have a dpp in the other 2 bench spots?
If so I’d go the one you don’t have

For eg if you have Davey already I’d go chesser for dpp flexibility purposes having the swing to both lines

If it’s just 1 I’d go chesser as I think that swing with constable and ginbey will be needed more so then the fwd/mid link early
Yeah in the mid's. Davy forward. Think I'd like tohave a bit of cash for corrections, rather than have to do a second trade to fund it.

1679025530639.png

I'd probably lean Chesser. Will spend more time around the ball, and the DEF/MID DPP is probably better considering the amount of rookies most have down back. But overall, it's pretty line-ball. I'd rather the option with the extra cash.
Yeah think I'll go for the cash - lock in Philipou for 80+

Yeah in the mid's. Davy forward. Think I'd like tohave a bit of cash for corrections, rather than have to do a second trade to fund it.

View attachment 1631685
I like the def/mid flexibility more for the start of the year mate I’d go chesser. I don’t think we’ll be needing rookie roulette as much up forward so having the bailout/option to move a constable (if he’s dropped) or we lose Cowan/McKenna/Wilmot to a dropping we have some more room to move

Was feeling too thin in the forwards (with yuck looking rookies) after trading out McLean and Fyfe.

Option 1: Oliver, Ridley and Long (Greene on field) - 6K ITB
Option 2: Coniglio, Stewart and Constable (Baker on field) - 42K ITB
#2 for me. a top 3 defender, a top 6 forward, a better rookie, a better rookie on field and a little cash in the pocket

There are a few nuances with rookie shuffles but boiling down to the following:

McKenna (D5) and Gulden (F4) v Daicos (D3) and Phillipou (F6)

Any takers?

There are a few nuances with rookie shuffles but boiling down to the following:

McKenna (D5) and Gulden (F4) v Daicos (D3) and Phillipou (F6)

Any takers?

McKenna & Gulden

McGovern if you want to be risky. Ridley the best out of those 4.
That's a bit too risky for me. Capable of big scores but his season average has been between 86 and 91 over each of the past 7 years. Very consistent, but a bit too low with so many higher scoring premo backs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back