Opinion 2023 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Im team JDG now. Backing in his pure midfield role breakout (circa post bye 2021), $700k cheap enough to gamble
Yep ...look at the tail end of 2021 ....great scoring run, and then he started last season well, up until the Bali story broke in round 10

Consistency is simply the issue .....and he looked great last weekend .....I'm oscillating between Daicos & De Goey

Here’s a cross position one of high ownership. Daicos v Gulden
Yeah that’s hard. Probably be on my own here but I’d lean towards Daicos. Still can’t shake this feeling that we haven’t seen the last of Errol’s occasional 50s and 60s and that will drag his average down considerably. Feel like Daicos runs around like a mad case always looking for that next kick, which raises his floor a fair bit.

I looked at kozi side a few pages back ....amazing how looking at a posters side can spark a thought

Who would you choose
De Goey v Daicos v Rozee ?

Now I'm against Rozee, one of the few, based on ownership .....but he'll be a tagger target, and he won't handle it ....plus PORT have a tough first 6 games

So, for now ....I moved De Goey (M5) to Daicos (D3) .....which allowed me to move Ginbey into the midfield ....one DEF rookie on-field
I can’t have DeGoey. Ever since Pendles said they’re happier with him getting the ball less but doing more with it (quality over quantity I think he said) he’s never been that prolific guy he was at the end of 2021 (and to be fair, neither has anybody else at Collingwood).

So for me it’s between Daicos and Rozee. Can see the reasons why you’re against Rozee but I’d have him ahead in that comparison.

Yeah that’s hard. Probably be on my own here but I’d lean towards Daicos. Still can’t shake this feeling that we haven’t seen the last of Errol’s occasional 50s and 60s and that will drag his average down considerably. Feel like Daicos runs around like a mad case always looking for that next kick, which raises his floor a fair bit.
that’s what I’m thinking. Then I’ve got Henry, McLean, Milera as alternatives to Liam ******* Jones lol. If it’s Henry then i can go Dawson over Daicos too

I looked at kozi side a few pages back ....amazing how looking at a posters side can spark a thought

Who would you choose
De Goey v Daicos v Rozee ?

Now I'm against Rozee, one of the few, based on ownership .....but he'll be a tagger target, and he won't handle it ....plus PORT have a tough first 6 games

So, for now ....I moved De Goey (M5) to Daicos (D3) .....which allowed me to move Ginbey into the midfield ....one DEF rookie on-field
What was the thought.. going stronger in the backline?

Was looking for a way out of being forced to pick one of the dud 300-500k defenders. Dawson instead of Cogs and field Davey F6 is what did it

De Goey to either one of Daicos or Rozee is a good move IMO. Not like Rozee is copping any more attention than Daicos will

What was the thought.. going stronger in the backline?

Was looking for a way out of being forced to pick one of the dud 300-500k defenders. Dawson instead of Cogs and field Davey F6 is what did it

De Goey to either one of Daicos or Rozee is a good move IMO. Not like Rozee is copping any more attention than Daicos will
I wanted Dawson ....but sacrificed Daicos to get Dawson .....but after your post, I said, why not both

I agree, I didn't want a Jones or Day in DEF .....we're really bereft of mid-price DEF options

Im team JDG now. Backing in his pure midfield role breakout (circa post bye 2021), $700k cheap enough to gamble
De Goey's break out was mainly down to running around getting cheap marks with how they were playing under Buckley. Averaged 7.5 a game after the bye in '21 when he hit that purple patch.. won't be happening again under McRae's game plan

Could be fine without the marks but I don't really rate his craft as a contested ball mid. Think he'll need plenty plus a goal or two to average anywhere near 100 which I can't see happening

I've had him numerous times and watched him closely when play midfield.

He's a lazy campgainer. Doesn't run hard enough or get his hands dirty enough (tackle etc) to be a worthwhile fantasy pick. He can do it for some games but I don't see him ever doing it consistently over a season. I would avoid

I've had him numerous times and watched him closely when play midfield.

He's a lazy campgainer. Doesn't run hard enough or get his hands dirty enough (tackle etc) to be a worthwhile fantasy pick. He can do it for some games but I don't see him ever doing it consistently over a season. I would avoid
Yeah you are right, i'm happy to bet on a price rise.

Only have JDG now so i have cash to get rid of hunt and jones now Bowes & Day

De Goey's break out was mainly down to running around getting cheap marks with how they were playing under Buckley. Averaged 7.5 a game after the bye in '21 when he hit that purple patch.. won't be happening again under McRae's game plan

Could be fine without the marks but I don't really rate his craft as a contested ball mid. Think he'll need plenty plus a goal or two to average anywhere near 100 which I can't see happening
Steve Buscemi cross off.gif

Oh I see how it is. You won’t cross him off the list when I advise you against him but you will when kozi does!!

Tim Robinson Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos + Mclean vs cogs + constable
Maybe Cogs as he's a genuine premo. Then again, maybe Daicos is too. I guess McLean has better job security than Constable. Not much help sorry.

My scenario:
Laird & Ridley
Brayshaw & McGrath
Bailey Smith/Macrae & Daicos

Any thoughts? Would love Laird & Daicos, but ain't gonna happen.

Maybe Cogs as he's a genuine premo. Then again, maybe Daicos is too. I guess McLean has better job security than Constable. Not much help sorry.

My scenario:
Laird & Ridley
Brayshaw & McGrath
Bailey Smith/Macrae & Daicos

Any thoughts? Would love Laird & Daicos, but ain't gonna happen.
Bailey Smith/Macrae & Daicos ....one game has spooked many on Daicos, but IMO he's still a better option than McGrath or Ridley

Cogs and Dawson v Andrew Brayshaw and Daicos ?

Hmmm. With the hollands news, I'm faced with the following selection headache...
Hollands (M9) and Phillipou (F6)
VS
$200k rookie (M10) and Bruhn (F5)

The age old question of long term cash gen or solidified fwd line scoring....

Stuck on one last call for the timebeing

Josh Kelly and Sam Flanders (currently this)
or
Bailey Smith and Tanner Bruhn

What is the summarised version
I was only joking 2021 I had a weekly melt about him but I just went too early on him.

I've toyed with grabbing him again, I think he will start the year well, not sure he's the greatest in the middle part of the season but he should be getting better and better and surely more mid mins with no Dunkley. I've gone Crae and don't wanna Bevo myself with both but think Smith is a good pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back