Opinion 2023 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you use the extra cash from a Jelly and Bruhn combo elsewhere?
Could go Gulden up to Green, or wait and see what the rookie situation is like

1678770914202-png.1628949

Could go Gulden up to Green, or wait and see what the rookie situation is like

1678770914202-png.1628949
I'm not sure that Gulden to Green is actually an upgrade, especially if you're thinking season-long.

If you were keen on Green, I'd be more inclined to bundle Day and Flanders (or McLean if you have money in the bank) into Green and a rookie.

Stuck on one last call for the timebeing

Josh Kelly and Sam Flanders (currently this)
or
Bailey Smith and Tanner Bruhn
I'd go Josh Kelly over Bailey Smith but I can't split Bruhn and Flanders.

If Kelly plays bulk of his time as a centre bounce mid, I reckon he gets his average up to 107+. With Taranto and Hopper gone, who else are they going to rotate into the mids?

Bailey Smith will be right up there provided his TOG is as high as it was for the first half of the season. Up until the Geelong headbutt game, his average TOG was in the mid 90's which was ridiculous for a midfielder. For some reason, it plummeted from there and he was getting low 80%'s for the rest of the season.

With Bruhn, I don't see Bruhn as a natural accumulator and worry about his job security and role in the team. He is easily one player that can be shifted to a flank for a whole game without much thought.

Flanders, I'm gonna be honest, I couldn't tell him apart from a bar of soap. I see he averaged sub 50 last season so I genuinely have no idea why people are picking him at his price.

LDU v Cerra? I’ve had LDU locked in since day one but fighting to find an extra 30k somewhere.

Now I’m attached to LDU but looking at it purely numbers based, what do they both ave?
LDU easy

Cogs and Dawson v Andrew Brayshaw and Daicos ?
Bray and Daicos. Bray clearly over Cogs, and is C option.
Dawson and Daicos probably similar.

Stuck on one last call for the timebeing

Josh Kelly and Sam Flanders (currently this)
or
Bailey Smith and Tanner Bruhn
Not keen on Flanders or Bruhn. Probably former.

Macrae, LDU and Daicos
Bont, Anderson and McGrath
Very tough. Probably the 2nd but very similar both really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird & Day v LDU & Cumming.

This is very similar to my vs question so hard one.

Comes down to how much you trust Day. I don't trust him. His fantasy form line is poor and we're all hoping he breakouts off the back of a midfield role we haven't really seen in action. One preseason game with a score of 70ish.

I would go LDU and Cumming. I also think their best outcomes are higher overall. Cumming 100 and LDU 105+. Laird best outcome will be 120 again and don't see Day pushing past a 75-80

This is very similar to my vs question so hard one.

Comes down to how much you trust Day. I don't trust him. His fantasy form line is poor and we're all hoping he breakouts off the back of a midfield role we haven't really seen in action. One preseason game with a score of 70ish.

I would go LDU and Cumming. I also think their best outcomes are higher overall. Cumming 100 and LDU 105+. Laird best outcome will be 120 again and don't see Day pushing past a 75-80
That's the way I'm leaning. Both should make money too as opposed to Laird is going to lose it. I already have Oliver, Crae, Jelly in the mids but the backline is just ass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back