Position 2023 PODs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t find a POD thread, if there’s already one please merge.

My #1 POD is Tom Powell at 2% ownership.

Well priced, gets a fair bit of the ball, uses it well and Clarko loves him

Have 2 this year. Rioli and Cunnington. I had Lloyd all pre season and changed to Rioli. I figured as it’s his second year as a half back surely he gets better

Quiet Please Afl GIF by GIANTS

Couldn’t find a POD thread, if there’s already one please merge.

My #1 POD is Tom Powell at 2% ownership.

Well priced, gets a fair bit of the ball, uses it well and Clarko loves him

Top work. You managed to get this in the MPM thread, the rookie thread (for which he ain’t), and created a POD thread before he’s played a game. Quaddie would be the vent and regrets thread 😂

Had a last minute change to a POD last night and it paid off with Nank. Got a ton and absolutely monstered TDK.

Got a few others becuase I like to take a few risks too.

McCluggage: Will get a lions (pun intended) share of the mid points with Neale and Dunks, and if Neale cops a tag, he may benefit.

Would we call Crae a POD? Only 13% owned. I have Jelly too and he’s still under 10%

Have 2 this year. Rioli and Cunnington. I had Lloyd all pre season and changed to Rioli. I figured as it’s his second year as a half back surely he gets better
I've got Cunnington too and think he'll do well!

Andy Brayshaw and Brodie Grundy if they could be considered PODs

Should have started Bailey Dale like I wanted to.

Callum Mills for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your going to have a POD thread, whats a POD ?

I have - 12 under 15%
- 9 under 10 %
- 6 under 5 %
- 2 under 1 %
Personally I'd consider under 5% as a POD but can see the argument for under 10%.

Warner - 6.5%
Setterfield - 4.0% - Thanks to Yeo
Bytel 1.4% - pending tonights confirmed bench

Under 5% I hear you say. Here's my two.
Bailey Dale 4%. Dylan Moore 3%.

Very "if" he maintains the tagger role. Easily see him averaging mid 70s or more. Now or never for him if he wants to make an AFL career.
He's in my team atm - I'm just concerned about his JS

Bowey 1% - juicy 120 from 19 touches in pre-season, averaged 16.5 disposals last year for sub 70 average - when he gets 20+ disposals he averages 93.4. Took the only 2 kick-ins that May didn’t take in the pre-season. Besides that, he’s now the best user in the backline for the Dees - exit strategy lock.
No Salem, May and lesser extent Hibberd - I think there’s minimum extra 7-8 touches for him short-term; 4-5 once May is fit.

Setterfield 4% - Brodie lite. Take 95+ from him as M5. Just think he has capability to beat F & D at a similar price. Inside mid, big pre-season match, named on-ball, mature aged and ready for a proper opportunity - plus I expect Scott will reimagine the Dons midfield, won’t have the same Rutten set up.

I’d argue Gawn at 11% fits the bill - behind Marshall, English, Darcy, Witts, and even Sam bloody Draper! Equal with Grundy. Equal 6th picked ruck is a POD. Definitely see an argument he’s over valued but just backing in his contested marking game and a few goals.

Cunnington 7% - may still turn into Rozee but I want to keep my kitty for if Setterfield, Bowey or Ziebell *s up badly. Cunnington safe for 94-95, probably not top 10 forward but top 15 I think so. Inside mid who will get plenty of mid time.

Ziebell 4% - don’t rate him as a player, hope he gets dropped tbh so I’m not being a Norf nuffy with this pick - but I expect him and McDonald to share the kick-outs (took 9/11 out of pre-season), named in the backline, no McKay so unlikely to be moved out of defence anytime soon. We all know he’s the biggest seagull out there and the only way he picks up scores is through cheap chips in the backline - looks like he’s going to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back