Preview 2023 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to that, I've got an inside source that Indiana is expected to go into labour at on Friday 17th March at 3pm with the baby expected to be born exactly 7 seconds before the Geelong/Collingwood first bounce. Can't believe it but there you go.
Surely this is where Daisy needs to step up given she is a qualified midwife it should be her number 1 priority to ensure this child is born mid week.

If there's no Hawkins, J Henry or Neale in round 1 I'd expect us to start with a smaller forward line and maybe have Blicavs ruck more with Stanley pushing forward at times.

If we're being beaten in the air moving Sav forward would be the obvious choice to just provide a target and bring the ball to ground.

Playing both Ceglar and Stanley would leave us struggling for run through midfield since neither are going to play 90%+ game time up forward like Hawkins does.

On last night's form Ceglar should be nowhere near our Rd 1 team

On last night's form Ceglar should be nowhere near our Rd 1 team
I'm not putting a line through Ceglar on last nights practice match effort the withdrawal of Blits probably left us a bit short on options across the ground on the night and changed his planed work load but in saying that if he was to replicate that effort in game with 4 points up for grabs I might not be so generous.

I'm not putting a line through Ceglar on last nights practice match effort the withdrawal of Blits probably left us a bit short on options across the ground on the night and changed his planed work load but in saying that if he was to replicate that effort in game with 4 points up for grabs I might not be so generous.

Injuries might force us to play him, but he'd want to do better than he did last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to that, I've got an inside source that Indiana is expected to go into labour at on Friday 17th March at 3pm with the baby expected to be born exactly 7 seconds before the Geelong/Collingwood first bounce.
Sounds great. Name him in the 23 and get him to the ground fresh for the second half. Win-win (and hopefully another win as well).

:D

If there's no Hawkins, J Henry or Neale in round 1 I'd expect us to start with a smaller forward line and maybe have Blicavs ruck more with Stanley pushing forward at times.

If we're being beaten in the air moving Sav forward would be the obvious choice to just provide a target and bring the ball to ground.

Playing both Ceglar and Stanley would leave us struggling for run through midfield since neither are going to play 90%+ game time up forward like Hawkins does.

Ceglar could ruck and stanley could basically play as a fwd who relief rucks. But i think thata unlikely as is moving sav fwd after hes trained all summer as a defender.
Sav will probably play as a kpd, stanley and blitz the rucks. Cameron rohan and the ollies the marking options for r1 with us smaller up forward. Neale would have been picked at FF if he was fit.

He was damn ordinary......I fear injury will force us to use him, but hopefully we have all of Stanley, Blitz and Cameron ready to go Round 1.

We will need to use ceglar at some stage during the year to rest stanley but just play him in the games vs the bottom 4 teams and use stanley for the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back