Preview 2023 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the latest on the Bowes injury? Reports on here that he was injured in the first game but nothing from the club. Do people think Bowes, Bruhn and Henry will all play round 1?
They all looked to have good roles through the pre season games they played.
Can Bruhn, Atkins and Parfitt play in the same team?

What’s the latest on the Bowes injury?
After sitting it out up here last week when the club had a short training run in the midst of their latest Queensland holiday, it was very good to see him out there in the training pics from earlier this week.

Seems like he will definitely be right for consideration leading up to Round 1. And might even stretch the legs in the VFL hit-out this Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the latest on the Bowes injury? Reports on here that he was injured in the first game but nothing from the club. Do people think Bowes, Bruhn and Henry will all play round 1?
They all looked to have good roles through the pre season games they played.
Can Bruhn, Atkins and Parfitt play in the same team?
Bowes will play round 1 I think. It seems he was just being managed when he missed the last practice match, and the club were very clear that he had a spot in our best 22 when he was drafted. I think the closest player I'd liken him to on our list is Mitch Duncan. With Duncan likely to miss, I think Bowes is a lock.

As for Bruhn, I think he plays as well - probably the standout across those two pre-season games. Best 22 for mine based on his most recent offerings.

And Ollie Henry the one who possibly misses. Not because I don't think he's in our best side - I'm just not sure they'll play him and Rohan together to start with. Rohan is the incumbent and Scott loves him - and he's ahead of Henry with his defensive pressure. Ollie maybe a sneaky chance depending on the Hawkins / Cameron scenario and how that plays out.

And Sav will play IMO.

An interesting season ahead to see which teams come out on top. All teams improve a little over the off-season, but it takes a while for the wheat to separate from the chaff. Some teams will start strong but fall away after the midway point. Other teams will start slow but come good later. It's the same every year really. and it always makes the first few months of the season a fascinating watch. I think Melbourne will be the media darlings from the get go.

An interesting season ahead to see which teams come out on top. All teams improve a little over the off-season, but it takes a while for the wheat to separate from the chaff. Some teams will start strong but fall away after the midway point. Other teams will start slow but come good later. It's the same every year really. and it always makes the first few months of the season a fascinating watch. I think Melbourne will be the media darlings from the get go.
Melb and Bris will be the media darlings to start imo

Club knows we want injury updates.

Other teams are much better at this.
I'm pretty sure the club doesn't see their secrecy over injuries as a failure but a competitive advantage over the opposition.
Frustrating as it is for us fans, I guess who are we to complain when we have a flag at the end of the day?
Overall, must be a tight group for there never to be any leaks. Unlike what Scott and Lappin endured when they played alongside Akermanis circa 03.

I'm pretty sure the club doesn't see their secrecy over injuries as a failure but a competitive advantage over the opposition.
Frustrating as it is for us fans, I guess who are we to complain when we have a flag at the end of the day?
Overall, must be a tight group for there never to be any leaks. Unlike what Scott and Lappin endured when they played alongside Akermanis circa 03.

Isn't Scott on recent record as saying the club is 'forthright' about injuries to its players when they become known?

That Tanner Bruhn looks like a player going forward to me, what chances a round 1 appearance.

He'll get the opening clearance of the match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back