2023 Pre Season - SAM FLANDERS HYPE THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

There's still time lmao
For him to tear up the competition this year like the hype was hyped or to become a serviceable mid?
Don't know what to say about Sam
I've never seen what others see but I'm no great judge
Seems odd to drop him after last week
Like I've said on numerous occasions he has no weapons and is sloooooww
So maybe they went with pace
I'm no fan of Flanders but I'm sure he's better than Tsitas

For him to tear up the competition this year like the hype was hyped or to become a serviceable mid?
Don't know what to say about Sam
I've never seen what others see but I'm no great judge
Seems odd to drop him after last week
Like I've said on numerous occasions he has no weapons and is sloooooww
So maybe they went with pace
I'm no fan of Flanders but I'm sure he's better than Tsitas
I can't see him being a dominant player at AFL level.
Even with his injury I couldn't see him being a Rowell or Anderson.
I agree he's too slow to be a great player but I hope he proves me wrong.
I will happily admit I'm wrong if he kicks on

I thought he was alright last week after watching replay knowing he was going to get subbed.
I said at the game he found space and linked well but any disposal over 15m is a turnover for Sam at the moment unfortunately
And if you don't have raw burst speed a la Rowell Anderson Miller Swallow you have to compensate with foot skills and vision

I can l think he's going to be an absolute jet just needs time

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn return with another offer.

I'm really surprised given how he knocked them back last year (despite what 'family' said) - but a deal has again, been offered.

Does he stay again?

It seems that I may have to have a slice or two of humble pie.
Pop Tv Pie GIF by Big Brother After Dark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pleased to see he was able to take the tackle and still dispose of the ball yesterday, which is good for a little fella.

I absolutely could not see anything in Flanders and formed the opinion he was never going to be AFL quality, was very wrong he will be a big improver with less shackles on him now
Dew did him no favours playing 1 game as a forward pocket then dropped time after time.

Funny a dominating/goal kicking mid at VFL level only needed to be played… as a midfielder 👀

Dew did him no favours playing 1 game as a forward pocket then dropped time after time.

Funny a dominating/goal kicking mid at VFL level only needed to be played… as a midfielder 👀
Flanders was in the best 22 early season. Then his injury pushed him out. A Touk injury and his own VFL form allowed him to come back in, and he’s been developing nicely since.

But yes. Like Fiorini, it seems it’s predominantly mid or bust.

Flanders averaged 34.4 touches, 8.1 marks, 5.8 tackles in the VFL in 2023
Flanders averages 27.7 touches, 5 marks, 3 tackles since his returned into the senior side.

Posting elite numbers in the last month against both Top 2 sides.

Just for comparsion my boy Noah who is Top 10 in coaches votes and would be top 10 for Brownlow votes too.

Anderson averages 27.5 touches, 4.4 marks, 3.6 tackles in 2023.

Witts, Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders & In time Humphrey is our core midfield.

I absolutely could not see anything in Flanders and formed the opinion he was never going to be AFL quality, was very wrong he will be a big improver with less shackles on him now
It's great to have you back active in here by the way mate!

You and me both.Just didn't look special at anything.Now I think it's because he does things easily and knows how to get to the right places without looking like he's draining the tank.Just love he's converting VFL form to AFl.He's making me a believer.

You and me both.Just didn't look special at anything.Now I think it's because he does things easily and knows how to get to the right places without looking like he's draining the tank.Just love he's converting VFL form to AFl.He's making me a believer.
With Flanders stepping up and hopefully continuing his trajectory, teams are only going to be able to tag just one of him, Touk or Noah. 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back