Training 2023 Pre-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dev is gonna be our clayton oliver next year.

How good must it be for players, coaching staff and admin to have a home-base with all new facilities for training and recovery instead of being all over the place and having no post training facility follow up.
It will be interesting to see how it affects our players' health going forward.

Just looking at a few of the club photos and videos.

Dev is noticeably bigger across the chest and shoulders. So to a few of the other players.

Not so much the second year players, they’re still looking lightweight.
Hopefully he gets selected from round 1 and cements a spot for the year in a crowded space for spots. Some unlucky players to miss out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see how it affects our players' health going forward.
forecast for Brissy next two days in low to mid 30's with Ipswich mid to high 30's and high humidity a real QLD welcome for our new recruits.

Obviously much smarter people than me at the Lions would be aware of the dangers of training too hard and too long in such conditions and by all accounts there are good indoor facilitates so reckon some gym and aerobics work this week followed by a swim.

forecast for Brissy next two days in low to mid 30's with Ipswich mid to high 30's and high humidity a real QLD welcome for our new recruits.

Obviously much smarter people than me at the Lions would be aware of the dangers of training too hard and too long in such conditions and by all accounts there are good indoor facilitates so reckon some gym and aerobics work this week followed by a swim.
And if this is the attitude of our players and coaches then no wonder our ability to cover ground when it matters in big games gets brought into question.

We should be using these conditions to our advantage, not as a hindrance.

And if this is the attitude of our players and coaches then no wonder our ability to cover ground when it matters in big games gets brought into question.

We should be using these conditions to our advantage, not as a hindrance.
I don't think it is a fitness issue regarding the two way running of some of our players, it is arguably more aligned with attitude and lack of leg speed eg Lyons lack of leg speed.

preseason is well known for increased running loads, I am just stating that in extreme conditions we now have, new larger purpose built indoor facilities and a pool. There are a lot of ways to increase aerobic capacity and it does not just involve running lap after lap in 36 to 37 degrees in blistering sun.

I don't think it is a fitness issue regarding the two way running of some of our players, it is arguably more aligned with attitude and lack of leg speed eg Lyons lack of leg speed.

preseason is well known for increased running loads, I am just stating that in extreme conditions we now have, new larger purpose built indoor facilities and a pool. There are a lot of ways to increase aerobic capacity and it does not just involve running lap after lap in 36 to 37 degrees in blistering sun.
I hope you're right! A couple of comments from Lachie Neale to Josh Dunkley and then last week from Dan McStay have me concerned though. I guess I'll be reserving judgement until the season proper.

I hope you're right! A couple of comments from Lachie Neale to Josh Dunkley and then last week from Dan McStay have me concerned though. I guess I'll be reserving judgement until the season proper.

I really, REALLY wouldn't read that much into it.

All that Dan McStay said was that it was different because they were straight into contested work.
Which is definitely different because they usually ease into that sort of stuff.

I think it was around the 2019/20 preseason where Fages changed things up a bit because all the boys come back in really good nick, so they decided to jump straight into match simulation stuff much quicker than they had previously.
Designed to help the team click earlier in the season and become a more cohesive unit.

Early days and these clips could be a little deceiving but both Rich and Zorks look a little leaner coming into the pre-season.

Again, could be imagining things but is Harris a bit broader across the shoulders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back