Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Clav like all the others we dumped never get picked up by another club , isn't that telling you something ?
They are NFG

He was going pretty well in the VFL. Most players don’t get pick up again. It would be under 1% the amount that get a second chance and most would be high picks or have an elite state league season. Would have to be one of the classic big footy generalisations that not getting picked up means no good.

What the hell is jones getting us in a trade? He’s a delist target at this point. Perpetually injured with soft tissue (the kiss of death) poor disposal, inconsistent output when on field

we got him for a second rounder and a fourth rounder and he came with a couple picks back our way. He’d be worth even less now
It’s all very well saying trade certain players but they need to have currency!
The one that may potentially be a win win on a trade is Gresham.

It’s all very well saying trade certain players but they need to have currency!
The one that may potentially be a win win on a trade is Gresham.

Like when we traded Stanley, McEvoy, Bruce, Hickey and all the others that we made out like bandits on. Very unlikely we get a player anywhere as good with his pick.

He was going pretty well in the VFL. Most players don’t get pick up again. It would be under 1% the amount that get a second chance and most would be high picks or have an elite state league season. Would have to be one of the classic big footy generalisations that not getting picked up means no good.
Seems a pretty handy generalisation. It was obvious how slow he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were secured for draft picks were they not. That wasn't what we were talking about. Anyway we don't have a membery on our list
Sorry came in late. Thought the person was just talking about trades however they happened. That is how your response sounded. I’d say at the time Stanley was a win And I apologise for my spelling. It’s a huge story and maybe we should report my post for incorrect spelling. Jack Stevens was a win. Great pick for him.

Last edited:
They were secured for draft picks were they not. That wasn't what we were talking about. Anyway we don't have a membery on our list
Greatest (* up of a) trade the club ever did and it will never be beaten is this:

Before the 1971 season I believe .........

Straight swap - Ian Stewart for Billy Barrot (Richmond).

Broke my grandmother's heart.

Greatest (* up of a) trade the club ever did and it will never be beaten is this:

Breen was talking about this on a podcast this week. Stewart and Jeans didn't get along.

Hamill & Gehrig, probably one of the all time best, geezuz I loved watching those two.

Hamill ended up injured all the time, but we only paid up Cranage for him.
2nd round pick for Dempster and Schneider was awesome.

Hamill ended up injured all the time, but we only paid up Cranage for him.
2nd round pick for Dempster and Schneider was awesome.

I was talking about trade outs not trade ins. We have done so many that a percentage have worked out well.

Or how about plugger for a bunch of GOP's , Russell Green for a couple of nuff nuffs. The list is endless.

My brother used to love to remind me of Begley and Schwartz picks for Lappin. He was a fan favourite. Hammil was at least one back the other way. The Blues seemed to chase any good Saint when I was young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back