Training 2023 pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Buddy will get used as a sub this year. He would be a pretty powerful weapon to come on halfway through the 3rd quarter.
Not sure.

But Horse’s commentary re: Buddy kinda sounds like “don’t expect too much - we just hope he still attracts the best defender”.

Which I think is fair.

I think if Buddy can average near 2 goals a game that would be a massive win for us.
I actually think the opportunity cost is more critical.

If Buddy gets 1-2 per game, but Logan, Heeney, Hayward and Paps are denied opportunities because we’re always going to Buddy - then I think it’s a massive loss for us.

I reckon Buddy’s effectiveness this year will be measured more by how many goals the other forwards kick because of Buddy’s presence.

Who's the merri creek putting this up and 88 how do you find these people
I've got absolutely no idea who he is bedders, just saw it in a group chat I'm in and thought it was interesting he had the two players I said would be AA contenders this year on his list.

On the topic of possible AAs etc, are there ANY players in the whole comp you'd swap for Errol Gulden?

Jeremy Cameron? Sam Taylor? Sam Walsh? Noah Anderson? Nick Daicos? Charlie Curnow? Sean Darcy? A KPF (like Curnow) is the only one that makes me stop and think. All the others may or may not have better careers in front of them but I wouldn't take the risk and I'd prefer to keep Errol.

On the topic of possible AAs etc, are there ANY players in the whole comp you'd swap for Errol Gulden?

Jeremy Cameron? Sam Taylor? Sam Walsh? Noah Anderson? Nick Daicos? Charlie Curnow? Sean Darcy? A KPF (like Curnow) is the only one that makes me stop and think. All the others may or may not have better careers in front of them but I wouldn't take the risk and I'd prefer to keep Errol.
There's no one in the comp I'd swap for Gulden. But I'd say the same about a handful of our players. The one I'm hoping I'll be able to say the same about by the end of this year is Tom McCartin.

Nup

There's no one in the comp I'd swap for Gulden. But I'd say the same about a handful of our players. The one I'm hoping I'll be able to say the same about by the end of this year is Tom McCartin.
I agree re Gulden. Though he is already very good, almost unstoppable, and a leader. The upside is still enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd never trade Golden Gulden

No. Not until we see what he's like as an onballer. If you asked this a month ago I'd probably swap him for Darcy Moore but not now

The only possible KPFs would be the Kings but after injuries, I'm happy with Gulden.

Has Francis played much yet?
Wondering if Francis in to defense and Tom McCartin into the forward line over McDonald would be an upgrade option in McDonald can't contest well enough again this year.

Well we are not yanks just laziness . How's your family !
It's a bit silly to call people out on minor spelling differences in any case. Even moreso when you often post without punctuation and good grammar yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back