Resource 2023 Premiership Merchandise

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume they’ve sold out now, as I don’t see any cards?

It looks like they are full price again:

Got my 2024 Gold logo jumper!!!

But if you look inside it, you can see the normal red AFL logo lol.

Did Nike just not realise they're expected to have a Gold logo for the Premier the following season? It seems like they flat out didn't know or didn't care until people complained?

Because we had heard rumours of the 2024 jumper not having the gold logo late last year, then the 2024 Jumper released in January and it didn't have the Gold logo. People kicked up a stink (me included) and suddenly come Feb, they have the gold logo "iron pressed" on.

Past jumpers have it printed into the jumper with all the rest.

Really poor from Nike overall on this. As beautiful as this jumper is.

Did Nike just not realise they're expected to have a Gold logo for the Premier the following season? It seems like they flat out didn't know or didn't care until people complained?
These jumpers were made last year before the GF I assume to catch up with the lack of stock but they supposedly shipped them earlier to get ahead of the ball as with international shipping delays/issues they've usually been really late with the first round of stock for the new season. Kudos for getting purchasable kits out before March this year, obviously with the caveat that they're iron-pressed logos, but if you're the collecting kind these will be worth far more than the sublimated ones in enough time.

The iron-pressed logo is... actually nice I have to admit. I was hoping it was at least the same rubbery material as the jock tag, but I was blown away it actually has depth with the white/blue segments actually pressed over the top of a stitched gold material. This is almost exactly how they do it with pressing Grand Final logos over the player issued guernsey's for the big game, so very pleased with the result all things considered.

The iron-pressed rubber AFL emblem look and feel incredible, it's why I've always wished AFL guernseys had similar to the EPL jerseys. Makes it feel a bit more premium. Of course Nike didn't exactly do this on purpose but I'd love if for the fan gear every logo was pressed in a similar way.

These jumpers were made last year before the GF I assume to catch up with the lack of stock but they supposedly shipped them earlier to get ahead of the ball as with international shipping delays/issues they've usually been really late with the first round of stock for the new season. Kudos for getting purchasable kits out before March this year, obviously with the caveat that they're iron-pressed logos, but if you're the collecting kind these will be worth far more than the sublimated ones in enough time.

The iron-pressed logo is... actually nice I have to admit. I was hoping it was at least the same rubbery material as the jock tag, but I was blown away it actually has depth with the white/blue segments actually pressed over the top of a stitched gold material. This is almost exactly how they do it with pressing Grand Final logos over the player issued guernsey's for the big game, so very pleased with the result all things considered.

In isolation I’m fine with the pressed on. Looks and feels nice.

I do have concerns it’ll wear away fairly quickly.

Got my 2024 Gold logo jumper!!!

But if you look inside it, you can see the normal red AFL logo lol.

Because we had heard rumours of the 2024 jumper not having the gold logo late last year, then the 2024 Jumper released in January and it didn't have the Gold logo. People kicked up a stink (me included) and suddenly come Feb, they have the gold logo "iron pressed" on.

Past jumpers have it printed into the jumper with all the rest.

Really poor from Nike overall on this. As beautiful as this jumper is.
Adidas was the best jumper we ever had and you can't change my mind!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked out the AFL shop at Northland again this week. There is obviously a supply that is being re-directed to the AFL shops. Last week they had 40% off premiership stock, but it was mostly hoodies with the cartoon like stuff on the back. On Monday they had plenty of black Knight t-shirts on sale, plus a grey premiership shirt which was in large sizes.

Attachments

• Knight T.JPG
    Knight T.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Gey T.JPG
    Gey T.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Grey T rear.JPG
    Grey T rear.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
The SEN call is the best

Triple M overall for me:

• Uses the clean FM/Digital Audio
  • Includes loud crowd noise
  • Umpire call as well
  • Better call than Channel 7 by a mile

So while the SEN call in and of itself may be a bit better than Triple M, it has almost zero crowd noise and uses the straight garbage AM quality audio. Which is f**king baffling when the digital version would exist.

Triple M overall for me:

• Uses the clean FM/Digital Audio
  • Includes loud crowd noise
  • Umpire call as well
  • Better call than Channel 7 by a mile

So while the SEN call in and of itself may be a bit better than Triple M, it has almost zero crowd noise and uses the straight garbage AM quality audio. Which is f**king baffling when the digital version would exist.

The SEN call doesn’t use AM quality audio on the 2023 Blu-Ray (listen to the 3AW call on the 2010 Blu-Ray if you want an example of how a legit AM rip sounds).

It’s just what you would describe as a more low-fidelity broadcast. There is only so much space on the AM frequency that the commentary is going to sound pretty washed out and indecipherable if the crowd noise is turned up a la an FM broadcast.

I enjoyed the SEN call (and have finally received my replacement disc). I’m not sure I can stomach two hours of Luke Darcy on play-by-play with the Triple M call, meanwhile

The SEN call doesn’t use AM quality audio on the 2023 Blu-Ray (listen to the 3AW call on the 2010 Blu-Ray if you want an example of how a legit AM rip sounds).

It’s just what you would describe as a more low-fidelity broadcast. There is only so much space on the AM frequency that the commentary is going to sound pretty washed out and indecipherable if the crowd noise is turned up a la an FM broadcast.

I enjoyed the SEN call (and have finally received my replacement disc). I’m not sure I can stomach two hours of Luke Darcy on play-by-play with the Triple M call, meanwhile

I really enjoyed the Triple M call myself

At least Darcy gives the "moments" some of the enthusiasm they deserve unlike BT and JB, which were surprisingly deplorable for a Grand Final

I think the low point of the entire call was BT's handling of Bobby Hill's mark.

Like, anyone with functioning eyes could see that mark coming a mile away. As a commentator it's literally your job to observe the game and get a feel for things that may come or are building up. It was such a flat nothing call for a genuine speccy in a Grand Final.

It wasn't just a "nice mark for a Grand Final", it was just a great mark full stop. Didn't get anywhere near the call it deserved.

For those who’ve had the blu ray replaced, do you still keep the faulty copy or have to send that in?
I got to keep it. I’m guessing that’s the same for others.

I just preordered this XL Darcy Moore Premiership bobblehead!

Also picked up the below 3 bobbleheads to add to my collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back