Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Know your audience. She's writing for a general audience, not BF nerds like us. Many Freo followers are only now waking up from hibernation. This is a good article for those who haven't yet finished their first cup of coffee.

I wonder how many people actually read her articles

I've never read anything more than skin deep analysis from her on anything football related

Us BF needs could write up a better article even when taking our rose coloured glasses off

They are thieves, cowards those oath breakers. When the time came to honour their word they fled. There's no trusting them.

Well they got it done at that white city.

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Well you're correct but not because of this and the below proves it. Never even read the books.

In the books they were just ghosts who were really spooky, Aragorn used them with the help of other Rangers from the north to free the Gondor army that was captured. After that the ghosts were free and Aragorn saved the day with just humans +1 elf and +1 dwarf.

So the actual fighting was by Gondor's army and rangers? Peter Jackson lied to me.

Last edited:

Agree that Reilly's article is just fluff at this point and she usually does produce better, but this...

Fremantle is close to, if not already in possession of, a list that will take them deep into finals. The big hole is still a traditional key forward and the Dockers might be at risk of testing their depth around the ground if crucial players suffer injuries.

...has to be one of the most over-used tropes in AFL media. Every side on the competition will have depth issues if crucial players suffer injuries ffs.

There's a reason why most, if not all, premiership teams have at least decent injury records.

That reminds me, people always bang on about the eagles, but why didn't Elrond tell Aragon about that green undead army that owed his family a solid before they even bothered to form a fellowship. Those dudes ****ing wrecked Sauron's siege army in seconds. Have them march on Mordor, slaughter the lot and then Frodo can waltz up and drop the ring in the lava unopposed.

It is mentioned in the back of the Simarillion that Elrond didn't approve of his daughter's relationship with Aragon, so he deliberately kept this information from him.

It is mentioned in the back of the Simarillion that Elrond didn't approve of his daughter's relationship with Aragon, so he deliberately kept this information from him.
Plus Aragon wasn't ready to accept his legacy and his right of being king. It needed everything to come together before he was able to give and earn the trust of the undead.

So Elrond would put the entire middle earth at risk because he's that dad that grills his daughter's prom date about being home by 10? What a ****.

All this talk about the undead is ignoring an even more blatant plot hole.

Why didn't they just hitch a ride with those giant eagles instead of walking half way across middle earth!?

I'd rather walk a mile longer than come accross eagles (supporters) unless they want a war. Then I'd gladly clench my fists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is crazy because Elrond is half human and his brother, who also had the choice of living a mortal human life or living as an immortal elf, chose to be human. Although you could argue that having seen and felt the loss of someone so close he knows what it will mean.

Destiny is in the hands of those that choose to work towards their goals.

As with Fremantle. Treacy has put in the work, it looks like he is well ahead of Amiss in terms of being ready for AFL football in the eyes of the match committee.

Last edited:
Well they got it done at that white city.

Well you're correct but not because of this and the below proves it. Never even read the books.

So the actual fighting was by Gondor's army and rangers? Peter Jackson lied to me.
Yeah because Tolkien understood that ending one of the most epic battles in fiction with 'and then an invincible ghost army came out and killed all the bad guys' would be anti-climatic as *.

Know your audience. She's writing for a general audience, not BF nerds like us. Many Freo followers are only now waking up from hibernation. This is a good article for those who haven't yet finished their first cup of coffee.
Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Pee Wee Herman Wow GIF

Sturt named in the middle for Thursday!
He is my smokey for the season.
I watched him last week and thought he went pretty well. Started on the HFF, then onto a wing.
It would suggest that they are looking to fit him into the starting 18 somewhere. I am sure that he will not get a game to begin with on the ball or in the centre, but he will play as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back