2023 Provisional AFL Draft Order (updated live throughout the season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter (Western Bulldogs) traded to Melbourne for F3 (Melb)
Dunkley (Western Bulldogs) with F3 (Melb) and F3 (WB) to Brisbane for #21, F1 (Bris), F2 (Bris), F4 (Geel)

Brisbane get: Josh Dunkley and two future third round picks (Melb & WB)
Western Bulldogs get: pick 21, a future 1st round pick (tied to Brisbane), future 2nd round pick (tied to Brisbane), and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong)

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 20.24.46.png

Lobb (Fremantle) to Western Bulldogs for pick 30 and F2 (WB)

Western Bulldogs get: Rory Lobb
Fremantle get: pick 30, a future 2nd round pick (tied to Western Bulldogs)

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 20.36.07.png

O'Meara (Hawthorn) with F4 (Haw) traded for Lloyd Meek (Fremantle) and F2 (WB?/Freo)

Hawthorn get: Jaeger O'Meara, future 2nd round pick (tied to Western Bulldogs?*)
Fremantle get: Lloyd Meek, future 4th round pick (tied to Hawthorn)

According to the tweet the F2 should be Fremantle's own pick, but they already traded that out. Will need to check into that one. At the moment the only one they've got is the Dogs' so have put it against that one instead for now but might have to switch it. 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 21.01.39.png

Hawthorn get: Jaeger O'Meara, future 2nd round pick (tied to Western Bulldogs?*)
Fremantle get: Lloyd Meek, future 4th round pick (tied to Hawthorn)

According to the tweet the F2 should be Fremantle's own pick, but they already traded that out. Will need to check into that one. At the moment the only one they've got is the Dogs' so have put it against that one instead for now but might have to switch it. 🤔

View attachment 1534703

Do Freo not also have North’s?

I think Freo must've traded Western Bulldogs' 2nd round pick to Hawthorn. They gave their own to Melbourne for Luke Jackson and at the time that was the only one they had to offer, same as now.

Also:

Take that as confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they might have realised that Freo don't have their F2 and Hawthorn don't have their F4, so only all the picks mentioned were wrong
Oh Hawthorn did have their F4 (although I had Bulldogs on the brain and wrote in the wrong club when I added the Meek trade). Currently pick 62

An interesting point was raised on our board that Brisbane now no longer hold a future 1st or 4th round pick which is not allowed according to the rules. Must've snuck through without the AFL realising.
True, could it be that because they have 3 x 3rd rounders?

Maybe the AFL will claim it's all legit because future fourth round picks are worth zero points, i.e. nothing.
Unless you're dead donkey last, then it's worth 9 points. Or if there are bids that move the picks up, then it might be worth a few more as well 😝

I'd say it's because you have three third round picks. If the point of the rule is that you can't sell yourself completely out of a future draft and * yourself up then I'm not sure how they can be upset if you've got a better hand than the mandated minimum?

Maybe the AFL will claim it's all legit because future fourth round picks are worth zero points, i.e. nothing.
That's the 5th round

Unless you're dead donkey last, then it's worth 9 points. Or if there are bids that move the picks up, then it might be worth a few more as well 😝

I'd say it's because you have three third round picks. If the point of the rule is that you can't sell yourself completely out of a future draft and * yourself up then I'm not sure how they can be upset if you've got a better hand than the mandated minimum?

That's the 5th round

Future picks count as the last pick in that round, the last pick of the fourth round next year is 74 due to North's priority picks, so any future fourth is worth zero points when calculated this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back