Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how far I can go with the Midpricers this might be a bit too much:moustache:

View attachment 1594047
View attachment 1594048
I honestly don't hate it too much at all. If you swap CMac, Ginbey and Allen for Ashcroft, Goater and Phillipou, you can even have the sexier rookies.

I'll ask my wife if I can post her team here, for some comparison, as she is all in on the idea.

I honestly don't hate it too much at all. If you swap CMac, Ginbey and Allen for Ashcroft, Goater and Phillipou, you can even have the sexier rookies.

I'll ask my wife if I can post her team here, for some comparison, as she is all in on the idea.
I'm not sure about Ashcroft, Goater and Phillipou at the moment. Allen is a lock JS is a massive factor and CMac & Ginbey will probably be higher scorers IMO

Did some tinkering after A Bit Dusty assured me Scotty LyJett is a goer this year. Geelong board seems to think Bowes will play so going him over Yeo.

76k ITB so can swap Titch to Green and Lycett to DC as other options.

Don't mind it actually. Not spending $1.4mil on the rucks sure opens up the options

View attachment 1594020
I'd have a real close look at Oscar Allens numbers ....although cheap, I think in this case you'll be getting that sort of output

Are you going to miss Hopper ?

What impact does Cunnington's CBA's have on LDU ?

Thoughts on this line up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125_125044_SuperCoach.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_125044_SuperCoach.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20230125_125058_SuperCoach.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_125058_SuperCoach.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 78
Thoughts on this line up?

nice team

Goater at D3 is not desirable - I'm going thin in defence but not that thin.

Phillips on the bench is a waste - something needs to give in mids or forwards to strengthen your defence

perhaps drop one of Rozee or Taranto, move Cunners to fwds, move phillips onto field and replace with a 123k rookie - use the money to fix defence

nice team

Goater at D3 is not desirable - I'm going thin in defence but not that thin.

Phillips on the bench is a waste - something needs to give in mids or forwards to strengthen your defence

perhaps drop one of Rozee or Taranto, move Cunners to fwds, move phillips onto field and replace with a 123k rookie - use the money to fix defence
Or keep Taranto and Rozee, who will be there at the end when it counts and get rid of Cunnington, who is a bigger trap than that new, almost complete death star.

Or keep Taranto and Rozee, who will be there at the end when it counts and get rid of Cunnington, who is a bigger trap than that new, almost complete death star.
schitts creek smh GIF by CBC

we can agree to disagree but I think Cunners has just as much chance of being a top 6 forward as the other two and therefore better value.

Did some tinkering after A Bit Dusty assured me Scotty LyJett is a goer this year. Geelong board seems to think Bowes will play so going him over Yeo.

76k ITB so can swap Titch to Green and Lycett to DC as other options.

Don't mind it actually. Not spending $1.4mil on the rucks sure opens up the options

View attachment 1594020
Nice team - TT is tempting me, but I'm not too sure of his availability now

we can agree to disagree but I think Cunners has just as much chance of being a top 6 forward as the other two and therefore better value.
If Cunnington is fit then he will be a Top 6 Forward easily. Dunkley/Cogs/Cunners will be the Top 3 then throw a blanket over another 7-8 players for the other 3 spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cunnington is fit then he will be a Top 6 Forward easily. Dunkley/Cogs/Cunners will be the Top 3 then throw a blanket over another 7-8 players for the other 3 spots.
It's the 'if fit' thing for me. Will he show up after the pre-season filled out and robust? He looked very frail when I last laid eyes on him playing footy. If we see him even 90% of his former self, then sure.

Nice team - TT is tempting me, but I'm not too sure of his availability now
Without getting into a debate about revenge pr0n, because it’s obviously a cowardly and daft threat for anyone to make, I reckon it’s unlikely our new captain would have given TT pretty much full support (and more besides) in his first presser if the coaching staff were intending to sideline him.

Here's my first team - any feedback is welcomed.

I'm taking some risks with injured players, but willing to go for value.
My final tinkering was English & Bowes changed to Young & Sheed - I'm quite happy with the team.

MPM - all the way baby!

1674709722752.png

It's the 'if fit' thing for me. Will he show up after the pre-season filled out and robust? He looked very frail when I last laid eyes on him playing footy. If we see him even 90% of his former self, then sure.
Photo dated Jan 9. Would you describe this man as "very frail"?

dsc_8451-jpg.1583705

Without getting into a debate about revenge pr0n, because it’s obviously a cowardly and daft threat for anyone to make, I reckon it’s unlikely our new captain would have given TT pretty much full support (and more besides) in his first presser if the coaching staff were intending to sideline him.
He'd be such a useful pick, I wanna see him burn the track down, not Calder hwy and prove to himself that he has such a rare gift that it would be pitiful to piss it away.

Photo dated Jan 9. Would you describe this man as "very frail"?

dsc_8451-jpg.1583705

Also yesterday in the Match sim he played 100% of the time in the Midfield and looked great.

Capture.JPG

Thoughts on my team?
I am one premium short imo - however I do think I am nicely stacked in the backline and my forwards should hopefully be nice cash cows.
Ideally I would have liked one more premo mid, however should be a few mid rookies to fit in there.

1674710657313.png

I'd have a real close look at Oscar Allens numbers ....although cheap, I think in this case you'll be getting that sort of output

Are you going to miss Hopper ?

What impact does Cunnington's CBA's have on LDU ?
He started 2021 averaging 79 for the first 10 rounds. That gets him well into the $400k's. Sure WC aren't as strong, but he's going to be more prominent now.

As I mentioned above, will probably downgrade someone to Hopper.

Cunnington could help LDU, take the heat off him. All conjecture ATS ;)

Easily? Three of the top 6 last year weren't even forwards at the beginning of the year.

He's a stepping stone and if you get 90+ it's a win.

Easily? Three of the top 6 last year weren't even forwards at the beginning of the year.

He's a stepping stone and if you get 90+ it's a win.

Are you sure?
I'm pretty sure all of them were Forwards except for Taranto who isn't Top 6

Thoughts on my team?
I am one premium short imo - however I do think I am nicely stacked in the backline and my forwards should hopefully be nice cash cows.
Ideally I would have liked one more premo mid, however should be a few mid rookies to fit in there.

View attachment 1594123
Really like this team, not much to fault.

Struggle with the Moore pick over Rozee or Taranto who are cheaper, but get the pick, very good little footballer.

I’d be very nervous starting Thomas with the pending court case among other reasons, but pre season games will decide whether we all have him or no one does.

Love the Kelly selection. Massive upside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back