Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all over cunners at 300k. Not so much at 400k. He pretty much has to be a premo at that price and he may not be back to his best. Too risky. As a side note. SC must not think testicle cancer is an injury. They did the same thing to doch. I call bs.

Nah it will be this year I reckon. Mid forward kick a few goals etc. That finish to 2021 is to good to pass up at 290k. 90 average is a forward keeper and will get him over 500k. Easy money.

Cunners will be playing serious inside mid time, he's available as a forward, and he's only averaged less than 90 twice in the past decade - one of those seasons being this year.

But instead you're willing to bet on TT, who you reckon will play mid forward, in a team that's been uncompetitive for like 18 games a year for the past two seasons?

Not sure I follow the logic. Is it mostly about the $125k difference in their price?

Cunners will be playing serious inside mid time, he's available as a forward, and he's only averaged less than 90 twice in the past decade - one of those seasons being this year.

But instead you're willing to bet on TT, who you reckon will play mid forward, in a team that's been uncompetitive for like 18 games a year for the past two seasons?

Not sure I follow the logic. Is it mostly about the $125k difference in their price?
TT was breaking out before he broke down. cunners is a fallen premo. im with you on this one based on my logic

This is great food for thought. I get your direction on this more clearly now. Pondering...

This is great food for thought. I get your direction on this more clearly now. Pondering...
Cheers. Even if North are really s**t again next year I'm confident our inside mids will do well in SC regardless.

That, combined with JS, is a large part of the reason I reckon Phillips, LDU and Cunners are more reliable and consistent scorers than any of our forwards.

I was all over cunners at 300k. Not so much at 400k. He pretty much has to be a premo at that price and he may not be back to his best. Too risky. As a side note. SC must not think testicle cancer is an injury. They did the same thing to doch. I call bs.
If he can make $100-$150k then it is a win.

He, along with Cameron and Taranto, are in and out of the team like a canine’s chipolata.

If Thomas is a defender taking kickouts or gulling bulk chips he’ll be pretty hard to ignore at $295k. Sitting forward with stints in the guts, then I’m not so sure.

So far the only mainstays for mine are Clarry, Macrae, and Steele. The rest are subject to change without notice or dependant on whose pre-season reports you read.

i wish this supercoach picker would do a spotify wrapped thing just before round 1...

"You made 1,337 draft versions of your Supercoach team"
"Will Gould was your most commonly picked player"
"An average time of 8.5 hours per day was spent picking your preseason Supercoach squad"
"North Melbourne and Collingwood were your two highest represented AFL clubs in your Supercoach team this preseason"

Mostly it's the cash. I'm sort of expecting a return like doch had from the same illness. A bit lower output than previous years and it took doch 12-24 months to get back to his best. He's on my watchlist for certain and a big preseason game may sway me.
I try to take less risks in my starting team these days as we don't get three preseason games any more to really confirm a pattern of scoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly it's the cash. I'm sort of expecting a return like doch had from the same illness. A bit lower output than previous years and it took doch 12-24 months to get back to his best. He's on my watchlist for certain and a big preseason game may sway me.
I try to take less risks in my starting team these days as we don't get three preseason games any more to really confirm a pattern of scoring.
So, no Preuss then?

I'm the opposite I prefer to start risky players and if they fail then there is always a Rookie or breakout player that you might have missed. It is definately the easiest time to make correction trades early in the season.

Don't know wtf I'm doing with my rucks just yet, but it will likely force me to restructure every day up until Round 1.

View attachment 1575994
As long as you end up with DC in either your R or F line, the rest will fall into place.
He is the keystone to the whole puzzle.

Here's my first go at a bit of DeNorthification. Down from 7 to 4! Work in progress.

Goater turned into Liam Jones (probably better js, 70 ave over past five seasons as opposed over one game).
Sicily turned into Clarry (Sicily had a great year but Clarry is rolled gold dependability)
Hopper into Warner (open-minded to it being Tom Green, or even Bailey Smith, I just have a good feeling about Chad)
Fyfe into Richards (cost of the two moves above)
T Thomas into Hollands (if he gets kickouts, it does change things, if he's firing in the preseason games it changes things)
Sheezel into F Greene (seems to have decent R1 prospects)

$110k left in the bank.

1671509708676.png
1671509750266.png

Here's my first go at a bit of DeNorthification. Down from 7 to 4! Work in progress.

Goater turned into Liam Jones (probably better js, 70 ave over past five seasons as opposed over one game).
Sicily turned into Clarry (Sicily had a great year but Clarry is rolled gold dependability)
Hopper into Warner (open-minded to it being Tom Green, or even Bailey Smith, I just have a good feeling about Chad)
Fyfe into Richards (cost of the two moves above)
T Thomas into Hollands (if he gets kickouts, it does change things, if he's firing in the preseason games it changes things)
Sheezel into F Greene (seems to have decent R1 prospects)

$110k left in the bank.

View attachment 1576012
View attachment 1576013
I like it a lot more, especially JS factor and load-spread.
Hopper is in/out constantly for me too.
I agree with just about all of it, which might be a bad sign.

After everything we yapped about last night, I have decided on LDU, Phillips & Comben and NEITHER TT or Cunners...LOFL.
Having a deep perusal of the mids, he does seem the most likely and capable of jumping onto the 120+ zone.
That clinic against us lives rent-free in my footy mind's eye.

What's the cheapest option to get into this team picker? Is there a free one going around? Don't want to spend $25 just so I can choose my team a bit earlier, I'm stingy.
There is usually an excel version a few days after it opens. It can't be far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back