Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to do the same with not picking heeney or warner.

it isnt working out too well. but im getting used to it.

i think that ceiling redman showed last season is way too high to ignore. especially when he smashed it multiple times.
It's all about who you have to "not select" to then be able to select Redman. Some good choices in the D plus money spent elsewhere, etc

Decisions desisions....

It's all about who you have to "not select" to then be able to select Redman. Some good choices in the D plus money spent elsewhere, etc

Decisions desisions....
thats a bit of a mindset ive had. it also leads to questions about getting ahead of the rest and picking pods. and the swing of not picking popular players.

need to come up with a list of "oh wow you dont have ____"

starting with hopper.

thats a bit of a mindset ive had. it also leads to questions about getting ahead of the rest and picking pods. and the swing of not picking popular players.

need to come up with a list of "oh wow you dont have ____"

starting with hopper.
This is kind of where I'm at in that discussion, at the moment

1674656835915.png

love it.

although.. instant standouts for me are docherty. macrae. green/titch. throw in tarryn too..
If Gil's love child coach remains at the helm then TT will be a big chance to sidestep his indiscretions (from AFL perspective) and if played at HB should be in every starting team

If Gil's love child coach remains at the helm then TT will be a big chance to sidestep his indiscretions (from AFL perspective) and if played at HB should be in every starting team
almost two thirds of my starting lineup is dogs eagles north and tigers..

theres so many dogs i dont wanna leave out. bont macrae english. mclean. jones!? baz god forbid.

eagles are still having price corrections from covid imho. every team has its 500-600k premos and the eagles will have some by years end.

north. where do i start. cunners mid. tarryn hb. goater phillips sheezel potential starters.

tigers. hopper for one. taranto two. im liking dusty in my team actually. yeah he might go bust. but im expecting some 120+ scores in the mean time.

Reckon I jump on one of Tarryn or Bowes, and it will take all preseason to work out which. TT & Dawson v Bowes & Bont/Steele?

I think many will end up with too many other viable Roos to pick TT - Cunners, Phillips, Goater, Drury, LDU, even Sheezel, all getting plenty of love.

If he’s playing HB R1 i’d probably have him over all but Cunners, but it depends on what other rooks pop up (our hands may be forced re picking North youth)

Last edited:
Bit up in the air at the moment seeing he fronts Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on March 28. That's after two rounds have been played. What comes of that time will tell. If it's a negative for TT, the AFL will come under lots of pressure to do something. Could end up having to be a round three correction trade.

This is where my team is currently sitting. Will change a lot over the next couple of weeks I’m sure. Would love feedback.

11AB5AE4-8DEC-4480-BCB1-5F3D5D1E6639.png 14DEEE38-A0EC-427F-ADEA-35CDA1DC0CBC.png

This is where my team is currently sitting. Will change a lot over the next couple of weeks I’m sure. Would love feedback.

View attachment 1593871View attachment 1593872
I think Lloyd’s gull days are done, would switch him to someone like Daicos or Himmelberg (or find more cash for a premo def - probably the best option).

One too many not-quite-premo picks in the midfield for me, would prefer one more genuine captain option

I think Lloyd’s gull days are done, would switch him to someone like Daicos or Himmelberg (or find more cash for a premo def - probably the best option).

One too many not-quite-premo picks in the midfield for me, would prefer one more genuine captain option
Thanks for the feedback.

Something like the below?
Lloyd > doch
LDU > Parish
Worpel > any rook below 180k

I think many will end up with too many other viable Roos to pick TT - Cunners, Phillips, Goater, Drury, LDU, even Sheezel, all getting plenty of love.

If he’s playing HB R1 i’d probably have him over all but Cunners, but it depends on what other rooks pop up (our hands may be forced re picking North youth)

Bit up in the air at the moment seeing he fronts Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on March 28. That's after two rounds have been played. What comes of that time will tell. If it's a negative for TT, the AFL will come under lots of pressure to do something. Could end up having to be a round three correction trade.
This, plus Bont over Dawson has swayed me back the other way, but atm I have more faith in TT than Bowes. Is that weird? Really need to see some concrete evidence for Bowes longevity in the Cats team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did some tinkering after A Bit Dusty assured me Scotty LyJett is a goer this year. Geelong board seems to think Bowes will play so going him over Yeo.

76k ITB so can swap Titch to Green and Lycett to DC as other options.

Don't mind it actually. Not spending $1.4mil on the rucks sure opens up the options

1674701346498.png

Did some tinkering after A Bit Dusty assured me Scotty LyJett is a goer this year. Geelong board seems to think Bowes will play so going him over Yeo.

Don't mind it actually. Not spending $1.4mil on the rucks sure opens up the options

View attachment 1594020

Love the young guns in there you have more faith than me that they will all be breakout players.(Except Gould)

Love the Mills pick that we aren’t seeing a lot of. Plays a very SC friendly game. Definite upgrade target for me.
It's the way that bloody Longmire uses him as a goal-keeper/field-marshal when the Swannies are under the gun that worries me.

I think he is close to the best player in the comp. and if he just plays as a mid he'll win the Brownlow and go about 140 a week.

Another year older, but with Rowbottom and Warner improving so quickly, Parker, Gulden, Heeney and Papley rotating thru and Clarke often running with a mid as tag, I don't see Longmire changing his approach.

He is constantly in/out when I am fiddling, but hasn't made it to a finished product as yet.

Did some tinkering after @A Bit Dusty assured me Scotty LyJett is a goer this year.
It's not just a recent crush on him by A Bit Dusty.

His post from November 1

Searching Lycett on 4 January when I liked that post, this was the only SC one I found where he was mentioned. Just a pity he's not 377k.

If he gets thru the pre-season and is named for round one I'm tempted to take the punt also. At least if starting with him we've plenty of trades to do a correction if it blows up.

Love the young guns in there you have more faith than me that they will all be breakout players.(Except Gould)
Can take Titch down to Hopper and turn Little Nicky and Young into Doc and Sic-dawg.

Probably won't start 6 mid premo's anyway, it's usually where the best rookies are, so need to leave space for that sweet sweet cash gen.

Will no doubt not get all the break outs right, it's more a case of picking expendable players. Then I can trade the worst one down if I miss a mid-pricer (likely). I'll be happier trading out a Titch or Noah or LDU than a SP like Laird or Touk. Or maybe I get most of them right and I'm flying.

Getting the starting team right seems even more important with the new rules. The DPP changes mean everyone trades in the same players after rounds 6 and 12. This makes it very difficult to catch up and you can't differentiate your team.

That's the plan anyway. I got absolutely bent over with rookie roulette last year too, a little luck there will be very welcome.

It's not just a recent crush on him by A Bit Dusty.

His post from November 1

Searching Lycett on 4 January when I liked that post, this was the only SC one I found where he was mentioned. Just a pity he's not 377k.

If he gets thru the pre-season and is named for round one I'm tempted to take the punt also. At least if starting with him we've plenty of trades to do a correction if it blows up.

He should be well under $400k CD are cheating kents again he only played 4 games for the year yet only got a 10% price reduction

It's the way that bloody Longmire uses him as a goal-keeper/field-marshal when the Swannies are under the gun that worries me.

I think he is close to the best player in the comp. and if he just plays as a mid he'll win the Brownlow and go about 140 a week.

Another year older, but with Rowbottom and Warner improving so quickly, Parker, Gulden, Heeney and Papley rotating thru and Clarke often running with a mid as tag, I don't see Longmire changing his approach.

He is constantly in/out when I am fiddling, but hasn't made it to a finished product as yet.
Well don’t fiddle with it too much, coz ya know how that ends 😁

View attachment 1594020
There's some heft in D & M, but TT @ F3 looks fraught with peril. I know of your obsession with DPP movements, so understand the thinking, but what happens if the DPP thing doesn't bear early fruit?
Bont will be full-time mid this year, no DPP soup for him, Libba, Smith from the dogs ditto; Who knows what Gawn will be doing, could be DPP, could be just ruck, could even be half-way cooked with body fatigue. There'll be some who pop up, no doubt, but will the quality be available?

Last edited:
There's some heft in D & M, but TT @ F3 looks fraught with peril. I know of your obsession with DPP movements, so understand the thinking, but what happens if the DPP think doesn't bear early fruit?
Bont will be full-time mid this year, no DPP soup for him, Libba, Smith from the dogs ditto; Who knows what Gawn will be doing, could be DPP, could be just ruck, could even be half-way cooked with body fatigue. There'll be some who pop up, no doubt, but will the quality be available?
If it doesn't bear early fruit I just trade in Cogs or Taranto the butcher or whoever is the best option.

There really only needs to 2 new DPP players for it to work. Last year there was Parker, Bont, Libba, all top 6. I think it's very likely there will be some more. One of Gawn or Grundy will get it. They might not be worth trading in, but imo will be at least as good as DC for a R/F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back