Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think v1.19.5 was the bees knees, and something you should fine tune over the preseason, with the effort you've put in you may be in danger of going too far, but that's probably not going to reign you in.
v1.20.5

Screenshot_20230129_023930_Chrome.jpg

i see what you mean kenney. i like this structure quite a bit actually. 123k rookies in d6 f6 m8. we usually get some good ones ('22 nic/hayes). loaded up down back. mids only 4 premos deep but leaves a good balance.

I'm trying to pick the eyes out of the stable (same coach/good environment) teams I think will improve eg Blues/Suns/Freo/Dogs
not sure where Pies/Melb/Swans/Bris fit, and while GWS/North/Ess should improve there are a lot of unknowns.
Tiges/Cats supercoach friendly ?, maybe not
WC * knows
I may have missed a couple of teams
pies i see improving. its a young list thats up and about. found the right piece to their jigsaw puzzle with their current coach.

swans i think have tasted blood now and will start going hammer and tongs to stay up there. also another young list with a strong horse leading them.

brisbane im not sure on and melbourne i see starting a bit slow for some reason but unsure there too.

i like your thinking but. freo blues dogs score well sc wise.

I liked your reasoned points that were attached as well.
true. i do enjoy watching oli play more than i would laird.

oliver back in for laird with v1.20.6
which is essentially the same as 1.19.5 but ive kept r3 different for the sake of a different team 😂

I'll have to read it again:rolleyes:
nah nah wait.

v1.20.7

Screenshot_20230129_025834_Chrome.jpg

changed marshall and young for brayshaw and cameron..

i cursed marshalls name every week last season. i was also unhappy with missing out on cameron.

young is speculative breakout essentially. brayshaw has broken out and now playing a favourable position.

pies i see improving. its a young list thats up and about. found the right piece to their jigsaw puzzle with their current coach.

swans i think have tasted blood now and will start going hammer and tongs to stay up there. also another young list with a strong horse leading them.

brisbane im not sure on and melbourne i see starting a bit slow for some reason but unsure there too.

i like your thinking but. freo blues dogs score well sc wise.
#flagpies

nah nah wait.

v1.20.7

View attachment 1595698

changed marshall and young for brayshaw and cameron..

i cursed marshalls name every week last season. i was also unhappy with missing out on cameron.

young is speculative breakout essentially. brayshaw has broken out and now playing a favourable position.
kenneyswarriors Dazjack

you two campaigners making me laugh waking up half the holiday park here in echuca. enjoying my blueberry kush on my balcony overlooking the murray. thanks for the laughs

kenneyswarriors Dazjack

you two campaigners making me laugh waking up half the holiday park here in echuca. enjoying my blueberry kush on my balcony overlooking the murray. thanks for the laughs
I reckon if I mix the 2 strains I have together, I can get maybe a similar outcome. I'll give it a fly and come back to you.

problem is ashcroft is apparently putting on bog performances

based off some nuffie, who apparently watched training, and posted a comment on the inter-webby - from an intra where key players didn't participate

was probably his dad :p

you need to clean your filters :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am weighing up going 5 premo (counting Hopper) instead of 6 to have him, Phillips & Ashcroft playing 6-8.
Yep this is where I’m at too.

For a few days I toyed with having Sheed, Phillips and Ashcroft as m6-8. But it meant I had to skimp on quality rookies elsewhere and didn’t have anything ITB.

Mackenzie can score less than 2/3s of Sheed’s average to generate 150k.

Not many teams with Mackenzie (HAW) in this thread. What’s our early verdict on him?

Ball magnet, opportunities at Hawk mids (no Titch/Jaeger) and he was a standout in match simulation.

I am weighing up going 5 premo (counting Hopper) instead of 6 to have him, Phillips & Ashcroft playing 6-8.

Thinking about it but going off the hawks board, few have him in their best 22 for round one. Some not even as an emergency.

Not many teams with Mackenzie (HAW) in this thread. What’s our early verdict on him?

Ball magnet, opportunities at Hawk mids (no Titch/Jaeger) and he was a standout in match simulation.

Apparently rumours him playing forward early with Worpol Ward Newcomb Amon being considered as the starting 4

first draft don't think I will take it serious this year though and bank on some breakouts, would like to fit mckenna and a different ruck from lyjet lol
jurassic park deal with it GIF

1674955953002.png

Hawthorn are 100% tanking if they play Worpel and Amon as top 4 mid's.
Amon will be on a wing they have already said that.
Yes, that was my point.
Folks seem to have forgotten the Worpinator's 2019 output, the last time he actually occupied the main driver's seat in the mids, too.

He is priced at 57 and will easily play 30-40 points above that. I can't have him without turning a primo and and a rookie into 2 x MPM, if the lead-ups show what I think they might do, then I'll be looking at that switch-up long and hard.

1674962495478.png

Folks seem to have forgotten the Worpinator's 2019 output, the last time he actually occupied the main driver's seat in the mids, too.

He is priced at 57 and will easily play 30-40 points above that. I can't have him without turning a primo and and a rookie into 2 x MPM, if the lead-ups show what I think they might do, then I'll be looking at that switch-up long and hard.

View attachment 1595920
I had Worpel that whole season. He was talked up all preseason as being the big breakout, but was pretty underwhelming most of the year. He finished really well, and lots jumped on, but in reality he was only an OK pick for that price.

IMO there isn't the upside to take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back