Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy with this structure. Yeo, Rozee, Coffield, Mackenzie, Windhager, Bruce are the players on the edge of my team and thus are most likely to change. Hopefully Marshall is alright to go by round 1. Not sure what my backup option would be!

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 3.02.38 am.png

Thoughts please…

Two players that I’m struggling with:

Titch - value or won’t avg much more than 105? Last year he did not have a primary Mid role. This year he was traded in to be the extractor - but, will he get the 35+ possession he needs to score well

English - is he worth his starting price?
Normally starts well, but can miss a few weeks easily

Thoughts please…

Titch - value or won’t avg much more than 105? Last year he did not have a primary Mid role. This year he was traded in to be the extractor - but, will he get the 35+ possession he needs to score well

You've answered your own question about Titch.

I'll probably start English if he doesn't have anymore setbacks. And accept he will need to be traded at some stage. Hopefully he scores well while he is there.

Thoughts please…

Yeah Titch is who I’m struggling with too no Collingwood player went over 100 last season does Fly’s gameplay change much this year that someone like Titch goes 110

Thoughts please…

Titch CBA’a were super low last year due to Mitchell pushing him out. I’m on board this year think he will be their #1 mid and that’s where he does his best work. Expecting 115-125.

Guessing you have you had him before.
I have no ownership scars, paying donut money, and hearing he could get more mid minutes in an ordinary midfield. At worst a halfback role.

Is he really that injury prone ?

edit: Maybe i;m just searching for the 2023 "George" down back. There has to be one.

Titch CBA’a were super low last year due to Mitchell pushing him out. I’m on board this year think he will be their #1 mid and that’s where he does his best work. Expecting 115-125.
Mitchell averaged 96.0 in 2022 for 40-60% CBA. ⬇️

78B8713E-81F1-4C30-85EA-B7B68C23AE01.jpeg

Mitchell averaged 117.2 in 2021 for 65-80% CBA. ⬇️

6EE3A8D4-4443-46AC-B339-08A38B1B8264.jpeg

Collingwood don't have many high scoring mids due to no dedicated full time mid. They chop and change. ⬇️

D3B7B15E-2615-4431-BFD7-C3C87FD9AC69.jpeg

If Mitchell gets 70-80% CBA at Pies. I’m predicting a 115 avg. 80-90% a 120 avg.

Attachments

• 387FEF36-1588-4561-8A17-E5816F6EA88C.jpeg
    387FEF36-1588-4561-8A17-E5816F6EA88C.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 16
I have no ownership scars, paying donut money, and hearing he could get more mid minutes in an ordinary midfield. At worst a halfback role.

edit: Maybe i;m just searching for the 2023 "George" down back. There has to be one.
Why not? Think he is worth the risk assuming good run in pre season games. Wait and see for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes ....I can sadly say, I was sucked in by Nick Reiwoldt's proclamation of Hunter Clark, as the SAINTS next Superstar

Sad Steve Martin.gif

Thats what i was thinking. Its early and he's well priced. Need to have a look, but he's not a popular boy around these parts coz i think plenty got burnt by him once before.
Love it mate. Go with your gut. Half the fun for me is finding a hidden gem that not many others have. Think Coffield at $208k is a decent opportunity myself.

Yes ....I can sadly say, I was sucked in by Nick Reiwoldt's proclamation of Hunter Clark, as the SAINTS next Superstar

View attachment 1600342
He probably just went a bit early on the prediction :straining: Maybe he meant 2023 :p:p

Cmon, you know better than to listen to anyone from any club talking up their own.
Whoever Clarko starts talking up at Norf i'm immediately crossing them off the list.

He probably just went a bit early on the prediction :straining: Maybe he meant 2023 :p:p

Cmon, you know better than to listen to anyone from any club talking up their own.
Whoever Clarko starts talking up at Norf i'm immediately crossing them off the list.
You mean ....premature expectation ....nasty condition that 🤣

Love it mate. Go with your gut. Half the fun for me is finding a hidden gem that not many others have. Think Coffield at $208k is a decent opportunity myself.
Coffield is a damn good footballer. Bit of a shame. Scoring is iffy though even when fully fit.
Its tuff to buy 300K guys, but 210ish is even tuffer when there are 160-190K rooks and players that can easily outscore coffield. Goater Gibney McKenna etc.
The other injury shame they have is Bytel...that kid can play and deserves a break.

Coffield is a damn good footballer. Bit of a shame. Scoring is iffy though even when fully fit.
Its tuff to buy 300K guys, but 210ish is even tuffer when there are 160-190K rooks and players that can easily outscore coffield. Goater Gibney McKenna etc.
The other injury shame they have is Bytel...that kid can play and deserves a break.
Averaged 80 a few years ago, then flat year last year… however apparently is training really well, great preseason and stronger than ever. If stays fit could go 80+, other rookies will struggle to go anywhere near that even Ginbey/McKenna I think.

I already have Ginbey & McKenna also anyway… so think he is worth a go (maybe) at the price - pending role and preseason games.

Goater also no one actually knows if any good yet, played 1 game and is only in his second year at a similiar price, I disagree with your comment there until proven. He could be and I hope so, wait and watch again in PS games for me.

Last edited:

Our playstyle under Fly is that fast style, play-on whenever you can, knock the ball forward, and kick it long type game which propelled us up the ladder and made our games exciting to watch.
Some will tell you this won't suit Mitchell, and won't be a top mid in SC this year.

But what many don't know is the Pies also had the 4th most stoppages of any team after our bye last season.
This was during the peak of our winning run.
Collingwood would know this, and have recruited Mitchell to be the guy to win as many of those as he can.

Mitchell is also currently demolishing several housing estates at training and will just not stop running. He will cover a ton of ground in the season proper.
Getting to most of those stoppages will mean more contested ball and more tackles.

Giddy the F up.

intergalactic-al-bundy-intergalactic-quality.gif

Averaged 80 a few years ago, then flat year last year… however apparently is training really well, great preseason and stronger than ever. If stays fit could go 80+, other rookies will struggle to go anywhere near that even Ginbey/McKenna I think.

I already have Ginbey & McKenna also anyway… so think he is worth a go (maybe) at the price - pending role and preseason games.

Goater also no one actually knows if any good yet, played 1 game and is only in his second year at a similiar price, I disagree with your comment there until proven. He could be and I hope so, wait and watch again in PS games for me.
Ok nice. I'm loading up. You've convinced me.
Coffield is the 2023 George.
Lets keep it under our hat. I promise not to tell anyone.

fb2667139d51f43f7c8244421e1d3240.gif

Our playstyle under Fly is that fast style, play-on whenever you can, knock the ball forward, and kick it long type game which propelled us up the ladder and made our games exciting to watch.
Some will tell you this won't suit Mitchell, and won't be a top mid in SC this year.

But what many don't know is the Pies also had the 4th most stoppages of any team after our bye last season.
This was during the peak of our winning run.
Collingwood would know this, and have recruited Mitchell to be the guy to win as many of those as he can.

Mitchell is also currently demolishing several housing estates at training and will just not stop running. He will cover a ton of ground in the season proper.
Getting to most of those stoppages will mean more contested ball and more tackles.

Giddy the F up.

intergalactic-al-bundy-intergalactic-quality.gif
Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back