Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the Dogs and Dockers both won I feel that tomorrow could really set the rest of our season up if we're to win. Get ahead of Geelong and Adelaide again.

Massive carrot. Go get it boys.

Hill is not a HB, and no team plays 6-7 HBs in their 22. As I stated before I would have kept him as depth but depth players rarely play 200-games at AFL level for their team.
Obviously not. That’s not the point though is it?
Saints too, have a wealth of half backs (yes Hill is a half back, you obviously have forgotten our loss to them last year), “ahead” of Stocker.
We’ve delisted a promising player, that we used substantial draft capital on, and then drafted a very similar payer who’s 4 years older. We also traded back into the last draft to pick up a hbf. While Cowan looks good, does he look anymore promising than stocker did? I don’t think so.

Haven't seen a lot of footy this weekend but just checked the ladder and was pretty surprised to see that a win tomorrow gets us back into the 8.

Another 8 point game and and course it's against an in form Pies team. It's hard to see it happening but I still think our best footy can get the job done.

Now that the Dogs and Dockers both won I feel that tomorrow could really set the rest of our season up if we're to win. Get ahead of Geelong and Adelaide again.

Massive carrot. Go get it boys.

Also the way the Dogs dismantled Adelaide after the Crows put the Saints to the sword last week suggests our form may not be too far off the pace after all. Plus the Lions have been solid the last two matches after beating us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Also the way the Dogs dismantled Adelaide after the Crows put the Saints to the sword last week suggests our form may not be too far off the pace after all. Plus the Lions have been solid the last two matches after beating us.

Yeah, those good ol' honourable losses... not too bad...

Reality is, this team needs a turning point. It needs a big win...

Saints too, have a wealth of half backs (yes Hill is a half back, you obviously have forgotten our loss to them last year), “ahead” of Stocker.
We’ve delisted a promising player, that we used substantial draft capital on, and then drafted a very similar payer who’s 4 years older. We also traded back into the last draft to pick up a hbf. While Cowan looks good, does he look anymore promising than stocker did? I don’t think so.
Hill has largely been a winger across his whole career and just checking his heat maps in his last few games they resemble that of a winger. And with Cowan/Stocker - Cowan has been on our list for 6 months, Stocker was there for 4 years so not sure how we can compare who looks more promising but we can't say Stocker wasn't given a chance. All my posts were saying was that he should have been kept as depth but I didn't see him as a 200-gamer for us - not sure what part you are disagreeing with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning contested ball is meaningless with the stoppage structures we've been using. Hack kicks are a 'contest win' but they do jack s**t really.

Need to harness the contest wins into an actual real way of moving the ball forward and keeping possession.

Yep, previous mode of handballing forward & bursting out the front needs to return.

Kicking to am open forward line & leading forwards doesn’t go astray either.

Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

Ed Curnow over Cincotta?
Hewett sub?
No room for De Konig?
Strange logic

I was thinking the same, realistically we probably should have done better but the Dogs have won 5 in a row and the Lions 7. I was listening to the radio during the week and they were discussing us, saying that the Dogs are looking very good and if it wasn't for our errant goal kicking, we could have beaten them. The Lions, and how good they're playing was also mentioned in the same conversation.

I know our ball use has been horrendous but i feel the majority of the things we're doing wrong can be fixed.

Cowan is a long way ahead of stocker at the same age.

Basically Cowan is taller, a better runner, and possibly a better kick. Better penetration at least. Also has the physicality that many liked in stocker.

At this early stage the selection of Cowan looks very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

While Cowan looks good, does he look anymore promising than stocker did? I don’t think so.
Stocker is 23, played 30 games and is five years older than Cowan who’s played 6 games in his debut year and only turned 18 last Dec.

Should come back in 5 years and do a comparison over a larger sample of games. I think Cowan will turn out to be the best of our 2022 draft picks imo, and a better defender than Stocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back