Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

I diasgree, booing is fine IMO but expletive laden rants are too much. Throwing objects and or threatening behaviour is clearly unacceptable and what I saw made me uncomfortable and sad.
Can you not see how booing to throwing things is not that far apart. How is booing not threatening also. Of course it is, but hey its ok cos my team is playing bad. Did you ever see english soccer when they put fences all around the grounds because booing went to throwing and violence.
The passionate mob mentality is all always sad.

If he’s injured or sore from being banged up then he should have a spell. Plenty of mids to cover him. can’t chase/tackle he is struggling anyway.
If he’s in that Superman mindset then he needs to be protected from himself. Club should hook up a coffee with the leadership group to have with Selwood, Hodge and Maxwell… get some perspectives on leadership and adapting your roles.

Can you not see how booing to throwing things is not that far apart. How is booing not threatening also. Of course it is, but hey its ok cos my team is playing bad. Did you ever see english soccer when they put fences all around the grounds because booing went to throwing and violence.
The passionate mob mentality is all always sad.
I agree the vision was unacceptable with supporters hurling expletive laden abuse (a few Essendon s**t stirrers in there as well) but its a LOONG away from barriers and fencing in supporters. Just saying

Cunningham 8 years now and 1 good game v Essendon in covid impacted 2020.

Injuries aside, Cunningham never could establish himself as consistent best18.

I think many are attracted to his type. As his attributes are unique, but Cunningham I would have little confidence in stringing games together at AFL level, let alone be effective in them

Just no evidence of it

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
I'ma set MrPlow on you.

(Did I tag the right one)

Booing of our players is NEVER warranted mate.

If people can't take seeing their team lose when they go to a game, I suggest maybe they shouldn't go in the first place!!!

I DETEST fairweather supporters.
I wish supporting Carlton had some fairweather. I'm turning 30 soon (yucky) and I would like some nice 'weather'. What even is that?

I wish supporting Carlton had some fairweather. I'm turning 30 soon (yucky) and I would like some nice 'weather'. What even is that?
What it actually means is supporting your club AND your players through the rough times.

What is doesn't mean is booing and hurling abuse when the chips are down, and then feel 'entitled' to ride the wave when it finally turns. But, yeah, I'm sure the heckling and abuse by 'supporters' will motivate the players to rise. And while we're at it, let's all not turn up to games - that'll learn 'em.

What it actually means is supporting your club AND your players through the rough times.

What is doesn't mean is booing and hurling abuse when the chips are down, and then feel 'entitled' to ride the wave when it finally turns. But, yeah, I'm sure the heckling and abuse by 'supporters' will motivate the players to rise. And while we're at it, let's all not turn up to games - that'll learn 'em.
That was my cheeky point - I'm a supporter and what have I known except this....

Have had joking discussions with mates over the years about how you don't change club or what it'd take to 'jump ship' - always with a humour / banter aspect to it. Currently I receive messages asking what I'm gonna do - even oppo fans 30ish and under look at Carlton fans of this age group like - surely it'll be soon before they stop supporting / watching / jump ship.

Im not going anywhere, yet, but Fairweather is not something you can call any Carlton supporter still turning up. What fair weather are they turning up for? Grey skies and gloom for 10 years with a blip and a further 10+ years of gloom before that.

I agree vitriol expressed loudly to players is sad and shouldn't happen but if people boo - meh who cares. Expressing yourself is part of being human.

I find it quite patronising when supporters who've had the luxury of knowing a strong and successful Carlton dictate how fans my age 'should' behave to be classified as 'good' fans. And as a note I don't boo at all but I also stopped paying for trips to Melbourne. Spending over a grand on the round trip to go and watch a team lack effort - 17 tackles in 3qtrs - is unjustifiable. So I'm not mad at anyone who did spend that kind of money and is now pissed off.

That was my cheeky point - I'm a supporter and what have I known except this....

Have had joking discussions with mates over the years about how you don't change club or what it'd take to 'jump ship' - always with a humour / banter aspect to it. Currently I receive messages asking what I'm gonna do - even oppo fans 30ish and under look at Carlton fans of this age group like - surely it'll be soon before they stop supporting / watching / jump ship.

Im not going anywhere, yet, but Fairweather is not something you can call any Carlton supporter still turning up. What fair weather are they turning up for? Grey skies and gloom for 10 years with a blip and a further 10+ years of gloom before that.

I agree vitriol expressed loudly to players is sad and shouldn't happen but if people boo - meh who cares. Expressing yourself is part of being human.

I find it quite patronising when supporters who've had the luxury of knowing a strong and successful Carlton dictate how fans my age 'should' behave to be classified as 'good' fans. And as a note I don't boo at all but I also stopped paying for trips to Melbourne. Spending over a grand on the round trip to go and watch a team lack effort - 17 tackles in 3qtrs - is unjustifiable. So I'm not mad at anyone who did spend that kind of money and is now pissed off.
A cats supporting friend of mine used to always go to carlton games with me and a few other carlton guys back in the late 70's and 80's, We always asked when he would change and be a blue. We won flags in those days and most of that time geelong wasn't real good but he was loyal to his team and got the rewards eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but haven’t we become a bit too defensive as well? For example 1st Q against * we took a few shots from around 60 m out with no one inside f50. Why do we have so many forwards playing that far back?

Because our midfield lately (bar Cerra) have been getting smashed in the guts, especially from a defensive perspective, and we are a bit short handed with KPD stocks.

Not saying I approve of that coaching tactic, but I understand/condone it.

Our midfield are the biggest/main culprits of our form slump right now.

Weitering and Young have been thrown under the bus somewhat for much of the season due to the flaws and lack of defensive grunt from our midfield and wings.

A cats supporting friend of mine used to always go to carlton games with me and a few other carlton guys back in the late 70's and 80's, We always asked when he would change and be a blue. We won flags in those days and most of that time geelong wasn't real good but he was loyal to his team and got the rewards eventually.

Becoming good just doesn’t happen “eventually” - you actually have to plan for it correctly- and we just haven’t done it - good won’t just happen eventually

Geez I missed all the ‘fun’ again. For a crowd of 83,000 I found the whole night pretty sedate. Not one * supporter annoyed me. Very unusual when they’re winning. Nothing I like better than locking horns with a * supporter. As for Carlton ‘supporters’? I try to avoid them at all costs. My upgrade for the 2021 season was the opportunity to sit with other Carlton supporters. I’d rather be water boarded.

Geez I missed all the ‘fun’ again. For a crowd of 83,000 I found the whole night pretty sedate. Not one * supporter annoyed me. Very unusual when they’re winning. Nothing I like better than locking horns with a * supporter. As for Carlton ‘supporters’? I try to avoid them at all costs. My upgrade for the 2021 season was the opportunity to sit with other Carlton supporters. I’d rather be water boarded.

Crowd was very very flat….I’ve been to louder 60K games….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not about trading Cripps. What we need to do is make him earn his spot this year, if fit. If not fit, he needs to rest and get fit.
When he returns, he needs to shows us if he is worth keeping the captaincy. IMO, he needs to move aside next year but we need Voss and players to make this call. They will know, but if a hard call needs to be made, it must be made!
Cripps is way too inconsistent season to season to be Captain and it’s a bloody distraction. Someone else next year please.

Didn’t mean to say you were inferring - but I reckon there has been times our Board has just expected success over the past 20 years.
28 years if you ask me. we coasted on that 95 flag and never once did the Carlton ruthless things to stay relevant as we had in the 30 years previous.
Pagan was the attempt to fix that but too late by then.

Didn’t mean to say you were inferring - but I reckon there has been times our Board has just expected success over the past 20 years.
I remember hearing He who once had a stand named after him at PP talk about the speach he used to newbies when they arrived at PP for day 1 of PS training. He told them in not uncertain terms that at Carlton, "we don't hope to win Premierships, it's expected". That was the culture and mantra that was ingrained in them back then. I think it's a good/healthy thing to expect success, I just dont think you have to adopt a scorched earth policy everytime you dont get there.

I blame your father.....same as I blame me.

My son is also approachiing 30. I brainwashed him into this lifelong misery. He, like you, was in swadlling clothes the last time our club was actually powerful and relevent.

I can honestly say none of us saw almost 30 years of shitness in the future. We were the Mighty CFC, slayer of all, Champion club among clubs.

....then it all turned to merde.

I apologise to both of you.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back