Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I'm concerned English doesn't deserve it after tonight. Absolutely smashed by Lycett.

Genuinely think he had the flu or something last night, looked awful for a bloke who has been very consistent all season. Lycett played his role rather well but was kinda bizarre the lack of hitouts English was getting, particularly early on.

Genuinely think he had the flu or something last night, looked awful for a bloke who has been very consistent all season. Lycett played his role rather well but was kinda bizarre the lack of hitouts English was getting, particularly early on.
Yeah he looked really weak for pretty much the entire game, especially in ruck contests. Crazy considering last week he had one of the best performances of any player all year. Pretty confident it was illness based and he should be back to normal. Anyone writing him off after he's been the clear best ruck all year is an idiot.

Nope hasn’t been that great this year, been good just hasn’t had the impact of others.

Taranto on the other hand is a lock, top 3 or 4 mid performance wise this year.
Wouldn't go top 4 but would if ranking last 6 weeks. And he is a lock, agreed. I'd have him first rotation for inside mids.

The fact that Sicily has never been AA is a blight on the award and proof that the selectors have agenda. He’s been the best defender in the comp for bordering on 3 years. Unbelievable player

He is literally a 6 to 8 goal difference when he plays.

If a forward had that impact he would be a lock for Team Captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current 40 man squad by team:

ADE: R. Laird - J. Dawson - T. Walker - I. Rankine

BRI: L. Neale - H. Andrews - C. Cameron

CAR: C. Curnow

COL: N. Daicos - J. Daicos - T. Mitchell - D. Moore - B. Mihocek

ESS: Z. Merrett - M. Redman

FRE: C. Serong - L. Ryan

GEL: J. Cameron - T. Hawkins - T. Stewart

GCS: N. Anderson - M. Rowell - J. Lukosius

GWS: T. Greene - T. Green

HAW: J. Sicily

MEL: C. Oliver - C. Petracca

NOR: -

POR: Z. Butters - C. Rozee - A. Allir D. Houston

RIC: T. Taranto - T. Nankervis

STK: J. Sinclair - C. Wilkie

SYD: -

WCE: -

WBD: T. Liberatore - M. Bontempelli - L. Jones - T. English

The fact that Sicily has never been AA is a blight on the award and proof that the selectors have agenda. He’s been the best defender in the comp for bordering on 3 years. Unbelievable player

He had a historic year in 2022 from a stats perspective and impact wise was unbelievable. Was one of the best individual seasons as a CHB.

Gets snubbed for Stewart who misses 5 games and Taylor (a good player but there is no ******* way Sicily wasn't his superior in 2022).

Gil ******* hates Sicily.

He had a historic year in 2022 from a stats perspective and impact wise was unbelievable. Was one of the best individual seasons as a CHB.

Gets snubbed for Stewart who misses 5 games and Taylor (a good player but there is no ******* way Sicily wasn't his superior in 2022).

Gil ******* hates Sicily.
Sicily wasn't competing with Taylor. He was competing with Stewart and Maynard

Agree with most of these. I have Witts as my Ruck and would have Gawn in the 40. Would not have:

Nank
L Jones
T Mitchell
Walker

Wouldn't have Laird, Mitchell, Lukosius, Nankervis or Jones in there. Chad Warner, Todd Goldstein, Joe Daniher, Josh Dunkley and Charlie Ballard instead

Sicily wasn't competing with Taylor. He was competing with Stewart and Maynard

Was better than both. Highest ranked defender in the coaches votes said it all.

Maynard was excellent last year over the course of an entire season and was a lock.

Anyway hopefully he doesn't miss too many weeks with chooklotto coming up. If he plays 19-20 games Sicily should be a lock for AA this year.

Maynard was excellent last year over the course of an entire season and was a lock.

Anyway hopefully he doesn't miss too many weeks with chooklotto coming up. If he plays 19-20 games Sicily should be a lock for AA this year.
I don't disagree, but just pointing out that Taylor was irrelevant to Sicily not making it. He should have been ahead of Maynard.

Say it louder for those at the back

Lol he was not better then stewart last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back