Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s already been two rounds in and we haven’t started whinging about which of our favourite players should be in the rolling All Australian Team.

I’ll start us off.

FB: L.Ryan - Weitering - D.Rioli
HB: N.Daicos - J.Lever - Sinclair

C: J.Daicos - Green - Kelly
OB: Witts - LDU - Mills

HF: De Goey - J.Cameron - Greene
FF: Pickett - Larkey - C.Curnow

Interchange: Parish, Langford, Taranto & Sheezel

Don’t mind it, would have Oliver & Cripps ahead of Tom Green And prob need a spot for Guidon.

Don’t mind it, would have Oliver & Cripps ahead of Tom Green And prob need a spot for Guidon.
Neither of Oliver or Cripps would be in the 22 at this stage

Last edited:

BEN BROWN- 8 goals in a terrible side.
Has to be FF.

FB: L. Ryan Weitering Sinclair
HB: Daicos Lever Sheezel
C: Sidebottom LDU M. Wood
HF: Gulden J. Cameron Rozee
FF: Larkey C. Curnow T. Greene
R: English T. Green Mills
INT: Saad J. McGovern Pendles Parish

Stiff: Witts, Dunkley, Petracca/Oliver, Cripps, D. Cameron, Redman, B. Cox, De Goey and Horne-Francis

Stiff: Witts, Dunkley, Petracca/Oliver, Cripps, D. Cameron, Redman, B. Cox, De Goey and Horne-Francis
English as ruckman? Not only has he not snared a single coaches' vote in the two games, his direct opponent has scored votes in both games.

I've not watched every game, but Darcy Cameron was very good against Port, while Witts was the sole shining light for the Suns when they played the Swans in round 1.

FB: L. Ryan B.Cox Redman
C: Sinclair LDU Mills
HF: Gulden J. Cameron M.Wood
FF: C. Curnow Larkey T. Greene
R: Cameron T. Green Parish
INT: D.Rioli Sidebottom Pendles Coniglio

How can you have Mills in there? He stunk it up in round 1, which is literally 50% of the games to this point. He averages a measly 23 touches a game. Against trash opposition.

Rozee has also been underwhelming. I'm not sure what you're basing your selections off. Nonetheless Oliver is a starting mid. Setting career highs in disposals and 2nd overall in tackles.

English as ruckman? Not only has he not snared a single coaches' vote in the two games, his direct opponent has scored votes in both games.

I've not watched every game, but Darcy Cameron was very good against Port, while Witts was the sole shining light for the Suns when they played the Swans in round 1.
A bit hard to get coaches votes when you lose by over 50 points mate. English still played a great game and that's why he was named as the dogs best player in the match report. Did you watch the game? English was also the dogs best player in round 1 also.

Neither of Oliver or Cripps would be in the 22 at this stage

Agreed on Oliver

On Ashcroft - is now the first player to have 30+ P 9+ C and one plus goal inside his first two games. Beat the previous record (Greene) by 9 games. Would have been even more impressive sans blackout.

Dare I say it, unprecedented ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Ashcroft - is now the first player to have 30+ P 9+ C and one plus goal inside his first two games. Beat the previous record (Greene) by 9 games. Would have been even more impressive sans blackout.

Dare I say it, unprecedented ;)
You guys have been spending too much time listening to Richmond supporters in this forum.

'9 plus clearances', WTF?!?

Controversial opinion, but at this stage I'd have Max Gawn in. Gotta take reputation into account I think, that's how the AFL does it anyway. Been plenty of examples (Joel Selwood, Dusty Martin comes to mind). And Gawn is an ex-AA captain remember.

Why is Lever anywhere near it?

Darcy Moore or that young bloke from Essendon Zerk-Thatcher have both been far more effective than sooky boy Lever.

Controversial opinion, but at this stage I'd have Max Gawn in. Gotta take reputation into account I think, that's how the AFL does it anyway. Been plenty of examples (Joel Selwood, Dusty Martin comes to mind). And Gawn is an ex-AA captain remember.
I see the reasoning behind this. Gawn's round 1 performance was better than any other ruck's first two games combined and a rolling AA takes it week by week. Won't be in consideration for next week's though.

Darcy Moore or that young bloke from Essendon Zerk-Thatcher have both been far more effective than sooky boy Lever.
Because Lever was arguably best on ground in round one (9 coaches votes) and received coaches votes again in round 2.

In fact, he's coming equal 6th in the coaches votes post round 2.

Moore hasn't received a single coaches vote from the first 2 rounds while Zerk-Thatcher has played very well and polled in both of his (still behind Lever).

Anyone who does football would have Lever in the side.

Because Lever was arguably best on ground in round one (9 coaches votes) and received coaches votes again in round 2.

In fact, he's coming equal 6th in the coaches votes post round 2.

Moore hasn't received a single coaches vote from the first 2 rounds while Zerk-Thatcher has played very well and polled in both of his (still behind Lever).

Anyone who does football would have Lever in the side.
Not going to put in an unaccountable 3rd tall playing for a team with 4 premiership points for the whole season to date.

Please be reasonable.

Pies are killing it and deserve to be rewarded with Moore.

Horse s**t.
RC (Lever) got coach votes both games because he’s been so good.
Right now he’s the AA captain.

Not going to put in an unaccountable 3rd tall playing for a team with 4 premiership points for the whole season to date.

Please be reasonable.

Pies are killing it and deserve to be rewarded with Moore.
You know All Australian isn’t a team award right?

You don’t reward individual players because a team had two easy games ffs

Btw, Lever leads the competition in intercept possessions to further stamp his credentials.

But take heart, a well-known Carlton moron agrees with your view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back