Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1635556
giphy.gif
Becomes one of Chandler/Phillipou/Pedlar next week. Can just be an M11 loop this week.

Becomes one of Chandler/Phillipou/Pedlar next week. Can just be an M11 loop this week.
At least we're getting these injury news early, so we can plan .....it's the injury notifications mid-round, after teams announced, that sucks

What are Blues fans' opinion on Cowan? In terms of JS mainly, surely won't be subbed off every week?

thinking of trading to McKenna, better to wait a week i know but with "only" 3 trades next week one might need to be done now...

Yeah for sure. Also the Carlton rooks and Greene/Long. Guess it will come down on squads this week
Tough crowd in here today! Noah Long scored 63, that is comfortably more than my Captain scored on the weekend 🤬🤬

Serious though, that is a more than respectable debut score, I wish I had started him

Last edited:
Tough crowd in here today! Noah Long scored 63, that is comfortably more than my Captain scored on the weekend 🤬🤬

Serious though, that is a more than respectable debut score, I wish I had started him

He was on par or better with about 6 players that I fielded on the weekend. 5 of them much more expensive to.

How do people see Oscar Baker’s chances of keeping his spot this week? Was missing for large chunks of the game (along with a few others) but was pretty ineffectual. Never good to play bad in a big loss.

How do people see Oscar Baker’s chances of keeping his spot this week? Was missing for large chunks of the game (along with a few others) but was pretty ineffectual. Never good to play bad in a big loss.
He's a good chance to be dropped I'd say. Hope he sticks around though, Dogs could bounce back and beat the Saints, hopefully he can fluke a good performance and stick around.

Worthwhile doing a boost for Chesser or Cowan > Chandler this week? Surely if Chandler can stay in the team with the four big ins (Viney, May, Salem, ans Fritsch all available) it bodes well for his JS?

The looming spectre of Kozzie Pickett remains...

Worthwhile doing a boost for Chesser or Cowan > Chandler this week? Surely if Chandler can stay in the team with the four big ins (Viney, May, Salem, ans Fritsch all available) it bodes well for his JS?

I know Neal-Bullen, Spargo and Sparrow are all premiership players who are good on their day, but I don't think they're automatic best 22. I think there's room for somebody hungry to come in, perform well and hold their spot. Chandler looked like a 100 game player the other day. If he keeps that up, there's no way he gets dropped.

Lachie Hunter didn't do much on his debut.

I think you gotta see one more week though. If he scores 30 in rd2, then his price won't rise much.

I know a lot of people think they have massive issues that need correcting immediately, but using a boost for something like this before they get selected for a 3rd game is fraught with danger IMO. If you need to use a boost to have 22 on field, totally understandable. Chesser could score 70 this week and Chandler might have a bad game, score 30 and get dropped. The time to do this is before round 3 when you are correcting any rookie must haves before prices start going up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of people think they have massive issues that need correcting immediately, but using a boost for something like this before they get selected for a 3rd game is fraught with danger IMO. If you need to use a boost to have 22 on field, totally understandable. Chesser could score 70 this week and Chandler might have a bad game, score 30 and get dropped. The time to do this is before round 3 when you are correcting any rookie must haves before prices start going up.
This makes me want to knee jerk and go Hopper > JHF :(

Debut in about round 5/6 would be perfect. Would expect him to stay in the team and play through the byes :thumbsu:
Reckon you're on the money with the timeframe.
Wouldn't be surprised if he spends much of his first year in a different role, maybe pressure forward.
His quads are prodigious, but his top half is still skinny.

1679437230437.png

Any interest?

He was in my side almost the whole pre-season until he had the setback before the first and only pre-season game.

Been out for over year but hasn't looked like he hasn't missed a beat.

Scored 78 last week, loves a tackle and can kick goals. With Kelly out for the next game and potentially the one after, Callaghan may be the one who sees more inside time but it wouldn't surprise me to see Kingsley throw Daniels in and we see him get some CBAs.

If he backs up with another 70+ score, he'll be the first traded in for me in Round 3.

View attachment 1636143

Any interest?

He was in my side almost the whole pre-season until he had the setback before the first and only pre-season game.

Been out for over year but hasn't looked like he hasn't missed a beat.

Scored 78 last week, loves a tackle and can kick goals. With Kelly out for the next game and potentially the one after, Callaghan may be the one who sees more inside time but it wouldn't surprise me to see Kingsley throw Daniels in and we see him get some CBAs.

If he backs up with another 70+ score, he'll be the first traded in for me in Round 3.

Funny enough I was keen then he was injured.

With he's inj history I didn't get him.

I like the Kent .. stormy Daniels.

But inj history and best avg in SC is about 66 .

He could break out tho.

Reckon you're on the money with the timeframe.
Wouldn't be surprised if he spends much of his first year in a different role, maybe pressure forward.
His quads are prodigious, but his top half is still skinny.

So eyes down there .👇

Instead of eyes up here ☝️.

:moustache:

Some big decisions to make next week.

Do you grab a mid-pricer or two, hoping that they are premos, or do you correct your rookies?

The issue with the latter is that these rookie corrections cost a lot.

For example, Chesser to Phillipou costs ~$43k, Caminiti to Pedlar costs ~$71k, etc.

On the flipside, if guys like JHF, Setters and Zieb go 100 or more again, how can you possibly keep them out?

But focusing on mid-pricers could ruin your cash gen on the bench.

Happy to skip this weekend of footy, just wake me up on Sunday night because I need to filter by breakeven and start trading like a madman!

Some big decisions to make next week.

Do you grab a mid-pricer or two, hoping that they are premos, or do you correct your rookies?

The issue with the latter is that these rookie corrections cost a lot.

For example, Chesser to Phillipou costs ~$43k, Caminiti to Pedlar costs ~$71k, etc.

On the flipside, if guys like JHF, Setters and Zieb go 100 or more again, how can you possibly keep them out?

But focusing on mid-pricers could ruin your cash gen on the bench.

Happy to skip this weekend of footy, just wake me up on Sunday night because I need to filter by breakeven and start trading like a madman!

Caminiti got good js for now with memory out for a month.
Basement price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back