Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Article on AFL site about Mullin talks talks him up big time. Talks about how after the bye is O'Connor's 100th game and Mullin will be playing. Obviously journos don't know s**t, but I'm taking it as a positive. Might very well be the warm body we need in round 15.

Geelong have to get on a run now to make the 8 so cant afford to get too funky with selection. We have about 5 players coming back in the next 2-3 weeks so he will get dropped.

If you held trades waiting to upgrade heavily over the byes, you'd be pretty filthy right now with the rookie situation. We complained about the rookies earlier in the year, but they ended up being pretty good. Now there's a true rookie crisis.

1686087962109.png

Lots of DNPs...

McAndrew will be dropped this week for Amartey
Mullin will likely be dropped after the bye (sub risk)
Macdonald will probably be dropped for Sicily/Seamus return

If you held trades waiting to upgrade heavily over the byes, you'd be pretty filthy right now with the rookie situation. We complained about the rookies earlier in the year, but they ended up being pretty good. Now there's a true rookie crisis.

View attachment 1706505

Lots of DNPs...

McAndrew will be dropped this week for Amartey
Mullin will likely be dropped after the bye (sub risk)
Macdonald will probably be dropped for Sicily/Seamus return

Yeah I’ve got 15 trades and no one to trade to. Luckily all my bench rookies and playing and still making some money or holding ground. I’ll potentially have to trade in donuts for looping or go early on rookies to upgrade quicker.

Is it too early to start picking non-playing DPP rookies?

My thinking is that Sheezel is going to be my 23rd man. I may as well pick a FWD/DEF Rookie loop to facilitate that.

Mullin etc aren't going to be playing Rd 15 anyway so just worry about my end team.

My thinking is that Sheezel is going to be my 23rd man. I may as well pick a FWD/DEF Rookie loop to facilitate that.

Mullin etc aren't going to be playing Rd 15 anyway so just worry about my end team.
I'm nearly at that point. Cash gen in a decent spot with Weddle, Mitchell, Cincotta, Johnson, Atkins, JVR, Wardlaw, Ford, Humphrey.

If no good downgrade targets pop up as I start upgrading it's gonna be DPP loops with Sunday fixtures.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you be sure Fyfe plays RD15? :p

Nah not picky, just tight for numbers for RD14/15 so need any rookies I trade in need to play. Having a 18th or 19th score those weeks will be crucial.
Oh No...I'd never do it, after being burned in R1 .....it was just a suggestion for you :moustache:

All for this. By necessity, he's probably going to be stuck at M9 for the rest of the year for me, so an uptick in his mid minutes is a good sign re trust/JS.

I’d probably wait till Rd15 once you’re sure your byes are covered. It’s really team dependant and how many playing rookies you have already

Don't worry about $$$, he's gonna make it rain points in round 15

22 touches against the Lions (if he didn't piledrive Zorko, he would have scored 60+)
9 touches in a quarter and a bit off the bench against the Cats
20 touches against the Dees

Looks comfortable at the level. I expect ~20 touches and ~70 points every week. He's going to be very very very handy for owners in round 15

Harrison in trouble. Bit annoying.

I reckon Harrison will hold for a week

Crisp more midfield time to cover De Goey
WHE back up the field
McStay in the forward line (probably the tallest Pies have played in a long time)

Lipinski in for McCreery

Harrison loses his spot after the byes for McCreery

WHE dropped when De Goey returns

God knows who goes out when Sidey returns

I reckon Harrison will hold for a week

Crisp more midfield time to cover De Goey
WHE back up the field
McStay in the forward line (probably the tallest Pies have played in a long time)

Lipinski in for McCreery

Harrison loses his spot after the byes for McCreery

WHE dropped when De Goey returns

God knows who goes out when Sidey returns
I was hoping he plays rd15, I'll need a downgrade then. Any bottom priced rookie playing that week will do.

Macrae a chance? Been an emergency a lot

I was hoping he plays rd15, I'll need a downgrade then. Any bottom priced rookie playing that week will do.

Macrae a chance? Been an emergency a lot
Might get a game or 2, but no way he breaks into the team. Crisp, Adams and NDaics can increase their midfield time to cover De Goey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back