Trades 2023 Round 11 trades

Are you trading "Piggy" Oliver this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have done
Pedlar > Steele
Steele suits my byes, and after his 135 last week, looks a bargain.

Have Sharp at M8, Johnson with the E.
Can use JVR as well, he plays the same game.
Sharp is on the chopping block - he's not even on extended bench. He's been Kentsable'd IMO

If Johnson and JVR fail, I can do:
Sharp > Wardlaw (he's coming in next week anyway)

If Johnson fails, and JVR scores well, I can do:
Sharp > Ford (also possibly in next week) with JHF going to M8 and Drury to F6.

If Johnson scores well, then no more trades.

I'm a genius!

1685094750249.png

I haven't seen as bold a risk since BT nearly flew off Level 2 of the MCC

He is hella cheap though at 240k odd - just worried for everything else like his injury history, his position and his general work around the ground.

Injury history poor but no more a risk as any other premo this season as witnessed by the injury carnage.

At $2.40 he’s loose change and replaces a dead rookie.

Have changed mind again. Per my most recent post of an hour or so ago, no trades this week
Suspicious Liar GIF by Harlem

View attachment 1697084

Driving to Qld tomorrow morning. Stopping in Sydney tomorrow night. Back to back 10 hour stints solo. No SC fluffing around. Trades this week were a sh!tfest so I'll leave as is

:cool:
Nah, there’ll be a few score check pit stops along the way I reckon!

Nah, there’ll be a few score check pit stops along the way I reckon!
Car can get to Qld with one pit stop. Fuelled up today and grabbed a Big Freeze beanie (with receipt hahaha). Ready to roll.

Have a great weekend gents. May your SC team go nuts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is absolutely true.

But Simpson is borderline also dead now. Doubt he comes back after being a fringe player and putting out 6 touches in his last game.

It looks less dumb if you look at it that way. Ford will be fine, looked very good in his first game. Old mate irishman is probably a bit too far.
I don't think Simpson is dead. They listed him as rested as opposed to omitted. After two years off, it isn't surprising that he dropped off after a few games in a row and given our injuries, he will probably come back next week.

You have the ability to ride out this week and then re-assess the trade next week with more info on the downgrade target. Additionally, Oisin won't be a bubble boy until R14, so I would be strongly avoiding him given how many we could have return by then.

I don't think Simpson is dead. They listed him as rested as opposed to omitted. After two years off, it isn't surprising that he dropped off after a few games in a row and given our injuries, he will probably come back next week.

You have the ability to ride out this week and then re-assess the trade next week with more info on the downgrade target. Additionally, Oisin won't be a bubble boy until R14, so I would be strongly avoiding him given how many we could have return by then.
Yep, I will hold Simpson for the time-being.

Oisin sounds like a lovely accompaniment to a twice-cooked duck risotto, or some kind of saffron-infused teriyaki chicken pancake.

Last edited:
Baker + Simpson -> Steele and Ford ($5k remaining, 13 trades remaining)

OR

Baker + Simpson + JVR -> Merrett, Ford and Wardlaw ($29k, 12 trades remaining)

Requires going early on both Ford and Wardlaw, but worried if I don't get Merrett now, I never will. Upgrade to Steele after his bye.

Thoughts, kenties?

Cash gen is dead for a while though. You'd only be keeping him as a warm body for the byes, but that body is lukewarm at best. You'd hate to be relying on him as your 18th man in Rd 15 and then he's dropped when others return.

My trades for the week:

R11 Trades.PNG

With the resulting team and trades/cash/boosts:

R11 team.PNG

Going with the unique VC with Trac against Freo with no Oliver and superb playing conditions. Will loop Wilmot and Seamus Mitchell. Hoping for a big game from him against Saints and think he is the pick over Weddle (despite the spike score).

In the end I went early on Ford. I'm not a fan of trading rookies in before the bubble but he looked too impressive to drop and so unexpected injury is the only concern. The extra cash he brings in will hopefully make it more possible to make meaningful trades next week.
Cowan>Ford

In the end I went early on Ford. I'm not a fan of trading rookies in before the bubble but he looked too impressive to drop and so unexpected injury is the only concern. The extra cash he brings in will hopefully make it more possible to make meaningful trades next week.
Cowan>Ford
So Ford over Wardlaw?

Any got in S.Butler this week?

Thinking to move Simpson on, but not enough for Humphrey
Yes, however Simpson will be back ...and as an R13 player will be invaluable, in a sea of dead bodies

Back