Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly a double downgrade for me if both Wardlaw and Ford do well this week
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Potentially bring in Ford (Wardlaw this week) but otherwise keep powder dry to start going hard through the byes. Should have $300k to look at guys like Neale and Steele.

Or might just grab Ford and bank the cash to grab RND 12 bye premo in RND 13.
Yep I'm always reluctant to upgrade first week of the byes as you know the player will miss one of the next four. But not out of the question if it means you avoid a donut or a spud rookie score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I has just one bad bye week, but I just realised that recent dead rookies, trades and injuries mean I have 3 rounds with just under 18 players (playing this week). Tough times ahead.

Possibly a double downgrade for me if both Wardlaw and Ford do well this week
Yep, but NFI who to trade down to them. Ginbey or Wilmot make most sense but only have 16 Round 15 bye players and this would make that worse, but only Roberts, Cin and Drury to swap and they have no cash to make. Terrible situation to be in. Would have hoped Drury would have been 200k by next week so at least pocketed 100k.

If Cripps is out next week, might can him

Double sideways from dead rookies to Wardlaw and (if he goes well and Flynn isn’t picked) Briggs. Covers RoMa’s bye, swing McAndrew into Fwd.
Maybe triple down to Ford in the unlikely event he backs up last week.

Double sideways from dead rookies to Wardlaw and (if he goes well and Flynn isn’t picked) Briggs. Covers RoMa’s bye, swing McAndrew into Fwd.
Maybe triple down to Ford in the unlikely event he backs up last week.
Just to clarify - it doesn't matter if there is a lot of byes for a specific position, because it is best 18.

Is that correct?

Just to clarify - it doesn't matter if there is a lot of byes for a specific position, because it is best 18.

Is that correct?

If I had two rucks (Marshall and McAndrew) on a bye next week, it doesn't matter if every other bench player is playing, I can only 'field' 21 of which I get best 18... It doesn't make a massive difference, but if you can get 22 playing, the worst 4 scores drop out, if you only have 20 playing, only the worst 2 scores drop out...

Is that correct?
It is the best 18 who are on the field. If for example you've got eight playing in defence (six on field and two on bench) only the six scores on field will count, the other two will be lost regardless of what you have in midfield, ruck and forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back