Captains 2023 Round 14 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale (vc)
English (c)

Neale's been down a bit this year but last time he played the Swans he scored 187 which makes him a tempting vc.
Captain options are then a bit unreliable, but English scored 138 while Macrae scored 153 last time they played North. Macrae's role this year can't be trusted so I'm favouring English.

Another option would be Stewart (vc) and Neale (c), but can Neale be trusted with the (c) in his current form?

Neale (vc)
English (c)

Neale's been down a bit this year but last time he played the Swans he scored 187 which makes him a tempting vc.
Captain options are then a bit unreliable, but English scored 138 while Macrae scored 153 last time they played North. Macrae's role this year can't be trusted so I'm favouring English.

Another option would be Stewart (vc) and Neale (c), but can Neale be trusted with the (c) in his current form?
I would definitely only VC Neale mate if you wanted to, could be a masterstroke. I just don't trust him this year as a straight C option unfortunately.

I would definitely only VC Neale mate if you wanted to, could be a masterstroke. I just don't trust him this year as a straight C option unfortunately.
Agree completely. There's been quite a few former reliable perma-captain types who've been dangerously inconsistent this season and Neale's probably been the worst of them.

Dunks has become a perma-captain choice now, 5 out of his last 6 have gone 137+. Absolute weapon.
Good thing about Dunks is he doesn’t rely on ultra high possessions. Lots of tackles and CPs.

Even better is that he is not a tag target. Neale will always cop the attention and so Dunkley gets through with little attention.

Can't believe this is the first time this season I've used Dunks for VC/C.
Slow learner or what?

Animated GIF

Bont’s recent record against Norf isn’t great. Anderson loves playing Carlton, but not sure I’d want to rely on him as C. Have 21 playing so might wait and see.

Stewart or Taranto in to Anderson appeals early, but Anderson in to Bont probably safer.
Nervous times JuddgementDay. Anderson’s VC score not looking great. Taranto might have been the better call. Might be left with C bont against a team he hates playing 😬

Nervous times JuddgementDay. Anderson’s VC score not looking great. Taranto might have been the better call. Might be left with C bont against a team he hates playing 😬
In danger of killing your good streak!

Well done - how the heck you land on your feet with these VC/ C choices amazes me :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back