Captains 2023 Round 18 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmm, I’m a little bit nervous about this. Ruckman playing against non recognised rucks often doesn’t go as well as uou expect it.

I wonder if the plan is to play a more mobile player in Maclean to effectively ‘run with’ Timmy to nullify his influence around the ground (where he gets the vast majority of his points).

Having said that, the potential upside outweighs the down so I’m sure I’ll VC him

hmmm, I’m a little bit nervous about this. Ruckman playing against non recognised rucks often doesn’t go as well as uou expect it.

I wonder if the plan is to play a more mobile player in Maclean to effectively ‘run with’ Timmy to nullify his influence around the ground (where he gets the vast majority of his points).

Having said that, the potential upside outweighs the down so I’m sure I’ll VC him
Darcy scored well against the Carlton non rucks

Not much love for Errol with a 143.7 average the last 3 rounds:think:
secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice head fake.
I wonder if anyone bought it?
Not sure what you mean there. English VC was a compelling case on the basis of who he was up against. I was simply stating that it doesn't always work out that way., There was nothing fake about what I said. He didn't ton up last year when he was up against Reid for most of the game. Feel free to look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

Not sure what you mean there. English VC was a compelling case on the basis of who he was up against. I was simply stating that it doesn't always work out that way., There was nothing fake about what I said. He didn't ton up last year when he was up against Reid for most of the game. Feel free to look it up yourself if you don't believe me.
I believe you. Was just wondering if it caused anyone to second guess their decision.

I believe you. Was just wondering if it caused anyone to second guess their decision.
It had me second guessing mine right up to 5 minutes before the game. Was going with Neale into Daicos. In the end FOMO got the better of me and I VC'd him, but with absolutely no confidence. Don't know why he was so poor last year but the dogs got pumped that night so that might have had something to do with it. The only thing consistent about pommy is his inconsistency. A few weeks ago he got flogged in the ruck by Lycett.

I really should have looked at this earlier. Of all the players I have that are potential vc/c, and there are many, only one has scored a captain-worthy score against this week's opponent over the past 2-3 years. All the others have only scored sub 120 scores. It's amazing just how bad they've all been. That player is Tim English with a 152 against the Swans last year and a 125 against them the year before. The obvious vc this week. Wish I'd looked into it before today.
Now I'm completely unsure about how to go. Might have to go with the ones who have shown the greatest improvement this year and hope it carries through to this week.

Daicos (vc)
Dawson (c)

Edit: Just noticed the post about Adelaide possibly having bulk late outs so Dawson's too big a risk.

Might have to back a Maxy Gawn comeback
Gawn (vc)
Daicos (c)

No idea really

I really should have looked at this earlier. Of all the players I have that are potential vc/c, and there are many, only one has scored a captain-worthy score against this week's opponent over the past 2-3 years. All the others have only scored sub 120 scores. It's amazing just how bad they've all been. That player is Tim English with a 152 against the Swans last year and a 125 against them the year before. The obvious vc this week. Wish I'd looked into it before today.
Now I'm completely unsure about how to go. Might have to go with the ones who have shown the greatest improvement this year and hope it carries through to this week.

Daicos (vc)
Dawson (c)

Edit: Just noticed the post about Adelaide possibly having bulk late outs so Dawson's too big a risk.

Might have to back a Maxy Gawn comeback
Gawn (vc)
Daicos (c)

No idea really
The Adelaide tweet was a hoax

Remove this Banner Ad

Back