Trades 2023 Round 2 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it every year... but this game was much more fun and more forgiving when we had a limited amount of trades... meant you had to be more patient with underperforming players and save trades.... Now a days, you basically need to jump off underperforming players straight away, because the whole comp is always advancing every week. Always feels like you are being left behind if you have an injury or an underperforming POD
One trade a week and handful of reserve trades would be good
Trades that you burn now or save for byes etc

I’d be burning this week ☹️

yeah, that's all well and good but what is making amends in terms of fantasy? 170? that's what he needs. And why were his legs not working? it didn't seem to bother any other midfielder out there? they all seem like excuses to me. I hope he does well but he's plummeting in price and Tom Greene is much more of a must have. He looked amazing.
It is an excuse ....but that said, there are people in everyday that suffer badly with heat ....whilst others are unaffected

Same would apply in sport ....that said, the match should not have proceeded in 40 degree heat

As much as I want Daicos and Green (who I both had in my original team before constantly changing before lockout) and super frustrated with Laird, I just went with some cash cows:
Darcy to Uwland and Bruhn to Chandler.

Didn't have any spare money in the bank to upgrade a mid-range to a premium, so no point.
Just gotta back Laird and Serong in to bounce back next week. Laird just won't be made captain again any time soon.

3 consecutive games indicate he'll be playing back, at least until Thomas is back .....which could be another 6 weeks, you imagine

I'm trading Ziebell in at this stage of the week
I'm sceptical whether he can keep the role for long.. they have so many young defenders coming into fitness that need to play at some point. Doesn't mean I'm opposed to getting him but, the other angle is Clarko might want him being the old head steadying the ship back there. Would be a bad miss not getting him if he's keeping that role

I'm sceptical whether he can keep the role for long.. they have so many young defenders coming into fitness that need to play at some point. Doesn't mean I'm opposed to getting him but, the other angle is Clarko might want him being the old head steadying the ship back there. Would be a bad miss not getting him if he's keeping that role
If he averages 95 and is 800k and a defender in Round 6- he is the best mid pricer. And a goldmine compared to JHF

Smells like a Kozi trap!
You convinced me
Jelly > Ziebel via dpp
Xerri > English

I started Laird thinking he'd be a captain choice and average 120. That seems unlikely now. Also, he's lost the right to be a captain choice for atleast 2 months until he shows his old self again.
I don't get this reasoning. Players always have bad games it doesn't mean they will in the future. He isn't injured, he wasn't really tagged, he just had a s**t game. It happens.

I’ve talked myself into trading him in. I need to trade Stewart anyway and with a break even of 24, Cox is a very solid option. Even without those intercept marks he’d probably still score 80-90, has really solid form going back into preseason and has a good month coming up. Definitely not expecting 130+ every week but 70-90 should be achievable and he can be traded straight to a fallen premo in a few weeks.

I tend to agree. I'm in the same boat an initially thought to go straight up to Doc from Stewart. However his BE is 120 so his price isn't going anywhere soon. Going down to Cox allows me to bank $391k for the following week which could allow one of the following:

• Constable > Yeo (after watching Yeo for a week if he plays and Constable gets one more week before being dropped)
  • Serong > Bray (with change left over. A little worried that Lyon sent Bytel to Serong and the Saints one while Bray was allowed to seagull around the back flank being ineffective)
  • Ridiculous as it sounds....Sheed > Laird

1679319597888.png

The guy leading faded Dunkley. I didn't even think there would be a real team that faded him lol

The guy leading at the start of the season, won't be the one leading at the end of it - this is a perfect example why, haha

the fact that he didn't know that he needs to work around stoppages is concerning enough. His performance was unforgivable. I'm trading. And look forward to picking him up in about 6 weeks

Like I said, your prerogative mate :)

I don't have Chandler and I went with Xerri, so the way I see it, I'm screwed with cash gen either way.

I punt Laird, Chandler goes up by 50-60K if he scores 70. I get Chandler and keep Laird, he puts out another 70 and I lose another 70K. Either way, I'll lose cash. In this scenario, better to hope that the premo has a decent score so his cash gen doesn't matter - rather than fading the good rook and the premo scoring well, and losing out on both fronts.

If he goes under 100 this week I'll trade him. Either way, at least I've secured decent cash gen from the lowest BE rook. If you don't have that dilemma and have all the good rooks, probably easier to make the decision to trade Laird.

To each their own though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1635326

Someone talk me off this ledge..
In principle 2 x good trades .....Setterfield however, normally has a DT / SC ratio more favouring SC .....was last week therefore an anomaly ?

Laird playing RICH at home ....after being embarrassed on the weekend by the media .....will bounceback
Ziebell / Green trade :whitecheck:

Two for one premo trade .....seen a lot worse trade scenario's

In principle 2 x good trades .....Setterfield however, normally has a DT / SC ratio more favouring SC .....was last week therefore an anomaly ?

Laird playing RICH at home ....after being embarrassed on the weekend by the media .....will bounceback
Ziebell / Green trade :whitecheck:

Two for one premo trade .....seen a lot worse trade scenario's

Laird has a terrible record against the Tigers which worries me, but as Shadow noted above, ditching Laird this week means fading Chandler who I feel like I need to grab. I love Ziebell's role though so it feels like either I bank a ton of cash this week (which isn't a terrible idea with Constable and Bruhn potentially on the chopping block next week) or I cop a cash loss via Laird or Chandler.

Laird has a terrible record against the Tigers which worries me, but as Shadow noted above, ditching Laird this week means fading Chandler who I feel like I need to grab. I love Ziebell's role though so it feels like either I bank a ton of cash this week (which isn't a terrible idea with Constable and Bruhn potentially on the chopping block next week) or I cop a cash loss via Laird or Chandler.
IMO ....gotta find a way to get Ziebell & hold Laird .....I have Chandler, do I think he's a must have, no .....do I think last weeks game by him was an outlier, yes

So, I have Chandler, don't have Mackenzie .....can't get all the rookies

IMO ....gotta find a way to get Ziebell & hold Laird .....I have Chandler, do I think he's a must have, no .....do I think last weeks game by him was an outlier, yes

So, I have Chandler, don't have Mackenzie .....can't get all the rookies

Doesn't need to be a regular score, if he scores 60s from here he generates a heap of cash.

Like I said, your prerogative mate :)

I don't have Chandler and I went with Xerri, so the way I see it, I'm screwed with cash gen either way.

I punt Laird, Chandler goes up by 50-60K if he scores 70. I get Chandler and keep Laird, he puts out another 70 and I lose another 70K. Either way, I'll lose cash. In this scenario, better to hope that the premo has a decent score so his cash gen doesn't matter - rather than fading the good rook and the premo scoring well, and losing out on both fronts.

If he goes under 100 this week I'll trade him. Either way, at least I've secured decent cash gen from the lowest BE rook. If you don't have that dilemma and have all the good rooks, probably easier to make the decision to trade Laird.

To each their own though
yeah, I've got Chandler and most of the decent rooks except for maybe a Uwland who i'm not losing any sleep over. I understand Chandler is a bigger priority.

I see it more like let's say the season starts now. Laird is 1.02 Mill, and Tom Green is 782k. Who are we starting? It's Green by a long way. So I see it as just 1 burnt trade which is basically like all the Kelly owners who are going Kelly to Green. Then I have Tanner Bruhn who got 64% tog which shows that he is a sub risk as well as can't be trusted not to happen again. Trading Laird enabled me to go up to a Ziebell/Jhf and still have 100k left over.

yeah, I've got Chandler and most of the decent rooks except for maybe a Uwland who i'm not losing any sleep over. I understand Chandler is a bigger priority.

I see it more like let's say the season starts now. Laird is 1.02 Mill, and Tom Green is 782k. Who are we starting? It's Green by a long way. So I see it as just 1 burnt trade which is basically like all the Kelly owners who are going Kelly to Green. Then I have Tanner Bruhn who got 64% tog which shows that he is a sub risk as well as can't be trusted not to happen again. Trading Laird enabled me to go up to a Ziebell/Jhf and still have 100k left over.

Hm yeah there's part of me that's looking at it this way too. Either way the Laird decision could be season defining with regards to the opportunity cost of moving him to someone else.

I think I've boiled it down to either:

Bruhn > Chandler
A) McGrath > Daicos or B) Chesser > Callaghan
$174k in the bank but an extra rookie on field in A) (up to 7) or or $18k in the bank but same rookies on field in B) (staying at 6) but risking on Callaghan keeping his scoring up with Kelly and Whit out

or

Laird > Setterfield
Greene > Ziebell
$28k in the bank, one rookie OFF field (down to 5), but fading Chandler and obviously fading Laird.

There's pros and cons to both approaches.. feel like whichever I do will be wrong. :tearsofjoy: The Laird out feels more aggressive and picking up two cash generating and high scoring players but can backfire if Laird goes 120+, the Chandler approach feels a bit safer but more of a treading water or step backwards in terms of structure.

I think ultimately B) is the way to go:
Pros:
  • Same rookies on field (so not worsening my structure), cash generation from Callaghan with Kelly and Whit out (and no idea when they'll be back up and running with the nature of their injuries)
  • Jumping on the cash generation from Chandler who looks more fantasy friendly than Hollands after Round 1.
  • Not trading a premium in Laird (which I do think you can put down to the extreme heat

Last edited:
Brodie -> Green (Think i need to follow in numbers - can't believe im repeating my mistakes from last year)

Kelly -> Ziebull

Approx 350k to slap on constable next week... ?

Hm yeah there's part of me that's looking at it this way too. Either way the Laird decision could be season defining with regards to the opportunity cost of moving him to someone else.

I think I've boiled it down to either:

Bruhn > Chandler
A) McGrath > Daicos or B) Chesser > Callaghan
$174k in the bank but an extra rookie on field in A) (up to 7) or or $18k in the bank but same rookies on field in B) (staying at 6) but risking on Callaghan keeping his scoring up with Kelly and Whit out

or

Laird > Setterfield
Greene > Ziebell
$28k in the bank, one rookie OFF field (down to 5), but fading Chandler and obviously fading Laird.

There's pros and cons to both approaches.. feel like whichever I do will be wrong. :tearsofjoy: The Laird out feels more aggressive and picking up two cash generating and high scoring players but can backfire if Laird goes 120+, the Chandler approach feels a bit safer but more of a treading water or step backwards in terms of structure.

I think ultimately B) is the way to go:
Pros:
  • Same rookies on field (so not worsening my structure), cash generation from Callaghan with Kelly and Whit out (and no idea when they'll be back up and running with the nature of their injuries)
  • Jumping on the cash generation from Chandler who looks more fantasy friendly than Hollands after Round 1.
  • Not trading a premium in Laird (which I do think you can put down to the extreme heat
If laird goes 120+ it's fine. just pick him up like everyone else will in 5 weeks. it's just burnt trades. Laird will always be there but Tom Green/Setterfield/Ziebell won't be this cheap ever again.

Does Brennan Cox have any value in a draft league (non keeper). Surely that was a one off or did he have a role change? I don't like picking up KPD/KPFs for fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back