Game Day 2023 Round 20 Discussion - Club Experimentation Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1690721233952.png
Average week, has been like that since post bye lol I move up 100, move down 100 repeat

Anyway out the country tonight until AFL finals so SC is done for the year just gotta decide Bont or Dunkley perma C

3 sh1t weeks in a row in supercoach overall rankings wise.

Another drop this time 282 spots to 1,257 overall. :(

My goal is to finish top 1000 and win all my 9 league grand finals so need to put the brakes on this week to stop the slide and move back up into the top 1000.

I get Tom Green back this week which means I can throw that hack Himmelberg onto the bench instead!

Somehow won 7\9 league games despite butchering my captain with Bont. 😭

Used my last trade going Ashcroft > Butters. Heading off to the no trades left club now to check in.

20230731_111346.jpg

Last edited:
2,457 :poo: - Walsh on the pine and yet another crappy captain score, plus Taranto and Neale underwhelming. Looking at some of the scores this round, I'm almost too embarrassed to post. The frustrating thing is that I was posting similar scores this time last year all the while cementing a top 1k spot, and this year I'm going backwards big-time.

Scored 2595 and stayed at ~3000 rank. Been hovering at 3k since round 10 (hit 2200 once and hit 4000 once, the rest near 3000).

Is it just me, or is it very hard to make up ground? Teams too similar? I actually have a decent amount of unique players in my match-ups, so teams aren't exactly identical, but the unique players have high ownership, like 20%-50%. Back in the day, unique players were genuine PODs, sub 10% ownership. Now it seems like there's a pool of 30-40 premos and everybody has 22 of that lot.
Too many trades & DPPs

3 sh1t weeks in a row in supercoach overall rankings wise.

Another drop this time 282 spots to 1,257 overall. :(

My goal is to finish top 1000 and win all my 9 league grand finals so need to put the brakes on this week to stop the slide and move back up into the top 1000.

I get Tom Green back this week which means I can throw that hack Himmelberg onto the bench instead!

Somehow won 7\9 league games despite butchering my captain with Bont. 😭

Used my last trade going Ashcroft > Butters. Heading off to the no trades left club now to check in.

View attachment 1760711
That sucks. You were ahead of me 3 weeks ago

View attachment 1760694

Slowly working my way up.
IMG_3068.jpeg

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Youre right it is hard to move spots now. There was too many trades this year imo.

With so many trades i think the right tactic is to get to full premo asap, get into the top1000, then just try to hang on. I ve been oscillating between rank 350 and 650 for about 8 weeks.
100%

Way too many trades - all teams basically the same with a variation of say, five or so players amongst the top teams. Really hard to make up any meaningful ground.

I miss the days of being rewarded for being selective with trades, with having to make decisions around which mid pricers to carry for the year etc.

The game now is just some high octane, red bull / t20 iteration with everyone posting monster scores and it not really meaning anything. A 2770 (despite being objectively great) this week doesn’t even feel that remarkable.

I’d love to think that we go back to the days of less trades but can’t see it happening. Trades = engagement and they’ll want to keep the clicks ticking over.

Too many trades & DPPs
Way way too many trades.

Would love to see a line at 24 trades, with every trade over that incurring an incremental 2% points penalty for the incoming player every week remaining.

Eg 25th trade for a premo in week 17, 2% penalty on their 110 points from Rd 18
26th trade for a rookie in week 18, 4% penalty on their 60 pts from Rd 19
27th, 6%..
Etc.

More trades, bigger penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back