Trades 2023 Round 22 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting stats, thanks for posting.

I m top 1000. No trades, Sheezel on bench.
I'm in there too. 1 trade and Banks as cover. Tempted to bring in Clarry as a very unique player but would prevent me from being able to flip Sheezel back as cover, so will just go Sicily I think.

Not top 1000 here, but I have 1 trade left & 31k.

Probably looking at Daicos to Ryan at this stage.

Don't have to trade (have Sheezel I can swing back, Dunks fwd and bring on Mills or Walsh (pending selection). My M8 is yuck though, Jelly, Mills and Walsh.

1691475681465.png

Not top 1000 here, but I have 1 trade left & 31k.

Probably looking at Daicos to Ryan at this stage.

Don't have to trade (have Sheezel I can swing back, Dunks fwd and bring on Mills or Walsh (pending selection). My M8 is yuck though, Jelly, Mills and Walsh.

View attachment 1768241
Yeah I was set to go Ryan with my last trade, but think I have been swayed on Luke Jackson by a few other posters. Looked fantastic last week and not much against him next three weeks. Doesn’t quite feel right going Jackson over Ryan/Parish though.

Mills on the pine is a luxury. Didn’t watch the game on the weekend, but a few highlights I saw, Guilden burnt him real good, cost him a handy score.

Yeah I was set to go Ryan with my last trade, but think I have been swayed on Luke Jackson by a few other posters. Looked fantastic last week and not much against him next three weeks. Doesn’t quite feel right going Jackson over Ryan/Parish though.
I would definitely go Jackson over Parish and Ryan - he has the role and a very easy run of match ups with WCE and Port (Hawthorn in the last round is a bit tougher for rucks, but the other two are so juicy).

If you have back cover, I'd go Jackson over those two options.

I'm tossing up between Docherty and Newman. Docherty seems the slightly safer pick, but Newman has massive upside and is on such a tear right now. If any Carlton have any ideas on who the ball will flow through more out of the half-back, I am all ears.

Only $8k in the bank, so the $60k drop is brutal for me. Doesn't leave me with many options.

Option A: Naicos -> Sinclair. The simplest one, removes an anti-POD and leaves me with (admittedly dubious) DEF cover via Day DPP (Fletcher/Johnson).

Option B: Could go Naicos -> Serong and put Day at D6. Would be completely bare of DEF cover though with no trades left.

Option C: Naicos -> Jackson via anyone to the MIDs. Same as above.

Thoughts?

Mills on the pine is a luxury. Didn’t watch the game on the weekend, but a few highlights I saw, Guilden burnt him real good, cost him a handy score.
Jackson > Ryan > Parish is my order of things.

I had planned to bring in Jackson with my last trade a couple of rounds ago. Never eventuated due to circumstances, being solo ruck with appealing draw was certainly the drawing points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 trades left but lost my Week 1 Finals matchup in my main cash league with a second chance coming this week…

I’m thinking to advance I’m just gonna have to join the No Trades Club and go:

N. Daicos > S. Docherty
K. Briggs > L. Jackson

Keeping Briggs over Gawn in Round 15 has been season defining the last few weeks…

Or…because Jackson plays Saturday night and Briggs on Sunday arvo, should I wait and see how my opponent is travelling prior to the Saturday night games before pulling the trigger on the ruck trade?

2 trades left but lost my Week 1 Finals matchup in my main cash league with a second chance coming this week…

I’m thinking to advance I’m just gonna have to join the No Trades Club and go:

N. Daicos > S. Docherty
K. Briggs > L. Jackson

Keeping Briggs over Gawn in Round 15 has been season defining the last few weeks…

Or…because Jackson plays Saturday night and Briggs on Sunday arvo, should I wait and see how my opponent is travelling prior to the Saturday night games before pulling the trigger on the ruck trade?
I’d wait until the Saturday night game.

Briggs also has Port this week who are a really good match up for him. If it looks like you will win Saturday, you could bank the trade and save it for next week.

I'm tossing up between Docherty and Newman. Docherty seems the slightly safer pick, but Newman has massive upside and is on such a tear right now. If any Carlton have any ideas on who the ball will flow through more out of the half-back, I am all ears.
Not a Carlton supporter but a Docherty owner so watch him fairly closely. He is almost exclusively on ball these days, so if you prefer that half-back chip scab (with good ball use) type, it might be Newman.

Docherty can frustrate me in his current role, take away that soft kill score against WCE and he kinda just peppers around that 100 mark. He seems to go periods where he struggles to find it or quick kicks out of packs that are turnovers. A safe 90 - tonne might be what you're after though.

Newman I only just started noticing so can't comment as much. He was kicking at 90%+ in a high pressure game against the Saints, so he seems like someone they like to go through.

OK, assuming everyone's named I think it's got to be:

Magic Johnson -> Borlase (whoever that is)
Naicos -> Sicily

Leaves 1 trade and $120k for fixing a problem or luxury next week. Cover on all lines. What could possibl-i go wrong?

season 6 pilot in helicopter GIF

Daicos to Jackson confirmed.

If Matt Flynn is named tomorrow, I’ll probably use my last trade on Briggs to Newman or Parish and move Jackson to R2.

Will be happy to ride out the final 2 rounds from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back