Game Day 2023 Round 24 Discussion - GRAND FINAL WEEK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was a middling year for me with some good wins and a couple hare-brained mistakes.
Honestly, in the final month, after running out of trades and bailing out of the Tragics finals, I did lose interest.
Given that, finishing round 24 with my highest rank of the season was an achievement in itself, since I used my last trade round 18, and my bench depth was Mills, Maric and Cincotta.
Onwards and upwards my friends. Congrats to all who finished in the top 1k.

1693172419556.png

IMG_1272.jpeg

Went backwards in the first two weeks of finals with poor captains choices and could crack the top 2K liked I hoped but finished 2/3 gf wins both cashys so good out come.

1693178605615.png

Having a 23rd premo doesn't work when none of your players get injured and your bench spuds start playing again.

Juggling Mills and DCameron on field in rounds 23 and 24 cost me a whopping 143 points.

rd23 (Mills on field) = 59 pts lost
rd24 (Mills on bench) = 84 pts lost

Anyway, even if I got it right and you add those 143 points, I would have just missed out on the top 1000.

In the end I'll take 1483rd after a poor (and boring) season. Good footy, s**t SC.

End of another pretty consistent and solid season:

2023 Final Finish.PNG

The Velour Fog's history has been pretty consistent, with an outlier great season (2016, 21st overall) and an outlier shocker (2017 ghost ship 19,631th). My aim is to be top 1% or so, with top 10,000 the bare minimum mark of competency.

1693179781159.png

End of another pretty consistent and solid season:

View attachment 1788008

The Velour Fog's history has been pretty consistent, with an outlier great season (2016, 21st overall) and an outlier shocker (2017 ghost ship 19,631th). My aim is to be top 1% or so, with top 10,000 the bare minimum mark of competency.

View attachment 1788013
Consistently finishing in the top 1% is a great result, anything after that is mostly down to luck.

2,657 - which I think may be my highest round score plus won both GFs comfortably, so I should be happy right? Still feeling quite disappointed though and, looking at some of the scores being posted on here, a bit embarrassed tbh. Doc out meant I had to dry swallow Maric's 49, plus Taranto's late season spudliness didn't help much either. At least the vc (Bont) worked out pretty well. Missed the top 10k (by a measly 19 points), which is what I was aiming for after such a cr4p start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Lloyd, what a hack. JK

Ended up finishing 872nd overall. Anyone got any idea when they send the top 1k prizes out?
What Is Going On American Horror Story GIF by AHS

One last one for the season kenties. :moustache:

Season 9 Nbc GIF by One Chicago
You missed one!^^

Hell of a year

1693220424161.png

Highlight was Rnd 17 finishing 20th for the rnd.

And that 2750 for a GF win in my cashie. I thought I had a bigger score but nope that looks to be my PB.

An absolute blast with you all, look forward to 2024.

✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back