Game Day 2023 Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on the river excrement that my year is, a couple of undigested corn kernels flowed by.

First time getting over 2000 & went ballistic to 2205 plus won my first game of cashie this year!!

Hoping to pass some ghost ships & break through the 108,000 barrier!!!!!!!!!
My score isn't worth posting .....hard to believe the star-studded midfield I have on paper, could pump out the excrement it did .....but it did

Now ....back into my makeshift opium den I go

Happy you and I agree.gif

My score isn't worth posting .....hard to believe the star-studded midfield I have on paper, could pump out the excrement it did .....but it did

Now ....back into my makeshift opium den I go

View attachment 1663032

Screenshot_20230417_090215_SuperCoach.jpg

Star studded you say...look at the gang I've assembled! The Disposal efficiency is something to behold.

Yes I'll get Clangnilio next week.

That's not a midfield ......this is a midield ! .....a ****show of a midfield

View attachment 1663041

You're right on paper it looks pretty decent! Kelly a bit down this week, Setterfield did ok for tagging Oliver and LDU doesn't seem to be quite the level he was R1 and 2.

You're right on paper it looks pretty decent! Kelly a bit down this week, Setterfield did ok for tagging Oliver and LDU doesn't seem to be quite the level he was R1 and 2.
That bozo of a GWS Coach stuck Jelly on a WING again :mad: .....from continuous 70% CBA's in all rounds ....sticks him on a wing & loses the match .....deservedly so too

Nice.

Interesting to note that 120 points over the season to date is 8% or about 15000 ranking places.

View attachment 1663051
Yeah it's very tight, I'm about 400 points from the socks. Haven't given up hope yet, but need a couple more good weeks.

I'm a bit suspicious that a lot of the autopick sides did well in the first few weeks. There were some strange players popular in the top sides in the first month, Tarryn Thomas for example. That and North and Collingwood starting well.

View attachment 1662796

Score this week looks good but man this rollercoaster is killing me:

View attachment 1662797

rollercoaster GIF
That's even scarier than my rollercoaster!
1681689207292.png

Looking back at some of past years, I'm actually feeling fairly positive about where I'm at (save for the wasted injury trades).

• After Round 5: 2,209th
  • Finishing position: TBA
  • After Round 5: 15,116th
  • Finishing position: 767th
  • After Round 5: 664th
  • Finishing position: 41st
  • After Round 5: 427th
  • Finishing position: 5,580th
  • After Round 5: 1,186th
  • Finishing position: 598th
  • After Round 5: 5,628th
  • Finishing position: 1,607th
  • After Round 5: 2,110th
  • Finishing position: 1,680th
Sorry, hope it's not too self-indulgent posting about my own numbers, but just thought it'd be interesting to track progress of R5 vs finishing position. As MT noted, as the ghost ships and autopicks begin to drop off, there's a natural ascension in the ranks that starts happening during upgrade season, and particularly during the byes. The last surge always comes from teams running out of trades later in the year (as I did in 2020 where I ate a few boxes of donuts in the last few rounds).

My 2022 year also shows that you can still claw back a bit after a slower start to the year.

TL;DR – be optimistic, even if your rank has blown out a bit. It's a funny, injury-hit season and people are blowing trades like never before. Just be smart, and for the love of god, at this point in the season, don't trade your premos for one week injuries/suspensions. It'll kill you in the long run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back at some of past years, I'm actually feeling fairly positive about where I'm at (save for the wasted injury trades).

• After Round 5: 2,209th
  • Finishing position: TBA
  • After Round 5: 15,116th
  • Finishing position: 767th
  • After Round 5: 664th
  • Finishing position: 41st
  • After Round 5: 427th
  • Finishing position: 5,580th
  • After Round 5: 1,186th
  • Finishing position: 598th
  • After Round 5: 5,628th
  • Finishing position: 1,607th
  • After Round 5: 2,110th
  • Finishing position: 1,680th
Sorry, hope it's not too self-indulgent posting about my own numbers, but just thought it'd be interesting to track progress of R5 vs finishing position. As MT noted, as the ghost ships and autopicks begin to drop off, there's a natural ascension in the ranks that starts happening during upgrade season, and particularly during the byes. The last surge always comes from teams running out of trades later in the year (as I did in 2020 where I ate a few boxes of donuts in the last few rounds).

My 2022 year also shows that you can still claw back a bit after a slower start to the year.

TL;DR – be optimistic, even if your rank has blown out a bit. It's a funny, injury-hit season and people are blowing trades like never before. Just be smart, and for the love of god, at this point in the season, don't trade your premos for one week injuries/suspensions. It'll kill you in the long run

This year been bad for injuries. I've already had more than all of last year. I was KotD last year though.

That bozo of a GWS Coach stuck Jelly on a WING again :mad: .....from continuous 70% CBA's in all rounds ....sticks him on a wing & loses the match .....deservedly so too
Giants won the game.

Therefore Kingsley did the right thing WW.

Hopefully Green is given 2 weeks and he plays on the ball again. When Green is back i am trading him , GWS have already ruined my supercoach season and i will not trust them ever again!

Rank 28,306 (from 49,036)

Great score but finished SBS with a limp (Bowes 66, Callaghan 72, Ginbey 51). No premos in play like most (Marshall Cogs Green types) to finish off.

Steady climb nonetheless.

Hopefully Green is given 2 weeks and he plays on the ball again. When Green is back i am trading him , GWS have already ruined my supercoach season and i will not trust them ever again!
1681699776389.jpeg

He's built up a bit of a lead too, expecting him to be around the mark all year.

Looking at his team had me thinking..

episode 17 barbecue GIF
It all depends ho many trades they have used. Looking at their bench they could be in trouble for cash gen if they have traded hard already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back