Captains 2023 Round 5 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Only non rain impacted game is Thursday, I'll take laird vc, have to given the perfect conditions.

Then Oliver as C

As long as it's not too hot tonight... We all know what happens to poor Rory in the heat after that Rd-1 disaster! That's ok Rory, I can assure you that everyone that had the C on you that week all melted with you!

Melting Big Brother GIF by Channel 7

Diacos on Sunday won't be a good option, ground will be a muddy wet dump after 5 games on it in four days and about 20-30mm of rain.
Its a fair point, but English will be playing there on the 4th game at AO, and as a big man playing at the peak of the forecast storm, he's not without warning signs too.

1681344051484.png

Its a fair point, but English will be playing there on the 4th game at AO, and as a big man playing at the peak of the forecast storm, he's not without warning signs too.

View attachment 1658402
Of course, s**t weather equals more stoppages, with lycett as his opponent I think he can easily have 35-40 HO. Lycett had only 17 HO against Ladhams who had 25, he isnt a good ruck. Timmy will be impacted around the ground with his spreading and marking, but I feel like he is a great VC option this week.

Of course, s**t weather equals more stoppages, with lycett as his opponent I think he can easily have 35-40 HO. Lycett had only 17 HO against Ladhams who had 25, he isnt a good ruck. Timmy will be impacted around the ground with his spreading and marking, but I feel like he is a great VC option this week.

The rain didn't worry English last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking VC laird - I'm just not convinced that Dawson will go monster again so soon
C Naicos - i think if the ground is a bit spongy it might actually work in his favour, as players may be a bit more flat footed giving him a chance to run behind and get the handball

Jordan Dawson VC :cool:

First captain score about 125, and after Laird's 50 in round 1, this one feels good.

160+ please!

giphy (1).gif

I forgot to put the VC on Dawson. In fact I forgot to loop at all and hence Cripps was my vice captain.

Guess I'm going all in on Naicos, Bont or Grundy now.
I'd avoid Grundy imo as his big scores against us Draper wasn't playing and our tandem ruck with Phillips seems to work at negating other ruckmen (Witts + Marshall for example)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back