Game Day 2023 Round 8 Discussion - where are our Rookies ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WW Enter hello whats up.gif

Is it just my perception, or has this week been a bit of a chance to catch our breath, after the long rounds we've had recently ?

Where are these damn Rookies, we can upgrade to .....and have playing during the Byes ....you know, those byes that start in 4 weeks

I'm not feeling confident .....had hoped for Wardlaw, and Fahey ....so who is the next Chandler ?

But the show must go on .....could this be the week, we have no injuries .....oh glory be !
Oh FFS ...I forgot I still have LDU ....how could I forget that SC gift, that just keeps on giving ...and giving 🤬

Hope you all have a better week than me 😀

Is it just my perception, or has this week been a bit of a chance to catch our breath, after the long rounds we've had recently ?
Feels too long to wait now

Lots of people seemed to have bumper scores last round, while my fairly consistent scores took a dive

This round is about getting rid of those who have served me well, but are approaching their use by dates.
Ginbey, you've been a good rook but I'm afraid you're starting to smell like my sheets before I moved in with my girlfriend - tired, smelly and in need of a change
McGrath, you served your purpose when I needed a cheap mid priced defender to cover Day, but your scores are resembling my turds when I forget to take my fibre supplements - sinking down the toilet

Greene, you survive another round. Consistent you are not, but you've got one thing my other bench rookies don't possess, and that's durability

Release the teams already, it's been an eternity to my ADHD brain

I've figured it out...

LOL - The only way to stop/ slow me from further trading is to use my last boost and all rookies with $$$ value this round :drunk:
I'll wait for the team to be announced, but will sell the farm to get the pig!

That last week was no fun at all, hardly any carnage.
Let's start this week with proper carnage at the selection tables :devil:

(Important clause - carnage, but not to my team!)

View attachment 1677520

Where are these damn Rookies, we can upgrade to .....and have playing during the Byes ....you know, those byes that start in 4 weeks

I'm not feeling confident .....had hoped for Wardlaw, and Fahey ....so who is the next Chandler ?

But the show must go on .....could this be the week, we have no injuries .....oh glory be !
Oh FFS ...I forgot I still have LDU ....how could I forget that SC gift, that just keeps on giving ...and giving 🤬

Hope you all have a better week than me 😀
Fahey will be very close this week, no surprise to see him in for Angwin. They have moved him to the wing in the 2s with a view to getting him into the seniors. Drury should debut this week or next and Wardlaw maybe a couple of weeks away, Clarko has flagged he is about to start playing the kids.

So outside Cinc it's prob patience this week and it may open up

Its only round 8?

season 1 nbc GIF by The Good Place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chesser back soon for those that held. I have ragrets about trading him and holding Constable now lol. Will be a WARM BODY over the byes.

Flying emergency surely means he's in next week? Wouldn't be surprised if he starts as the sub though.

He actually played alright in the game he got injured.

Downgrade option haha

No one thinks he is gold mate, but sometimes you need to take a risk here and there in upgrade season.
Assessing the level of risk vs reward is a massive part of the game. Given they've moved Fahey to the wing in the reserves because they want to find a seniors role for him that's enough of a red flag for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back