Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the lack of rookie options, I’m boosting this week and getting in some secure solid scoring low BE and getting rid of some money losers

Setterfield/McGrath/Ginbey for Soldo/Soligo/any mid up to $540k via swinging Sheezel and Macpherson to DEF

Swinging DMac and Sheezel automatically improves my defence already.

Soldo is gonna be no 1 ruck for the long term with Nank out. Low BE, even some tidy 70-80s over the next few weeks will make some cash. Also good ruck cover if required. RUC/FWD means I can run him at F6.

Soligo is doing quite nicely in that Crows midfield recently too. Very very low Breakeven. MID/FWD as well.

Can go from Steele down with the midfielder choice. If I do go with Steele it won’t leave me with much in the bank so I may have to go with a lower range player to have some money to play with next week. I’m thinking along the lines of

Rowell
Perryman
Day
Hewett
Simpkin
Newcombe etc.

Soldo is out

Not sure weather to burn another boost or just do the 2 trades.
$38,900, 25 trades and 3 boosts in the shed.
What are your thoughts on:
Option 1
F.Greene -> S.Simpson
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($260,000 in the shed)

Option 2
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta ($302,200 in the shed)

Option 3 (Boost)
F.Greene -> R.Angwin
L.Cowan -> A.Cincotta
D.Wilmont -> Sicily ($23,300 in the shed)
View attachment 1678548
Oklahoma City Josh GIF by OKC Thunder

Setterfield to Sic, Sinclair, Trac or Steele. :think: Or blow my bank on Oliver.

View attachment 1678806
Melbourne's next four are Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Port, Freo. I imagine Piggy and Trac will flat track their way to 150s left, right and centre over the next few weeks.

FWIW, I have Oliver, but I'm bringing in Trac over the other options (not sold on Steele yet, and can wait with that BE).

Melbourne's next four are Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Port, Freo. I imagine Piggy and Trac will flat track their way to 150s left, right and centre over the next few weeks.

FWIW, I have Oliver, but I'm bringing in Trac over the other options (not sold on Steele yet, and can wait with that BE).
Trac is super tempting for this reason. My cash gen is quite limited, paying up for Oliver I am slightly hesitant about, especially with his BE.

Conversely, Sinclair and SicDawg are pretty much basement priced at the moment. Granted neither should significantly rise in price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac is super tempting for this reason. My cash gen is quite limited, paying up for Oliver I am slightly hesitant about, especially with his BE.

Conversely, Sinclair and SicDawg are pretty much basement priced at the moment. Granted neither should significantly rise in price
Both solid options, but there's certainly a reason to pay up for Piggy given he's a safe captaincy option every week. Back your gut though.

Also on Sinclair, I imagine Keays will be glued to him next week, and I still don't love the pick with RTB throwing him around.

Alastair Clarkson has swung the axe at the Kangaroos after their uncompetitive loss to Melbourne. Luke Davies-Uniacke heads the list of inclusions against St Kilda while debutant Blake Drury is also in. Aaron Hall and Kayne Turner have been dropped
Look frasier-yeah.gif

Not many people are going to have 12 trades left when the byes start
First bye = no trades as a rule.
Unless uber rookie appears and is on the bubble.
Second bye = maybe 1 up 1 down from 1st bye players
3rd bye (rd 14 the death bye) = go all 3. Sideways or upgrades just get 18-19 players.
4th bye = another 3 and hopefully get something close to finished side - no players with avg below 85 onfield.
Maybe use this round for differentials or risky picks, fallen premo’s for the ride home.

Total 8 trades.
If you have a boost or two up ya sleeve maybe 10 trades.

Anyone can reply to this so what trades and dead rookies do I need to replace as need cash gen. Cincotta, Simpson, angwin? Or just go Cowan for cincotta then hold for next week? I could upgrade setterfield to jack steel if I trade in cincotta? I would have to trade out hollands for a more expensive premi mid or back. Maybe I do cincotta for ginbey? EF1D0BBD-48AC-4A14-B408-3ADB70239B6F.png A0CF98D3-138C-4191-BAE4-DE031BF2B5E0.png

Anyone can reply to this so what trades and dead rookies do I need to replace as need cash gen. Cincotta, Simpson, angwin? Or just go Cowan for cincotta then hold for next week? I could upgrade setterfield to jack steel if I trade in cincotta? I would have to trade out hollands for a more expensive premi mid or back. Maybe I do cincotta for ginbey?View attachment 1678849View attachment 1678850

Ginbey to Cincotta and upgrade Setterfield or Callaghan

You could also do Hollands to Angwin or Simpson

Both solid options, but there's certainly a reason to pay up for Piggy given he's a safe captaincy option every week. Back your gut though.

Also on Sinclair, I imagine Keays will be glued to him next week, and I still don't love the pick with RTB throwing him around.
I think I have settled on a mid for this week given I only have Laird, Bont and Green. Taranto will swing forward eventually and probably move Day back this week.

Comes down to Trac vs Oliver. Oliver probably more reliable both scoring wise and captaincy choice.

Trac possible upside with the upcoming draw (granted Oliver also can go nuts).

Don't love Cripps, feel like back end of years he is banged up and produces a few 80s. Watch on Mills and Steele in the next week or two as cheaper options as mid premos.

Might have talked myself into Oliver.

Will see how rookies go tonight.

Wilmot or Hollands looped?

Plan all week has been
-Ginbey to Cincotta
-Pou to Simpson
-Green to Coniglio

But it leaves me with some dead rooks, wanting to maximise players in the bye.

Trade plans now are
-Cowan to Simpson
-Ginbey to Cincotta
-Greene/Pou to Gulden

This gives me loops on every line this week and with Tyler Young, Noah Long due to come back soon a lot of rookies playing hopefully in byes. It also gets my SMitch down back and link set up with sheezel.

I’ve just got to hope Gulden scores similar to Coniglio before I get the chance to bring Coniglio in again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back