Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale has a much better bye, but (even as someone who owns him) I'd be hesitant to spend $638k on him at this point in the season. Probably prefer Petracca to Cripps too due to durability (if you don't already have him).
I’ve got Trac, think I’ll go Crippa. Thanks mate

Trading one of Wilmot or Hollands
Trading Wilmot only enables me to get Mills
Tracing Hollands enables me to get get mills, Steele or Anderson. I'm absolutely ****ed on who to trade

Ashley Olsen Eye Roll GIF by Filmeditor

Clarry - Lowest to highest score, opposition, score, ladder position

98Richmond16th
113Bulldogs10th
115Essendon9th
121WCE18th
134North Melb15th
135Brisbane4th
156Sydney11th
Cool seven game sample size (which also includes two 130+ scores against teams in the bottom eight teams, anyway).

Averaged 128.6 against sides outside of the eight last year, which included two scores of 170+. Both of his career double tons were against bottom teams, too.

Cool seven game sample size (which also includes two 130+ scores against teams in the bottom eight teams, anyway).

Averaged 128.6 against sides outside of the eight last year, which included two scores of 170+. Both of his career double tons were against bottom teams, too.
Neglected to mention his average against sides inside the top 8 was 125.7, so 3 points difference. In fact, without those two massive 170+ games (yes, I know that's picking or choosing), his average against sides outside the top 8 was 116.5

Neglected to mention his average against sides inside the top 8 was 125.7, so 3 points difference. In fact, without those two massive 170+ games (yes, I know that's picking or choosing), his average against sides outside the top 8 was 116.5
I was refuting your eye rolling GIF – it seems you were trying to imply that it's obvious that Oliver goes lower against poor teams, when the stats don't really indicate that.

Fairly set on who to trade out this week:
Liam Jones, Setterfield and Phillipou

Also have some money in the bank so can get
Cincotta, Steele and Sinclair in (just)

But should I instead bring in Oliver this week and then hope to get those two next week (allowing me to bring in one of teakle or simpson as well, or save a second trade).

I was refuting your eye rolling GIF – it seems you were trying to imply that it's obvious that Oliver goes lower against poor teams, when the stats don't really indicate that.
Nope. The opposite. I’m refuting the theory that players score big simply because they’re playing s**t teams. A theme that’s always mentioned in these parts but rarely actually the case.

My template for the next month until the inevitable carnage:

R9: Cowan + Wilmot > Walsh + Drury
R10: Davey + Hollands > Ziebell + rookie
R11: Ashcroft + JVR > Trac + rookie
New DPP players available > swing Trac and Walsh fwd
AFTER R12 bye: Chandler + Mitchell > Neale / Cincotta + Simpson/Johnson > Ryan
AFTER R13 bye: Drury + rookie + rookie > Touk
TEAM COMPLETE
First stage of my template going to plan - Cowan and Wilmot need to go, Drury selected, Walsh's price hasn't increased significantly.
Not sure whether Ashcroft will last 3 weeks at this rate.

Yeah the Docherty roughie looks on, his role is still a bit funny, as he played forward first quarter and had some cba but he looks injury free and is proven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bye bye Ginbey. To Cincotta.

And then I’d be making an upgrade. It’s time to start trying to bank points. Getting rid of the dead rooks all at once isn’t great - neither is keeping them, but it hamstrings you a bit.

Sheezel should be an excellent F6 option all year, Clarko has said he’s likely to keep him there so I wouldn’t worry about that. Last of your worries when fielding Wilmot + 2 forward rookies.
Hopper less likely to be a permanent M8 but certainly averaging 90 is not a rush to get rid of. So don’t worry about them.

Ginbey to Cinc gives you best part of 230k to upgrade Greene with, so in the 514k ballpark.
Options are
(Via Zieb swing): Day, Docherty
(via Roberts swing - means you field JVR and bench Ashcroft so less of an option): Brayshaw
Straight swap: Heeney, Smith, Owens

I’d lean towards Day, then Smith personally. Day averaging over 100, he is under 500k so good value, playing a good role, just fills an easy spot in your side that is averaging 55 currently but can get you 100. There’s a reason he’s popular.

Then if you wanted to use The boost you could go Roberts to Simpson. Keeps the DPP link and gets a playing rookie on, however this only helps for perhaps a month MAX before Stengle is back I’d imagine. I’d hold tight.

I would look at doing:

Ginbey > Cinc
Wilmot > Gun (or Greene > Gun)

Don't overthink it I reckon - get those rookies off your field

Cowan - Cincotta
Greene - Simpson
Setterfault - Steele
Cheers for the responses legends.. I’ve opted against trading Setters as I am prioritising getting these rookies off the field… McKenna, Ashcroft and Wlmot are all on the chopping block along with Setters in the next few.

I ended up going:

Fergie Greene - Simpson (mature rookie, chose him over Lawrence Angwin using Scythe94 ‘s rationale… can get another look at Angwin and still get him in next week if need be, Simpson will be nearly unattainable)

Ginbey - The popular carbonated Italian beverage, Chinotto Cincotta

Cincotta looks the goods. Runs to receive, kicks both feet, will make cash.

Finally, Cowan to Docherty as that campaigner owes me for starting him at $600k, only for him to spud it up, drop a heap of cash, get injured, and be available for $100k cheaper.

campaigner.

Only in 5% of teams so am banking on him to regain form so I may be able to make up some ground in the top 10k… but I think given that I’m only left with 1 boost and 19 trades with a bunch of dead or dying rookies on the bench this far out from finals that I won’t be troubling the scorers too much in the pointy end of the season.

Meh. Time to get some pods in and have a larf methinks.

I might just wait a week and get another look at Steele and Mills.
Both have a BE of 126\127.
Yep seems like a good call - neither are must haves this week and gives us one more round of form to look at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back