Captains 2023 Round 8 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Finger slid over Dunkley last night but unfortunately didn’t back him in.

VC- Taranto
C- Piggy

Edit- 😔 got my piggy game time wrong. I’ll be playing footy, half time will be about 3:30. Means Taranto will be probably 3 and a bit quarters in and I may not have access to phone.

Probably have to back in piggy VC and hope like hell he gets a good score. Otherwise options are limited.

If I'd looked into it closely before now I would have gone
Taranto (vc)
English (c)

But unfortunately, I jumped in and made Neale (vc) last night so I have to choose between the other two as (c).

Taranto is playing a team which doesn't tag and has been giving up big scores to opposition mids. He should get a massive amount of the ball, but will he ruin his score with bad disposal? Has gone to a whole new level in recent games and is never going to find easier opposition.

English was poor last week, but all rucks except Goldy have failed against the Hawks. Now he's up against Flynn who held a couple of rookie rucks to low scores but has let the senior rucks he's played all score in the 100-110 range. English is far superior to any of those senior rucks and should score well.

Other options like Daicos, Bont, Macrae, Dawson and Rozee are playing teams who are more likely to curtail their scoring.

Really not sure which way to jump, although slightly favouring Taranto.

Tempted by Taranto, but don't want to be left deciding whether to take a 120, and then Oliver goes 150.

I've decided to jump on the Taranto VC bandwagon, he should go large against West Coast providing he doesn't butcher it too much.

If that doesn't work out I will throw the C on the Pig.
What score would you take from Taranto?

He would probably need 130 minimum.
Yeah, I agree. Great chance he gets that too.

My only concern is that I take an OK captain score from Taranto and then Oliver goes nuts and pulls out one of his monster scores against Gold Coast.

Yeah, I agree. Great chance he gets that too.

My only concern is that I take an OK captain score from Taranto and then Oliver goes nuts and pulls out one of his monster scores against Gold Coast.

I think Gold Coast will be harder to get a big score against than the West Coast witches hats.

Anyone tempted to VC Darcy?
He has a huge projected score of 147, so he must have a history of doing very well against the Hawks

I would have VC'd him, but I can't risk Captaining him due to his supposed injury this week :mad:
I've posted a few times about how badly opposition rucks have done against the Hawks. Goldy 115, English 90 and all the rest under 80.
Darcy's a big strong unit so he could outmuscle Reeves but I wouldn't be risking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English … Bont … English … Bont

Can’t decide. Annoying having my two best captain options on the same team.
Came here to post this after my vc piggy is looking likely for 110.

Can't really tag a ruck, can tag the bont. No idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back