Autopsy 2023 Round 9 – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Sunday, May 14, 4.40PM AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The weather forecast for Melbourne appears to be good - 18 degrees at the start of the game (dropping to 15 degrees by the end), sunny and light winds. So great conditions for a game of footy. This one is really a question of "can GWS upset the hot Pies?" - I'd opine that it's not impossible if we play to our strengths, and can maintain the effort for 4 quarters. Our problem is that we drop off too much in at least one quarter and allow opposition teams to really pour on a score in that time. The good for us has been the valiant last quarter fightbacks, albeit falling short more times than not. Pies have similarly had mixed games with last quarter fightbacks - but have managed to win the majority of them.

We really need our midfield to win more than its share of footy at the contest, and get quality ball into F50. Greene's absence is again problematic, so a lot rests (again) on Hogan clunking marks and kicking accurately, or at least bringing to ground and the smalls to score. Bedford, Daniels and Peatling all need to have good games and score points if we're to be a chance. Hopefully Jack Buckley can continue his superb form, while it will be interesting to see how Cam Fleeton plays in his debut.

GWS v COLL.png
Fingers crossed, staying hopeful. Let's cause an upset Giants!

Random work trip has meant I’ve found myself here…. About to wander over.

Let’s hope it’s better hunting than last time (2019s GF). At least let me enjoy a little bit of competition…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll hope it's as good as the last game against the Pies I saw at the G ... the week before the 2019 GF!

Go GIANTS!

Collingwood v GWS Giants at the MCG, 4.40pm AEST

NO LATE CHANGES

SUBSTITUTES
Collingwood:
Reef McInnes
GWS Giants: Callan Ward

So Moore & Noble get up for Pies, Toby doesn't for GWS - typical of our injury luck!

The market has Collingwood as overwhelming favourites as $1.12 (we are $5.60). Anything is possible though, and we have never lost by 21 points. This will be a test against the competition favourites at their MCG and without Toby.

Lachie Ash grrrrr.....

Instead of taking the ball over the sideline for a reset, goes for a wild punch, turnover, Collingwood goal.

The bloke is not AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peatling...

2 players in the clear - just needs a 20m chip over the Collingwood player.

Nup - kick goes 10m.

Turnover.

Appalling skills.

Another who is a sub and no more.

And again, Whitfield is drawn to the centre square and his direct opponent gets 20m clear goalside.

Dare to say it's probably in Collingwood's game plan as it's happened at least 3 times this quarter.

And again, Whitfield is drawn to the centre square and his direct opponent gets 20m clear goalside.

Dare to say it's probably in Collingwood's game plan as it's happened at least 3 times this quarter.
McRae is a great coach - last year I thought was a fluke, but he has made Collingwood deserved premiership favourites

Peatling...

2 players in the clear - just needs a 20m chip over the Collingwood player.

Nup - kick goes 10m.

Turnover.

Appalling skills.

Another who is a sub and no more.
Might kick 50 behinds this year and no goals, could be a record breaker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back