Autopsy 2023 Round 9 – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Sunday, May 14, 4.40PM AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it matters much, but at least we scored higher than our lowest ever score against Collingwood of 54 in 2012

God, that is the longest of long bows.
As I understand it, players get about a 10 week off season, as well as 3 weeks off over Christmas. Surely that means they won't miss living in melbourne. They can still spend about 11 weeks a year there, assuming a 2 week overseas holiday.
At least Toby can recover better Ward will be fresh for a winnable game next week vs StKilda.

Last edited:
Nah, Cadman’s not the issue.

KPF takes time to come on. Might be a spell in the 2s. Derkson, TFG, Ward for Cadman, Lloyd, Peatling.

And that’s just the forward line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think they wanted certain players to play on the MCG in front of family and friends this week.

As ridiculous as this probably sounds, and it's post-match frustration, Whitfield needs to be dropped to the 2s for at least a month.

Might encourage him to get some passion (and form) back into his game.

At the moment, he is basically giving the opposition points, playing like someone who is far too comfortable with his position.

Definitely trade him out end of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't get to watch this week because of other stuff man looks really rough, to lay so few tackles is just not good enough, I've been talking about it for a few weeks but Cadman needs a spell in the 2s, he's not ready yet and that's fine but we have other options that we can go to who are in good form so we should, Derksen absolutely deserves a chance. Just a stinker all around.

As ridiculous as this probably sounds, and it's post-match frustration, Whitfield needs to be dropped to the 2s for at least a month.

At the moment, he is basically giving the opposition points, playing like someone who is far too comfortable with his position.

Definitely trade him out end of year.l we

agreed.

Agreed. Thinks he’s above the team and takes his position for granted. Need to drop him and other high paid players that aren’t performing. It’s all about setting the standard and putting culture above anything else

Unfortunately that reflects the big contract bring a mistake, management doesn't want to do that.
I think Fahey in, I guess they are hoping Whitfield comes good somehow.

How long are we persisting with Daniel Lloyd for? Offering very little.

Unfortunately that reflects the big contract bring a mistake, management doesn't want to do that.
Totally agree with you.

He won't be dropped because the upper echelons of the GWS wouldn't allow it.

They'd be made to look stupid.

But he should be dropped purely based on form and attitude.

Totally agree with you.

He won't be dropped because the upper echelons of the GWS wouldn't allow it.

They'd be made to look stupid.

But he should be dropped purely based on form and attitude.
I can understand Toby on such a big contract and signing him until 2026, but Whitfield till 2027? Good luck to him and his agent, but our club should have negotiated better or walked away and traded for draft picks.

Good luck to him and his agent, but our club should have negotiated better or walked away and traded for draft picks.
On a tangent, but relevant....

I think the club has lost HH based on results alone.

I'm still interested, though in what GWS will offer him - contract length and $$, as they've dug themselves a damn big hole based on precedence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back