Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we make of Tom Hickey's value proposition for R2. How does it compare to other sub 500k rucks, like OMac and Cameron.

TH is $465k and he has a decent recent history of scoring tonnes prior to his injury last year.
I'd be very weary of Ladhams making a bigger impact this year

no love for solo ruck cameron?

Waiting for Pies fans to sell me on this.

If it's just him and McStay named round 1 it looks good.
If Cox is anywhere near the 22 it could be a disaster.

Waiting for Pies fans to sell me on this.

If it's just him and McStay named round 1 it looks good.
If Cox is anywhere near the 22 it could be a disaster.
with dpp he becomes a bit more valuable imo. if youre gonna start with a pox fwd line. having him to swing forward once the ruck carnage settles is good option i think

with dpp he becomes a bit more valuable imo. if youre gonna start with a pox fwd line. having him to swing forward once the ruck carnage settles is good option i think

Swinging him forward is one thing but then you need to replace him with a premo Ruck anyway. If there is No Cox I would start him in a heartbeat but he is no lock as a 2nd ruck.

Swinging him forward is one thing but then you need to replace him with a premo Ruck anyway. If there is No Cox I would start him in a heartbeat but he is no lock as a 2nd ruck.
His DPP might not be so valuable come round 6 when one (or both) of Gawn/Grundy and possibly Marshall get it. Likely all of them out-score Cameron.

His DPP might not be so valuable come round 6 when one (or both) of Gawn/Grundy and possibly Marshall get it. Likely all of them out-score Cameron.

Might as well save a trade and start with one of them anyway then.

Match sim today from a poster on our board.
“Tim English was best afield and controlled the air, land and sea. His upper body is now massive and he also finished 7th in the time trials a few weeks back, so he is in the very top of the class for fitness too. It showed in a dominant and clean display.”

Ruck only next year and 3rd most expensive with his history it makes it hard to even consider him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English is my R1 but I'm surprised there isn't more love to Marshall, he should have most of the rucking duties now Ryder is gone and in the season he was the main ruck he averaged 112 and he was still a young player back then.
I think the worry with Marshall is with King injured long term he gets parked forward and they play that spud Campbell.

Could be the play to get him in when he gets DPP and King is back.

I think the worry with Marshall is with King injured long term he gets parked forward and they play that spud Campbell.

Could be the play to get him in when he gets DPP and King is back.
How often do clubs cover their No.1 KPF going out with their No.1 ruckman?

BRoma
smokey robinson james GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back