Injury 2023 St Kilda Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dougal Howard out after breaking his wrist last weekend. Had surgery no mention of when he will return?

Thats just our luck we look like getting a few back and lose another:(

Last edited:
Dougal Howard out after breaking his wrist last weekend. Had surgery no mention of when he will return?

Thats just our luck we get look like getting a few back and lose another:(
It's a shame because it probably now means Cordy goes back to replace him and I was hoping to see him forward again - it looked good at the start of the year even if his return wasn't fantastic.

Thats just our luck we get look like getting a few back and lose another:(
Putting aside Doug’s regular 2-3 costly errors. The good news is we can look at some different defensive options before the end of the season. Most here presume Highmore’s papers are stamped but he isn’t the lockdown gorilla. Stick Cordy back and see how he handles Lewis, Curnow, Reiwoldt and Hawkins/Cameron in the coming weeks depending how long Howard is out for.

Would love to see us play the extra ruck finally and allow Marshall to spend greater periods forward. Big ask to expect Hayes to make Sicily accountable but Ro’s presence forward would help. Don’t forget last time we played the hawks Owens was out with concussion

It's a shame because it probably now means Cordy goes back to replace him and I was hoping to see him forward again - it looked good at the start of the year even if his return wasn't fantastic.

I don't think Cordy was the missing link that meant we were good back then.
Just a co-incidence that while he was there we played well.

Roof left open, Doogs slips and breaks wrist on the concrete turf. Is WorkCover sniffing around this? That's where we're heading these days.

Given the AFL thing is "oh we just left it open for a few extra hours, what's the big deal, shaddap ya whinger" unlikely anyone is sniffing anything but bullshit as per normal.

Did this Club walk under a ladder at some stage?

More and more convinced those saying hell on earth are right and thus the Demons win flags and we struggle as yep, rapture.

Now we know why Lyon was shitty about the roof being open. On rewatch the players were slipping all over the place.

Broken wrists are absolutely shithouse. I missed nearly 4 months for mine but an AFL listed player might be 4 weeks.

Did yours get pinned? My son just had one and according to the doctor it's those little carpal bones that take time due to low blood supply are the bad ones. If it's the big bones it's not such a drama. His was a fractured Ulna and he had his arm in a cast for a month. He played out his match and didn't realise it was broken for a couple of days. If Dougal played it out perhaps it was that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did yours get pinned? My son just had one and according to the doctor it's those little carpal bones that take time due to low blood supply are the bad ones. If it's the big bones it's not such a drama. His was a fractured Ulna and he had his arm in a cast for a month. He played out his match and didn't realise it was broken for a couple of days. If Dougal played it out perhaps it was that.
I broke the end of my radius so fortunately i didnt have to worry about any of the little bones. Pinned with a big bottle opener looking plate. Looks overkill on the x-rays but im no surgeon. When I did it I thought i had just sprained it really badly as whilst it hurt it wasnt the agony i hear other people say broken wrists are like.

I am super surprised he was able to play out the game as it would have absolutely been painful.

Seriously hill is out for a week?
I didnt think there was too much in that hit

Cordy in i guess
Bruised lung. Was coughing blood.

I broke the end of my radius so fortunately i didnt have to worry about any of the little bones. Pinned with a big bottle opener looking plate. Looks overkill on the x-rays but im no surgeon. When I did it I thought i had just sprained it really badly as whilst it hurt it wasnt the agony i hear other people say broken wrists are like.

I am super surprised he was able to play out the game as it would have absolutely been painful.

My son is a tough guy, he's 17 not a baby which helps and soccer not footy. He was fuming at the doctor for not giving him a certificate to go back to do his Woolies job stacking shelves with his cast on. He didn't get his toughness from me. I'm barely able to move after a few days skiing.

Fair enough
Didn't look that bad
Must've got him in a nice sweet spot

That would hurt like *. Front on in the chest would be as painful as it gets. Took a solid hit.

Seriously hill is out for a week?
I didnt think there was too much in that hit

Cordy in i guess

I've coughed up things and have had x-rays for lung checks, doesn't take much in that area, but you need to consider that lungs do pulse, there is movement so many times per minute let alone per day, so say on my end it's a dull ache sort of thing and taste of mucus, on his end it's likely be taste of tin.

You then don't feel 100% at all and if you demand something from a damaged lung it'll hurt like all buggery and you'll come out short every single time.

That would hurt like *. Front on in the chest would be as painful as it gets. Took a solid hit.
Yeah look fair play to him
I didn't think it was that bad and then saw him get up take a mark and a kick so thought gee it's not that bad
But yeah sore lungs it's gonna hurt to breath no doubt

Just had a look at Dr Google, suggests even after surgery the recovery time is 6-8 weeks so unfortunately I doubt we see Dougal again this year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back