Injury 2023 St Kilda Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Point is, the guy was showing plenty as a #8 pick before his acl, so no reason to think he won’t be able to give us more. Will need to obviously get over the latest injury though.
Good clubs don’t pick back pockets with top 10 picks. Key reason why we find ourselves in the current predicament where we are light on for top end talent.

Good clubs don’t pick back pockets with top 10 picks. Key reason why we find ourselves in the current predicament where we are light on for top end talent.
Well, he's a half back flanker for a start.

Was one of our best in 2020, then in 2021, he lost his best mate in the backline in Paton, so had an inconsistent year.

The guy, has the physical attributes & footy skills, to be a star in the competition.

Well, he's a half back flanker for a start.

Was one of our best in 2020, then in 2021, he lost his best mate in the backline in Paton, so had an inconsistent year.

The guy, has the physical attributes & footy skills, to be a star in the competition.
He had a good 2020 . I maintain that a back flanker from a top 10 pick won’t cut it - the evidence (club performance) would suggest I am correct. Look at the top 10 players taken by successful clubs. I acknowledge injury has hindered him significantly recently; however at the top 10 players taken by successful clubs in recent years: you will find an abundance of key forwards or midfielders.

Out of interest what is his one wood ? I find him a touch underwhelming if I am brutally honest. Clark (evasiveness) and Nas (ball use) have stand out traits.

He had a good 2020 . I maintain that a back flanker from a top 10 pick won’t cut it - the evidence (club performance) would suggest I am correct. Look at the top 10 players taken by successful clubs. I acknowledge injury has hindered him significantly recently; however at the top 10 players taken by successful clubs in recent years: you will find an abundance of key forwards or midfielders.

Out of interest what is his one wood ? I find him a touch underwhelming if I am brutally honest. Clark (evasiveness) and Nas (ball use) have stand out traits.
'Intercept marking', possibly our best at it.
He's got decent speed for a player of his size, & his kicking is in the elite bracket too.

On the bright side, it can't get much worse.
New mascot ready to roll.

oN1mySc.jpg

Nevertheless, we did at a time when we had two top ten picks, and he has shown he has what it takes. Just needs to get over the injuries. can be a star for us.

Nevertheless, we did at a time when we had two top ten picks, and he has shown he has what it takes. Just needs to get over the injuries. can be a star for us.

And of course the Dogs got a star with the next pick. I'm still a bit worried that Clark, Paton and Coffield are another lot of GOPs, this is probably the year that they need to start making hay. Six years in the system and you aren't a kid any more. Higgins is from that draft too. If he can't get his consistency going he probably falls into that list too. All of them have a bit of an excuse due to injury at the moment but that wears thin at some point. Hopefully Ross Lyon can work out how to use them all to advantage and they do the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2001. Pick 1. Luke Hodge.

Really hope it's just a minor hamstring for King. The last thing we need is a delay to his return.

Shouldn't be a 6 week hamstring, surely

Yeah, heard he was getting close to an early return and now he seems back to a long recovery time. Maybe just being hyper conservative with him.

Honestly reckon he was tracking better than a round 7 return though.

I know that was the official word but I don't think his shoulder is that far away.
he was playing rnd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back