Memberships 2023 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,239 - CLUB RECORD)

Remove this Banner Ad

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
George, I won't be offended if you decide to to remake this thread in your name as it seems like a few people have me blocked and I don't really mind but I would prefer as many people as possible to see this theead and I don't think it's too early.

Right now I would imagine the club wants to get on the front foot and capitalise on this surge of optimism.

Of course there will be a few nuffies stupid enough to jump off at this decisive moment, but I think a lot more people will be ready to come back from exile when they see the band getting back together - especially for this important year in our history.

I don't expect anyone from the club actually reads this but this is my my point of view as a fan and as someone who understands marketing.

Ross Lyon is a Saints icon just as the St Kilda Football club is a football icon. Both have a rich tapestry of emotions linked to them both positive and negative and that iconography shouldn't go to waste.

2023 is time to celebrate our survival over 150 years of struggle, self-sabotage and natural disaster, but we've done more than just hang in there. This club has given footy some unforgettable moments, some of its best players and unique characters of the game. In a way St Kilda is the soul of the AFL. A club that has lost more times than most could handle, each time picking itself off the canvas and reinventing itself for another crack.

And right now, we're doing it again. A coach who was a few bounces away from being the most successful in our history, back to right the wrongs of his history at the club, as well as the club's own story. A few on-field heroes from the club's past back to help prepare a new generation of players for the fiercest battles. A coming of age for a group of players that the footy world doesn't believe in, a chance for them to stand up and stake a claim in their club's future. A president who acted and flipped the script when many just paid lip service to change. Supporters who have become the dictionary definition of persistence, riding every bump and soaring with every speccie, and sticking fat despite the absence of reward other clubs take for granted in the hope of something truly special.

This is the year when we do it our way, not the conventional way. No more trying to copy successful clubs, we look in the mirror and assume who we are. For better or worse, this is the St Kilda Football Club, we are the Saints; the Red, the White, and the Black. Ross. Lenny. Harvs. BJ. Max. Jack. Jack. Jack. And Jack. But you don't have to be another Jack. Just be you. You're one of us. Get on board for a huge year. Time to throw it all on the table and go for gold. Join now.

ST KILDA 150 - ALL IN

(A couple of cheeky edits there to reflect latest news)

Last edited:
George, I won't be offended if you decide to to remake this thread in your name as it seems like a few people have me blocked and I don't really mind but I would prefer as many people as possible to see this theead and I don't think it's too early.

Right now I would imagine the club wants to get on the front foot and capitalise on this surge of optimism.

Of course there will be a few nuffies stupid enough to jump off at this decisive moment, but I think a lot more people will be ready to come back from exile when they see the band getting back together - especially for this important year in our history.

I don't expect anyone from the club actually reads this but this is my my point of view as a fan and as someone who understands marketing.

Ross Lyon is a Saints icon just as the St Kilda Football club is a football icon. Both have a rich tapestry of emotions linked to them both positive and negative and that iconography shouldn't go to waste.

2023 is time to celebrate our survival over 150 years of struggle, self-sabotage and natural disaster, but we've done more than just hang in there. This club has given footy some unforgettable moments, some of its best players and unique characters of the game. In a way St Kilda is the soul of the AFL. A club that has lost more times than most could handle, each time picking itself off the canvas and reinventing itself for another crack.

And right now, we're doing it again. A coach who was a few bounces away from being the most successful in our history, back to right the wrongs of his history at the club, as well as the club's own story. An on-field hero from the club's past back to help prepare a new generation of players for the fiercest battles. A coming of age for a group of players that the footy world doesn't believe in. A president who acted and flipped the script when many just paid lip service to change. Supporters who have become the dictionary definition of persistence. riding every bump and soaring with every speccie, and sticking fat despite the absence of reward other clubs take for granted in the hope of something truly special.

This is the year when we do it our way, not the conventional way. No more trying to copy successful clubs, we look in the mirror and assume who we are. For better or worse, this is the St Kilda Football Club, we are the Saints; the Red, the White, and the Black. Ross. Lenny. Max. Jack. Jack. Jack. And Jack. But you don't have to be another Jack. Just be you. You're one of us. Get on board for a huge year. Time to throw it all on the table and go for gold. Join now.

ST KILDA 150 - ALL IN
Lol all good mate. Will see what we do when the campaign kicks off. Given I'm a mod nobody can block me which must be annoying because I am a campaigner but then everyone will at least see the thread. I can also just edit your post with the tally and info etc. Let's see how we go.

Given I'm a mod nobody can block me which must be annoying
Yes

Always onboard

2 prem interstate and one AFLW

FQF

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Shout out to our membership team. They worked around my rather difficult communication barrier and even extended an offer made to me, to my partner, after the payment deadline had passed. Sure, they were getting extra money out of me but I wasn’t adding another membership so anyone else might’ve told me my request wasn’t possible just to avoid having to do something that was a bit of a PITA.

Looking forward to these 150th year membership cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear. I know you expressed significant reservations about RTB coming on board, so good to see you on board and backing the club.....
I still have reservations, however I support the club.

I Don't care that Rob Harvey is back, other people do. I just want to get back into finals and to move up the ladder.

Made it well known that after 32 years as a reversed seat SC member, I was not renewing.
Not because of Saints or mediocrity but because I just couldn't see how we would bridge the gap to the top teams with the Academy and FS rules, Geelong getting pick 7, Brisbane getting the no.1 pick, all the good players going to the top teams etc, my hope had gone.
Was keen on Ratts and defended him, but knew we couldn't compete with him. He couldn't get buy in.
So the sacking and RL signing was the miracle I needed to restore hope. Think Bassat is the ruthless bastard who will not die wondering.

I am on board again, restored my membership and looking forward what RTB will do.

And right now, we're doing it again. A coach who was a few bounces away from being the most successful in our history, back to right the wrongs of his history at the club, as well as the club's own story. A couple of on-field heroes from the club's past back to help prepare a new generation of players for the fiercest battles. A coming of age for a group of players that the footy world doesn't believe in, a chance for them to stand up and stake a claim in their club's future. A president who acted and flipped the script when many just paid lip service to change. Supporters who have become the dictionary definition of persistence, riding every bump and soaring with every speccie, and sticking fat despite the absence of reward other clubs take for granted in the hope of something truly special.

This is the year when we do it our way, not the conventional way. No more trying to copy successful clubs, we look in the mirror and assume who we are. For better or worse, this is the St Kilda Football Club, we are the Saints; the Red, the White, and the Black. Ross. Lenny. Harvs. Max. Jack. Jack. Jack. And Jack. But you don't have to be another Jack. Just be you. You're one of us. Get on board for a huge year. Time to throw it all on the table and go for gold. Join now.

ST KILDA 150 - ALL IN

(A couple of cheeky edits there to reflect latest news)
Awesome post mate. If some one at the Saints Marketing team wants an easy week - they can control c and control v the last 4 paragraphs and send it through as a draft for approval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back