List Mgmt. 2023 Staying or Going? - Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it numerically makes sense to keep Bonar, Mahony, Turner and Howe for the time being.

38 on the main list minus Goldy, Cunners, Ziebell, Hall, Mckay, Young, Perez, Spicer = 30 players.

Add George, that's 31 players. Meaning there's room for 7 more.

Take Edwards from the rookie list, and there's only space for 1 more there.

So as things stand, we have space for 8 new players.

Meanwhile we have 2, 3, 15 and 20 in the first round.
41 and 53 in the third.
61 in the fourth.
Plus 19 and 20 next year.

The fourth rounder is probably useless unless its a token pick in a salary dump.

So there are 8 vacancies for the 8 picks.
Doesn’t leave any spots for Stephens, Fisher and perhaps one or two others to join via trade. I suspect we might only use 4 - 5 picks at the draft.

Turner and Howe I suppose fill a role.

Bonar is injured more than he plays. The guy is made out of paper. He is wasting a spot.

Mahony…. Just no.

Happy with the rest of the delistings

Time will tell if any of Turner, Bonar, Howe & Mahony are on our list next year, my issue is we know exactly what each of them brings and it’s underwhelming at best. We will never improve if we keep relying on the same limited individuals.

FFS try something different for once look at some State League players give someone else a go. If it doesn’t work fine at least we tried. At the moment we are the very definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

So we have 8 list spots as of now. 2 retirements, 2 trades and 4 delisted.

Likely 2 coming in via trade.

Possible 1-2 other senior players.

Then 4 draftees.

Think only 1-2 more list spots to open up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's the non delistings that are more informative than the delistings.
Yeah the old saying is doing the same thing over n over and expecting a different result

We know what they bring to a footy field and it ain’t much.

Ass others have stated - try some state league players

I guess it’s telling that Perez only has one game that I can really remember that gave me some indication he might be good. Maybe his first one?

Unfortunately he goes down in the group as one of those guys that did their acl at the worst possible time of their development.

rip Perez, EVW, Ahern and co

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon howe stays, which is disturbing, but we have just had so much experience walk out the door.

His age actually helps him here.
Howe has been good this year with his experience and showing the younger players how not to give up. Has indicated a desire to get into list management and seems a decent bloke from interviews. A far better player than Howe via Hawthorn as well. A very poor choice by Clarko on Howe.

I reckon both those guys have some upside - Bonar heaps actually if he can get his body right. Mahony isn’t a terrible footballer and had been injured and Nobled. Rather keep those two than Turner and Howe who are utterly known quantities.
Mahony I agree, but I think Bonar is pretty lucky to survive what may be the initial cut. Apart from getting injured all he's shown is how to get beaten. Not good for a defender.

Last edited:
Don’t draft any more guys coming off ACL’s
It’s not to say there arent players that can overcome adversity and still be bloody good footballers, but what EVH, Ahern, Bonar, Perez, Will Walker have all shown is that it can’t be done at North.

It’s not to say there arent players that can overcome adversity and still be bloody good footballers, but what EVH, Ahern, Bonar, Perez, Will Walker have all shown is that it can’t be done at North.
It hasn't been done apart from Jy. Not sure if I've missed anyone.....

Anyway, doesn't mean we can't improve.....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mahony I agree, but I think Bonar is pretty lucky to survive what may be the initial cut. Apart from getting injured all he's shown is how to get beaten. Not good for a defender.

Not sure he gets beaten more than any other of our defenders. In fact in early 22 he was batting above average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back