List Mgmt. 2023 Staying or Going? - Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Turner?? He is limited ffs get rid of him. Howe as well. I'd rather take the punt on a couple of state league players.

80k4gj.jpg

There’s a few I would have preferred to see gone before Lachie Young but anyway.

We forget to announce Mahony and Howe Delistings?

Perez stiff

I really like Rez, but the few times he got an opportunity at senior level this year he was pretty poor.

Hopefully stays on to train with the group over pre season, may be able to get himself back on the list. Out of all the blokes I can see being delisted he’s the one I’d be most ok with getting another chance.

Now we know Bonar and Mahony left the Syd Barker early to go sign their contract extensions....
I reckon both those guys have some upside - Bonar heaps actually if he can get his body right. Mahony isn’t a terrible footballer and had been injured and Nobled. Rather keep those two than Turner and Howe who are utterly known quantities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, Howe was easily our best performer in the SUB role this year, and had solid form at VFL level when he wasn’t best 22.

Turner played reasonable roles in all 3 of our wins this year, sets standards at training and is in the right age range.

I know everyone is desperate for these guys to be supplanted by superior players, and they will be - very quickly - but we’re going into next year having lost BMac, Cunnington, Ziebell and Goldstein.

If one of both of them get retained for another year to have a bit of stability at the club I can live with it.

Believe it or not, the club has backflipped and Howe does have a contract in front of him. Extraordinary.
I’m not surprised once they announced we could keep an extra couple of rookie spots. Tall, young, versatile, good tank, no problem finding the footy. Decision making and kicking to disadvantage lets him down. Good depth player and will be an asset to the vfl team and supporting the kids coming through. Hopefully a good run with injuries means he plays minimal afl and that would be a sign of good growth for the club

Ffs Turner still here.

Who are our targets - we need to land them to piss off the deadwood
I am of the belief Kayne is doing a Kramer and George Costanza . He is that dedicated he doesn’t get paid and just shows up , while everyone still thinks he is still on the list from the President down.

Cannot move on Bonar until we have some idea what we are doing with our key defenders. He is not a KP defender but has shown he can at least compete, even against the likes of McKay. Mahoney, Turner and Howe have plenty of competition.

This may change by the end of the trade period but haven't heard many names yet. Corr and Dawson are it right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back