Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
frilled-lizard-gif-4.gif
Can-bearded-dragons-eat-tomatoes-6-1024x576.jpg

From memory those 3 scores were when he copped some heavy attention. I’d wager he’d cop a fair amount of attention this year especially after his GF. Certainly going to be a star of the comp but I wonder if it’s still a year early in SC as he hasn’t shown he can work through a tag
But which MIDS can handle attention .....Brayshaw, Mills, Neale :crossmark: .....will Rozee be able to, certain to get attention in 2023

Bontempelli, Laird, Oliver, Macrae :whitecheck:

Ross Lyon provides insight into how St Kilda will play in 2023​

Lyon was known as a defensive coach during his previous time at the Saints and the Dockers, but admits the league has evolved beyond that methodology.

“You need more than one gear, certainly,” he told SEN’s Sportsday.

“We were a control and shape team. Second for uncontested marks in the back half and in the top two for uncontested marks around the ground.

“I think the trend now has been to go forward more quickly. The uncontested and control game is disappearing.

There’s times you need it – either through injury or time of the game or you’re under pressure, but fundamentally that shape and control and uncontested mark game is (disappearing).

“I’ve hardly tweaked anything. I really liked what they’ve come up with. We were a stoppage dependent team. We want to improve our turnover use because you can’t live on stoppage.

“I’ve coached teams (reliant on stoppage) and it’s too easy to negate in the big games.

“We like to be a go-forward team, use our run, be a pressure team.

“I’ve never coached perfection; we like a bit of chaos and I think it will suit us, so I’m pretty excited about it.

Ross Lyon provides insight into how St Kilda will play in 2023​

Lyon was known as a defensive coach during his previous time at the Saints and the Dockers, but admits the league has evolved beyond that methodology.

“You need more than one gear, certainly,” he told SEN’s Sportsday.

“We were a control and shape team. Second for uncontested marks in the back half and in the top two for uncontested marks around the ground.

“I think the trend now has been to go forward more quickly. The uncontested and control game is disappearing.

There’s times you need it – either through injury or time of the game or you’re under pressure, but fundamentally that shape and control and uncontested mark game is (disappearing).

“I’ve hardly tweaked anything. I really liked what they’ve come up with. We were a stoppage dependent team. We want to improve our turnover use because you can’t live on stoppage.

“I’ve coached teams (reliant on stoppage) and it’s too easy to negate in the big games.

“We like to be a go-forward team, use our run, be a pressure team.

“I’ve never coached perfection; we like a bit of chaos and I think it will suit us, so I’m pretty excited about it.

No f*cking way. Ross Lyon offensive footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back